Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mistaya posted:

I swear these little furballs just went from needing one hand to pick them up to two hands overnight. :psyduck:

It happens so drat quickly. That's one of the best parts of fostering kittens! The results of your hard work are so concrete and obvious!

Also, I'm going to be going through a lot of denim...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3rb4Ylgoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He's definitely still Butters 😊

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Chili posted:

It happens so drat quickly. That's one of the best parts of fostering kittens! The results of your hard work are so concrete and obvious!

Also, I'm going to be going through a lot of denim...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3rb4Ylgoc

You have a butterscotch sized heart and he's lucky to have found you.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

At least he's easy to pill! Even my food-obsessed one will stick up his nose at hidden meds unless it's powdered form mixed into wet foods.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Butters has so much to say!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Who knew Butters was a climber this whole time?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A goon in the Florida goons discord fosters kittens for their local shelter. This is their latest, and I love the little doof's expression.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

What a cute little tabby. :3:

So I took the kittens in this weekend so they could be shown to potential adopters and great news! Pumpkin's already got one lined up. Somehow I guessed he'd be the first, he's very confident and friendly (and orange.) He'll be going home with his family on Tuesday after his neuter. :D That said I expected to get everyone else back for another week but due to how the spay appointments ended up the shelter said I should just leave them since that way they can get shown again this week. I freaked out at first since I hadn't really said goodbye to the little fluffers but I did get to when I went back today to turn in all their supplies.

God they're cute, and I'll miss them, but I'm really glad for them and I can't wait to hear they've all gotten homes.

GOODBYE KITTENS!

My last picture from the house was of course, FOODS:

Oh I should probably mention that Latte was actually a girl all along, the cheeky little thing. I realized this when I found out she had exactly ONE orange toe/pink toebean out of all four paws. (Also she clearly didn't have bits when she got her flea bath.)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh man, congrats on your super-successful foster! :toot:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh man, I've been there. It's such an awesome victory when the shelter says "oh hey they're good to go and we got this!"

But, if you aren't expecting it it can't be very aauuuuughh I thought I had more tiiiime.

Well done, there's plenty more out there that need the same kind of excellent care!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Pictured, right to left:

:3: "Oh, I hope I get adopted"

:3: "Hey! Adopt me!"

:3: "I'm so lonely, someone please adopt me..."

:black101: I WILL DESTROY YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU CARE FOR

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Neophyte posted:

:black101: I WILL DESTROY YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU CARE FOR

At least one kitten is being honest.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

That is Cinnamon and my condolences to whoever gets Cinnamon. She's a shoulder riding menace who will get on top of and into literally anything. They had better be grateful I got chomped on enough times to teach her that toes are not for biting. :argh:

Chili posted:

Well done, there's plenty more out there that need the same kind of excellent care!

Thanks, really! I had a blast doing it and strongly encourage anyone on the fence to give fostering a try.

Soonest I'd be able to take another set is probably late December/January due to holiday travel shenanigans. Also my allergies were... miserable enough that I need a bit of a break. Ugh. I worked out a system after the first few days but I have never changed clothes so many times in a week.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 25, 2019

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret

mistaya posted:

What a cute little tabby. :3:

GOODBYE KITTENS!

Oh I should probably mention that Latte was actually a girl all along, the cheeky little thing. I realized this when I found out she had exactly ONE orange toe/pink toebean out of all four paws. (Also she clearly didn't have bits when she got her flea bath.)

From the angle, little Cinnamon looks like she's wearing a colorful little fleece shirt!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Think they're getting used to each other

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chili posted:

Think they're getting used to each other

Butters is the best cat and he's in his best home.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
I wondered if this thread of beautiful Butterscotch could give me any advice. We’re working on trying to get our cat’s weight down a bit on recommendation from our vet. At the last visit he was 6kg and they’d like to see him at 5.5kg (he big). We think we’re making progress but I’m struggling with the best way to weigh him and our other cat accurately?

We’re currently using the stand on human scale, then reweigh holding cat on human scale method. But I’ve heard this isn’t accurate or sensitive enough for kitties. It’s also throwing up some slightly wild results.

We don’t have any space to store a proper baby/pet scale but wondered how you did it for Butters?

Cat tax:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
For a bit there, he weighed enough that we could reliably track his weight with the method you described. But your biggie isn't quite as big as my biggie was.

