Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

i don't think anything could possibly make him angrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

He's so poor, he is able to hold all his money in his tiny hands at one time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

yes I'm sure rich fucks saying 'yes but trump isn't REALLY rich' sure hurt his core message

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Man, remember everyone spending a year getting excited for Mueller Time and then it being nothing at all? Imagine all the libs sobbing as they cover up their Mueller tattoos and hide their t-shirts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

She owns.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

tinstaach posted:

Paul Ryan. Just like, in general

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Man, remember everyone spending a year getting excited for Mueller Time and then it being nothing at all? Imagine all the libs sobbing as they cover up their Mueller tattoos and hide their t-shirts.

people running the Mueller, She Wrote podcast said they had to talk people down from killing themselves after the report came out

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
this wildly successful twitter account
https://twitter.com/DemAntisemitism/status/1208737547167252480

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

wow every single one in the chain is ratio'd

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
People thinking that kindly old man Jeremy Corbyn was going to do another holocaust

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dreylad posted:

people running the Mueller, She Wrote podcast said they had to talk people down from killing themselves after the report came out

lol

Mueller Time was basically Merry Fitzmas 2.0

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was absolutely in awe of Mueller's dumb Boomer brain having trouble expressing any thoughts to congress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/NickTimiraos/status/931584175420968961?s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol I vaguely remember that

what ended up being in the one page document she had? I mean besides nothing

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

lol even Don Jr was (reportably) telling friends he was expecting to get indicted and then.....nothing

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol I vaguely remember that

what ended up being in the one page document she had? I mean besides nothing

it was just one of trump's most benign tax returns, probably leaked by one of trump's people

https://observer.com/2017/03/rachel-maddow-blames-viewers-for-trump-2005-tax-return-flop/

quote:

So how did Maddow, whose stunt was mocked by mainstream media outlets like The Washington Post and Slate, respond to the bust? Did she apologize? Did she vow to do better?

Of course not. Because, you see, dear reader, it was not Maddow who was to blame for the episode. Nor was it the fault of her writers, producers or other staff. No: the real person to blame in all this is YOU, the viewer.

“Because I have information about the president doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily a scandal,” Maddow told the Associated Press. “It doesn’t mean that it’s damning information. If other people leapt to that conclusion without me indicating that it was, that hype is external to what we did.”

That’s right, we weren’t supposed to read anything exciting into Maddow’s tweet ahead of her show that said “BREAKING: We’ve got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC. (Seriously).”

lol rachel maddow has brainworms

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GWBBQ posted:

won't release his tax returns because he's hiding the fact that he's not actually a billionaire

tax returns show income and not wealth, though?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tunicate posted:

yes I'm sure rich fucks saying 'yes but trump isn't REALLY rich' sure hurt his core message

They pulled the punches too much and left it too subtle. They went with "he has mildly less business acumen than claimed" but needed "he has less business acumen than you, personally, hypothetical blue collar Trump supporter." Add some outright cruelty and it might have stuck.

But telling working class people that business men are not uniquely intelligent or talented is worse than Trump's presidency for the people with microphones.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

howard schultz

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Subjunctive posted:

tax returns show income and not wealth, though?

he would probably claim things that would indicate the value of his assets, but honestly I think him not publicly releasing his tax returns is just pleading the 5th. We already know the irs doesn’t take time to audit the wealthy. why willingly volunteer yourself to an audit as a money launderer

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

MD2020 posted:

lol

We wish you a Mueller Christmas
we wish you a Mueller Christmas
we wish you a Mueller Christmas
and impeachment next year

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
shirtless bob mueller in a children’s book

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

shirtless bob mueller in a children’s book

The poor krassenstein brothers being banned from Twitter

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ugato posted:

he would probably claim things that would indicate the value of his assets, but honestly I think him not publicly releasing his tax returns is just pleading the 5th. We already know the irs doesn’t take time to audit the wealthy. why willingly volunteer yourself to an audit as a money launderer

I figure it's because he's got a startlingly low net worth. That is, he carries a lot of debt to go along with his assets. He might even have a negative net worth on paper, at least as far as the IRS is concerned. Now, whether he really does have that, even if his taxes say so, is a separate thing since he definitely does all the shady poo poo that every other rich gently caress does to hide money.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm sure "Trump isn't elite, he's poor just like you; we're the real ultrawealthy out-of-touch elite!" would go real well for Democrats lmbo

Anyway:
When Nancy Pelosi said that all the real crimes were in the redacted sections of the Mueller report, and Jimmy Kimmel asked her if she's allowed to read it, and she said yes but she didn't want to.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
lol every time I remember Wisconsin voted for Ron Johnson instead of Russ loving Feingold

TWICE

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ugato posted:

i assumed it was crimes stuff he wanted to avoid public scrutiny about yeah

also probably a good portion of embarrassing things like foreign investment in construction projects in places like russia and china

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
His Baku tower still cracks me up every time I think about it

It screams corruption so hard

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Barack Obama put Joe Biden in charge of curing cancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZlZbo8VIg

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

razorrozar posted:

Barack Obama put Joe Biden in charge of curing cancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZlZbo8VIg

Cancer death is down 2.2%, which makes Biden sound good.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

MD2020 posted:

lol

if you want to really just expose yourself to that kind of liberal brain wavelength they quickly pivoted to a daily news show or some crap right after

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
lmao

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Beto's totally not pandering dual language answer and Booker's face. After which Booker did it himself like 5 minutes later.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

you can feel the pain through the screen

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

u thought the friendzone was bad, well buddy, you've never been in the internzone,

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
that's a meme extraordinaire all right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Imagine being his polisci professor