Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Homeless Friend posted:

a small button (pic of sunglasses) and if u press it the truth is revealed

It just empty quotes one of my posts at random

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
as soon as it's obvious that trump is going to win again on election night, make it so quotes no longer appear yellow

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

a small button (pic of sunglasses) and if u press it the truth is revealed
this is cool

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Plank Walker posted:

when you quote a post it formats it like this:

but

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Democracy dies in Dankness :sesh:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jZi7OmRsA

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Siljmonster posted:

It just empty quotes one of my posts at random

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
setup cspam so when you quote a post it chooses a random other post from another thread to quote without showing you

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the orange one was good. it hink it had jeb

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
ok i've been thinking about the suggested THEY LIVE sunglasses button. here's what it should do
  • change all posts to white text on black
  • change all ads to ones from they live that say like THIS IS YOUR GOD
  • greyscale all images on the page
  • mod avatars are replaced with the alien heads (normal posters stay the same)
  • reveal all spoiler text
  • don't replace all text on the page or anything that's lame because then you can't read any posts

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

kingcobweb posted:

ok i've been thinking about the suggested THEY LIVE sunglasses button. here's what it should do
  • don't replace all text on the page or anything that's lame because then you can't read any posts

Maybe it can enact a select list of word filters instead

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Considering recent events we should definitely have that "a source close to [poster] says" quote box

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Agean90 posted:

Considering recent events we should definitely have that "a source close to [poster] says" quote box

specifically i'd write it as "a source familiar with [poster]'s thinking says"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

make it look like The Drudge Report

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

make it look like an old soldier of fortune type magazine!

use a line quote style like this:

add the SA grenade to the last post like this:

then make avatars/gangtags/custom text look like advertisements for our usernames

can't you just see this as a forums post?

also do this

kingcobweb posted:

specifically i'd write it as "a source familiar with [poster]'s thinking says"

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Please do not change the CSS for CSPAM. Let's not go the way of YOSPOS and become a weird, insular community.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Maxwells Demon posted:

Please do not change the CSS for CSPAM. Let's not go the way of YOSPOS and become a weird, insular community.

buddy,

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Maxwells Demon posted:

Counterargument: Leave the default stylesheet as-is for cspam, but add a bunch of really cool and awesome stylesheets for people who want to browse in style~*

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

This, by the way, is why CSPAM can't choose your own moderators: They're casually homophobic.

Never mind that the entire site is riddled with Nazi apologists, there's accusations of "casual homophobia" that will never be substantiated.

Throw off your loving buttons, get purged while holding them, or end up just like them. Your choice.

any way this could be tiled in the background?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwells Demon posted:

ahaha

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let's make it look like texting on a cell phone

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

How would people with custom grenades fit with this idea? I don't want to lose out on my pentagram, and I doubt people with a hammer&sickle would be psyched about that either.

i dont know how people got the pentagram but its cool as hell and i want one

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maxwells Demon posted:

being a weird insular community is a badge of honor, but also I hope any stylesheet is a toggle just to make Jeffrey’s life as inconvenient as possible.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hi, I don't post in C-SPAM much, but I like to lurk several threads like capitalism.png and climate change and stuff like that.

I am old enough to have loved and read and posted in LF back in the old days, and while LF got weirder and weirder as it reached the end of its life, when it got a big loving dumb obnoxious stylesheet that was the moment I stopped reading it because it was actively displeasing to look at and navigate. I'd guess there are a lot of low-activity people like myself who enjoy reading forums with avatars and sigs turned off, a nice uniform wall of white and grey rectangles that you can have open at work and not have to worry about somebody asking you what the gently caress you're reading.

If folks are bound and determined to double down on making C-SPAM totally unwelcome to occasional readers, lurkers, or new users then please consider making the stylesheet optional.

So that's my dumb and unwelcome opinion.

e: yeah I don't think the horrendous and off-putting stylesheet did LF any favors in terms of "bringing it back to normal" vvvv

How are u has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Jan 14, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
lf's stylesheet was pushed onto it during the FORUMS CANCER era iirc

edit: it was ugly though, no argument there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
LF's style sheet was ugly BUT it directly led to me making a long-time RL friend because he recognized the stylesheet at a glance

I was working my first week at a new job directly after graduating, and one day one of my coworkers goes "hey so not that I make a habit of looking at your monitor but I was passing by and, are you reading LF"

I was like "yeah lmao" and we bonded over our lovely boss, then we started hanging out and became good friends

in conclusion stylesheet decisions are a land of contrasts~*

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Jan 16, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
having it be optional, with an on/off switch solves most of these problems, no?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the lf stylesheet was the best stylesheet ever and it cspam needs to revive it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

soft disagree

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

is that mayor pete?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

absolutely not

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
give everyone who posts in D&D forums cancer if we're bringing back lf gimmicks

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Anne Frank Funk posted:

is that mayor pete?

yes

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It should be tacky White House style and every post is a little separate resolute desk

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

zynga dot com posted:

absolutely do this

what if it had the forum subtitle on it?

sure, just do the text in the actual html so it will be centered, don't actually post a giant jpg image at the top of the page

also, if it's going to look like a newspaper header, it should have a third line of small text that says the date on the left side ("Tuesday, January 15th") and "69˘" on the right

and maybe also "Day Crew Edition" or "Nite Krew Edition," depending on what time it is

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I demand JEB!

jeb!

the positioning could use some work and the source image wasn't very high quality but it's late and css is :effort:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Jeb cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

should replace the dogs surround the top banner ads