As for method though we used the metabolic prescription diet and found great success with it.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
Thanks Chili! Perhaps it’s just time to invest in a new (more accurate) people scale and keep trying. In theory we’re doing all the right things so hopefully it’s working. But it’s definitely a “nip it in the bud” situation rather than a “fix your giant cat” situation.

Speaking of, I hope butters is doing a lot better and is super happy.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Can't you buy some baby scales and put a blanket / cardboard box / laptop on that. Cat will sit in / on it and you'll get the weight.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

How on earth do you get cats to take meds this easily? I have a kitty that except for meds is the best, gentlest, sweetest cat on the planet. But when it comes to meds she'll rip my face off to get away. She won't even eat her wet food if I dare to sprinkle probiotics on it. She's even super finicky with treats so those pill pockets don't work either. Seriously. Is it just Butters, or do you have some sort of medication hiding magic?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Wrap it up in meaty goo. That's all it takes for butters, anyway. The Jackson Galaxy pill masker is our go-to.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Chili posted:

Wrap it up in meaty goo. That's all it takes for butters, anyway. The Jackson Galaxy pill masker is our go-to.

Growing up, when the family Labrador needed pills we just dipped them in barbecue sauce and threw them at him. They never even hit the floor.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

So Bathsheba is getting adopted! We're a bit sad (my partner especially) because she's been getting really close with us, but we're glad she's getting a forever home.

Also, we managed to adopt her to a friend of mine. She (the friend) recently separated from her husband, and the husband got to keep their cat. I think she and Bathsheba will be good companions for each other. Also, we get to visit!

:smith: / :unsmith:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Today's a bad day. We've managed to save and include seven feral cats in our home. Our beloved peacemaker, Lucky, has a broken hip and I'm spending everything I have in hopes that he will be better. I want to see him walking again. I want to see him peaceful again.

The docs will do their thing in the morning but my heart and my family are gutted.

Just wish my fuzzy boy could be healthy again.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Chili posted:

Thanks. I picked up some of this and a couple other things to try. I also got some of those liquid and squeeze cat treats to put into dosing syringes to start teaching my problem cat to not hate dosing syringes anymore. We'll see how that goes

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hi folks.

i know i took a bit off.

chili i am loving furious for and with you because i would have most likely lost my goddamn composure.

Booger Presley posted:

Today's a bad day. We've managed to save and include seven feral cats in our home. Our beloved peacemaker, Lucky, has a broken hip and I'm spending everything I have in hopes that he will be better. I want to see him walking again. I want to see him peaceful again.

The docs will do their thing in the morning but my heart and my family are gutted.

Just wish my fuzzy boy could be healthy again.

feel better friend.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

hi folks.

i know i took a bit off.

chili i am loving furious for and with you because i would have most likely lost my goddamn composure.

feel better friend.

Welcome back, it's hardly a rescue thread without you!

No new projects I hope?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

Welcome back, it's hardly a rescue thread without you!

No new projects I hope?

so far no.

just the normal stock of 8

spose the new project is a baby on the way so im working on setting up a baby room and figuring out how to manage the animals.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

sneakyfrog posted:

so far no.

spose the new project is a baby on the way so im working on setting up a baby room and figuring out how to manage the animals.

Congrats on the new baby!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

sneakyfrog posted:

so far no.

Baby going to have so many friends.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kwyndig posted:

Baby going to have so many friends.

Hopefully it goes better than Baby Chili!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Hopefully it goes better than Baby Chili!

For real, we were at higher risk though. Both being allergic to cats lol.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Yeah neither of us have allergies so here is hoping.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
WHAT!?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ohhh sassy

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

The post/av energy was too strong. I had to actualise it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Lead out in cuffs posted:

The post/av energy was too strong. I had to actualise it.

Haha, that is very adorable, and appreciated. I love my ziggytar and will prolly change it back someday, but I'll definitely wear this as a badge of honor for a bit!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Chili posted:

Haha, that is very adorable, and appreciated. I love my ziggytar and will prolly change it back someday, but I'll definitely wear this as a badge of honor for a bit!

No worries!

Also it's a slow-cycle gif. Your ziggytar isn't gone! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Lead out in cuffs posted:

No worries!

Also it's a slow-cycle gif. Your ziggytar isn't gone! :shobon:

Oh hey! So it is!