Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They released a week apart. Just pay attention for crossovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

Rhyno posted:

They released a week apart. Just pay attention for crossovers.

So it doesnt really matter what I read when, as long as I keep crossovers in mind. Would you say it might be better to read #1 of each first, then #2 and so on?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's how we had to do it if you followed during release. Both series are great. Detective and whatever Finch's book was are bad bad bad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's also worth reading New 52 Batman Incorporated. A very significant thing happens there which hits all the other books, especially BnR.
It's actually the end of Grant Morrison's lengthy run on Batman comics across several series, so you'll see stuff you're not familiar with wrapping up, but mostly the N52 run is just additional fun Batman and Robin team-ups.

You might wanna go right back to the start of Morrison anyway to see where Damian came from.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 29, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OscarDiggs posted:

So it doesnt really matter what I read when, as long as I keep crossovers in mind. Would you say it might be better to read #1 of each first, then #2 and so on?

Reading this far past the original print date I'd probably just switch off every arc.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I was thinking of getting the Batman by Grant Morrison omnibuses. I already own the recent Final Crisis omnibus. Is there any repetition of material between the two?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just two issues.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh gently caress! Drakul Karfang from League of One! In JL Dark!

I love this crazy book. :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

To whoever loves Sandman, but has been sleeping on The Dreaming, here's the last page of today's issue:

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After swearing off Suicide Squad in its last incarnation, I came back for Tom Taylor and was glad I did. I'm calling Chaos Kitten as DC's next breakout hero, at least with cosplayers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Robot Wendigo posted:

After swearing off Suicide Squad in its last incarnation, I came back for Tom Taylor and was glad I did. I'm calling Chaos Kitten as DC's next breakout hero, at least with cosplayers.

I like her as well, although knowing Taylor I'm not sure what her life expectancy is. Especially on the Squad.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is Batman good again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Is Batman good again?

Was he evil???

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Was he evil???

Really inviting the hot takes to fly now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Something something beats up poor people

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It was pretty dull but I also am totally turned off by Tony S. Daniels so your mileage may vary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Daniel is the pits.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Talon was underrated, and Detective Comics by him was a fun team book.

Batman was... Fine?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I liked the little moment where Bruce phones in a task for Alfred and has to be reminded that Alfred isn't there any longer. I think Tynion is a lot better at character beats and the soapy stuff than long-game arcs and subplots, so I'm hoping he finds a nice balance here on the flagship title. Again, I think with a different artist-- one who was better at "acting" as it were-- a lot more of it would have landed with me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Daniel to me is an artist with plenty of technical skill, but just lacks personality beyond doing the house style pretty good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd like a Batman run to come along that didn't rely on narration boxes.

e: The epilogue was pretty much lifted out of the opening to The Dark Knight.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 8, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kings book looking good

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1215098481200766976

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Id be willing to read that as long as they keep Tom King away from Batman and Wally West.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd like a Batman run to come along that didn't rely on narration boxes.

e: The epilogue was pretty much lifted out of the opening to The Dark Knight.

The bank heist?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The bank heist?

Yeah. With the goons taking each other out.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yeah. With the goons taking each other out.

Another goon project ending in most of them dying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, Praxis???

Edit: Wanda Sykes fuckin rules.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 11, 2020

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, Praxis???

Edit: Wanda Sykes fuckin rules.

That cartoon is way better than I expected it to be. The cast is wonderful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I posted that in the wrong thread.

But anyways, look what I got yesterday!!!!

TO THE J'ONNZ-MOBILE

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has there ever been a comic that explains how certain heroes get their own automobiles? Like I know Batman gets his due to Waynecorp and being stupidly wealthy and he used to have Harold there to fix things up, but what about the other heroes who randomly got strangely toy ready cars/boats/planes/bikes/submarines.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
aunt mays car was bitten by a radioactive spider

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

Has there ever been a comic that explains how certain heroes get their own automobiles? Like I know Batman gets his due to Waynecorp and being stupidly wealthy and he used to have Harold there to fix things up, but what about the other heroes who randomly got strangely toy ready cars/boats/planes/bikes/submarines.

Johnny Storm built the Spider-Mobile for Peter, despite him never actually getting a driver's license.

I assume the Punisher bought his van with a fistful of bloody cash.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Madkal posted:

Ted kord used his money to buy parts to build and maintain the Bug.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mr Hootington posted:

Ted kord used his money to buy parts to build and maintain the Bug.

Yeah, don't become a tech hero unless you are a wealthy industrialist.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unfortunately Speed Buggy didn't stick around as the Flash's car (Porky Pig is still bartending at the end of Tom King's Batman, so I don't know why not!) but Snyder did use a Flashmobile to time travel in Justice League.

(This comic is insane, BTW)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 14, 2020

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I dislike Lobdell and Booth but having reverse speed buggy go "peeb peeb!" was a delightful stroke of genius.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 14, 2020

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think Tom King is taking credit for movie Joker looking in a mirror and forcing a smile.
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1216745019031375874

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Unfortunately Speed Buggy didn't stick around as the Flash's car (Porky Pig is still bartending at the end of Tom King's Batman, so I don't know why not!) but Snyder did use a Flashmobile to time travel in Justice League.

(This comic is insane, BTW)

Five inkers credited on that cover, always a good sign

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I get that Black Label is the adult readers imprint, but it's still really weird reading a DC book that has the n-word in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I get that Black Label is the adult readers imprint, but it's still really weird reading a DC book that has the n-word in it

Obligatory mention that Kitty Pryde of the X-Men said it twice