Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Boxman posted:

I'm a little bored with League and bad at Overwatch, so its time for me to suck rear end at another multiplayer game. What's the new player situation like here? It looks like the referral program is still active, anyone want to give me a link?

The OP is 3 years old - is it still reliable with goon clans and tank nation choices, or?

First up, you will want to use an 'invite code' when you make a new account, will get you some free stuff. Try: "CHIEFTAIN2019", that would get you a Churchill III and some equip, I think. If it doesn't work you can check this thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/

Find another one that looks good and grab it.

After you made your account with an invite code (those sorts of codes ONLY work when making a new account) then get a benevolent Goon to play with you and send you a referral code. You will get bonuses when platooning with them as well as earning points for other rewards.

EDIT:

We did it bois, we made it to the g4m3r page number. Do we prestige into a new thread now?

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Crazyeyes24 posted:

We did it bois, we made it to the g4m3r page number. Do we prestige into a new thread now?

yellow tanks all round

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Crazyeyes24 posted:

After you made your account with an invite code (those sorts of codes ONLY work when making a new account) then get a benevolent Goon to play with you and send you a referral code. You will get bonuses when platooning with them as well as earning points for other rewards.

I can also invite him when I get home from work. Also I need to get a referral so Boxman if you are in the US I'll add you later today so we can play together. Just need your in-game name and we can platoon later today if you like.

E-

Boxman posted:

I'm a little bored with League and bad at Overwatch, so its time for me to suck rear end at another multiplayer game. What's the new player situation like here? It looks like the referral program is still active, anyone want to give me a link?

The OP is 3 years old - is it still reliable with goon clans and tank nation choices, or?

We're gonna be honest and say the new player experience is something that needs to be worked on but can be easier with goons and other means. Got an amazon prime account? Then you can easily get your hands on a really good T7 heavy tank that definitely can help you grind credits. Other things that can make it easier on you is purchasing a premium account but a lot of goons highly recommend playing for a bit to see how you will enjoy the game.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 13, 2020

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
New player experience with goons is good because you can truck around winning games while they explain all the weird undocumented poo poo that's essential to playing the game effectively.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rincewinds posted:

Part of me hates when it comes down to this, me against a bunch of enemies and still having a chance, because I am always making GBS threads myself that I will gently caress it up.

jesus christ, carrying in a lowe

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Flayer posted:

I would call WoT... Time2Win. Even buying lots of boosts you still need to grind up good crews and nothing beats map and tank knowledge when it comes to winning, not even a 15 skill crew loaded with prammo.

This is a fair thing to say, but as someone that used to play a lot and is just playing again, holy poo poo some maps with some tanks just feel like there isn't an incredible amount you can do to put your thumb on the scale.

Other times it's just me not watching the mini-map and making assumptions about my team doing things like not all going to one place and stopping ( they do this a lot ).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

jesus christ, carrying in a lowe

Pubbies still have no idea how to fight a Lowe after all of these years.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

After the buffs a while ago the Lowe is a pretty good tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, the buffs have made the Lowe a decent tier 8.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Boy howdy, I sure do enjoy me the M103 somethin' fierce so far.
Engine power seems to make it handle inclines a lot better, and feel much less sluggish than the T32. The commander's hatch is right on the center-axis of your gun and at the very read of the turret, so you can wiggle it well, and the top gun has good-enough accuracy at 0.35 along with a decent heat-round to snipe and be competitive in tier 10 games.

And then, you have the games where you're top-tier:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Also, I just paid Wargaming 6 bucks to finish up my Lunar New Year collection and play dress up for make-believe internet pixel tanks. Good lord :cripes:

It also just occurred to me, that - while it was largely doable to finish all holiday collections with a little Decoridering, playing tanks, getting decorations, and breaking decorations over the last couple of years - it is now all but impossible to finish more than two without buying a lot more of their boxes.
I played a bit over the holidays, but definitely not as much as last year (thanks, SDV from saving me from that decision), and I didn't manage to finish two without grabbing an extra three boxes to get me the 450 shards I was missing. (come to think of it, I could probably just have played a couple more games tomorrow before work, but :lol: at grinding anything at all ever again in this game)

This year, the tier V decorations are THE LARGEST, and they give you the anti-duplication thingamajiggies to make it seem like it's easier, but holy christ, I honestly want to see the revenue numbers for the last few days of this special, especially due to the fact that people playing more will have been more tempted to finish up the collections that seem like they're all but completed, but actually require a shitton of more large boxes for hard-earned cash.

:stare:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

EZ Game dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixz3vvPLJ3U

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:eyepop:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I've spent all day watching tech tree showcases from skill4ltu and my last video ended with this guy hitting a cross-map blindshot on arty with the Super Conq, then trying to jump off the top of the aircraft carrier deck onto a stack of enemy heavies.

What a fella.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

yeah that guy owns

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I think the current double barrel implementation is sort of broken. Alternate fire has normal dispersion, but so far from what I can tell, when you DP fire you are going to hit directly in the center (and to whatever side the 2nd barrel is on) of where you are aiming.

This can lead to some sweet shots if you can time it right, but I wonder how they are going to fix it.

If you have to fight double barrel dispersion all while trying to do the press and hold, aim, etc. It might make the DP shots literally only good for shotgun use which would sort of take a lot of fun out of it unless you are point blank fighting.

Guess we will have to see.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

ROFLburger posted:

yeah that guy owns

Zwartzentruber
Dec 26, 2012

That is a good question, I have no idea
I do agree with you Ed. The double barrel was really good at first, but now it seems it can be hit from just about anywhere.

Only good thing is that sweet sweet double pen shot doing 700+ damage

Zwartzentruber fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 14, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Zwartzentruber posted:

I do agree with you Ed. The double barrel was really good at first, but now it seems it can be hit from just about anywhere.

Only good thing is that sweet sweet double pen shot doing 700+ damage

I think what he is talking about is its aim dispersion. Which is really good for the 703 II. Also its a mechanic doing a double shot has a higher chance of doing severe module damage. If you are hitting a certain spot of a tank and hit it twice in a row its pretty sure you are going to hurt that module.

The tank is good. Balanced? No. The double shot, counter shot, and front is the only good thing about it. Everything else is pretty much like playing an IS: Bring the gun, aim it, fire, fall back. But with this tank you have options provided you didnt blow your load when you aim.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
First game of the evening.

But wait! There's more!

lol

e;
Replay for full disclosure.
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5185096#steppes-mariuslecter-t26e5_patriot

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 14, 2020

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
member when wg was teasing us about destructible buildings, in the video they ran into normal buildings that you normally cant destroy in game currently and they fell down in a pile of bricks? very accurately as if in real life if i remember right- yeah that was a cool video it's a shame that was forgotten i was reminded of it when i seen someone messing with a game engine on twitch

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turmoilx posted:

member when wg was teasing us about destructible buildings, in the video they ran into normal buildings that you normally cant destroy in game currently and they fell down in a pile of bricks? very accurately as if in real life if i remember right- yeah that was a cool video it's a shame that was forgotten i was reminded of it when i seen someone messing with a game engine on twitch

Imagine a scenario, where a tank can ram into a building and it acts as cover from artillery.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So I'm wondering what's next on the list of "things WG said would never be in WoT."

Tier 11 tanks with smoothbore guns?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

that was what, 2013/2014? oof

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi8mTM-z9Oc

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Turmoilx posted:

When wondering why WG don't put cool shot like this in the game, I just remind myself the mantra "how much money would this make WG?" If they can't sell it, don't expect it.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

when does frontline come back? i miss having fun

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

when does frontline come back? i miss having fun

Soon™

So why is the pendulum swinging in the direction of people complaining about the mammoth tanks? Did they release something saying that they will come with spinners or something?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

For anyone needing an invite code to make a new account:

AWR22W-RGR48-UM6AV

Your Invite Code* for new players includes:

M22 Locust
14 days of WoT premium account
1,000 Gold
3 Slots
1,000,000 Credits

Yours for the taking. Alienware arena has some codes that just went up if you are doing that stuff.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

So why is the pendulum swinging in the direction of people complaining about the mammoth tanks? Did they release something saying that they will come with spinners or something?

I think its because the mammoth tanks are coming very very soon in patch 1.7.1: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-7-1-preview/
Also you now have a chance to win a demount kit so you dont have to waste 10 gold demounting equipment!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Honestly, 10g for equipment demounting is one of the better 'values' in WoT. The introduction of the 'free' demounting kit makes me think that eventually they'll increase the demounting cost to 50-100g per use.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

I think its because the mammoth tanks are coming very very soon in patch 1.7.1: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-7-1-preview/
Also you now have a chance to win a demount kit so you dont have to waste 10 gold demounting equipment!

Can't wait to see videos of the tree ones in action.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Honestly, 10g for equipment demounting is one of the better 'values' in WoT. The introduction of the 'free' demounting kit makes me think that eventually they'll increase the demounting cost to 50-100g per use.

Let's not say things we can't take back now. That's evil. Hell why stop there now camo, binocs, and camo now cost gold to move. Screw it! Let's get evil! :twisted:

Mesadoram posted:

Can't wait to see videos of the tree ones in action.

I'm not. But. Same. And if it is coming out before Frontline then we are in for a real treat. The Obj 705 II is going to eat people up. But if the tech tree has faster loading, aiming, and firing then poo poo is going to get scary. Double barrels have that hidden stat to knock out modules better and an ammo rack is a guaranteed max damage dealer.

It's gonna be hilarious.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

I'm not. But. Same. And if it is coming out before Frontline then we are in for a real treat. The Obj 705 II is going to eat people up. But if the tech tree has faster loading, aiming, and firing then poo poo is going to get scary. Double barrels have that hidden stat to knock out modules better and an ammo rack is a guaranteed max damage dealer.

It's gonna be hilarious.

:allears:

It is going to be Magical.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've got enough exp on the KV-3 to unlock the KV-4 which I don't want so I guess that'll be enough to get a doubletrouble?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nah. More likely it is to pollute the random reward box pool with more cheap trash loot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Fat Jesus posted:

I've got enough exp on the KV-3 to unlock the KV-4 which I don't want so I guess that'll be enough to get a doubletrouble?

Last I heard the unlock cost for the IS-2-II will be 51k xp, but the :negative: of it will be the module grind, since the IS-2-II starts with 2x 85mm. So maybe bank ~50k free xp and use gold to get the 100mm guns earlier rather than later.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

If there is a goon looking for a NA server referral link: https://worldoftanks.com/referral/eb7e78c1933d4605be30dec062091b86

Got room for 2 more if anyone wants. Hit me up on discord if you'd like to platoon.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
If anyone is interested in knowing, my EU account is up to 80 games played. I crossed above 50% overall win rate for the first time today. I'm getting clubbed. I forgot how bad the view range on a stock KV-1 is with a 75% crew. It's like 200m. I can't see tanks until they are physically touching me. It's the Helen Keller tank.

I'm currently on the KV-1s. I used my tier 6 token on the T-34-85 and put 4 of my Christmas crew in it, but haven't played it yet because I'm grinding everything from stock and will need to use my xp multipliers on it. I can't wait to have a good medium tank.

I bought 25 boxes to speed up the grind. I got a su-130 PM in my 2nd box. This is a huge boost for grinding credits. I spent gold to train the crew and took BIA as the first skill. That was probably a mistake but I'll live with it.

I've seen some of the worst players in the last few days. I saw a guy camping facing out of the map boarder. A few guys that couldn't use their mouse and wasd keys at the same time. And I had a close game that went to a 1v1. They detected each other both facing the wrong direction. Neither one of them moved their mouse to look around or used the minimap. They both sat there for 5 seconds facing the wrong way then drove off and the game ended in a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

2Jets posted:

A few guys that couldn't use their mouse and wasd keys at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I could play tanks with just a mouse - M1 to shoot, M2 to go forward, side buttons to turn tank. That's pretty much all you need if you've got only gold ammo loaded and premium consumables.