Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I got tired of my lovely Mini being lovely so I bought/financed this today, a boring 2016 base model Corolla.

Edited to add: It's actually the Sport trim level, whatever that means.

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 05:25 on Jan 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

TotalLossBrain posted:

I got tired of my lovely Mini being lovely so I bought/financed this today, a boring 2016 base model Corolla.

Edited to add: It's actually the Sport trim level, whatever that means.

What was so lovely about your mini? I’ve driven a couple of them, fun cars, but never owned one.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

beanieson posted:

What was so lovely about your mini? I’ve driven a couple of them, fun cars, but never owned one.

It's leaking coolant at a very alarming rate, the airbags don't work, the OBDII port doesn't work, all window glass is cracked or fogged over, the clutch has issues, there is collision damage from the PO, and a bunch of electrical issues.
It's a very fun car to drive, but I needed something with less problems

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's leaking coolant at a very alarming rate, the airbags don't work, the OBDII port doesn't work, all window glass is cracked or fogged over, the clutch has issues, there is collision damage from the PO, and a bunch of electrical issues.
It's a very fun car to drive, but I needed something with less problems

That does sound lovely. A Carolla will last you forever basically, but you should have held out for the 2020 GR Yaris :kiddo:

https://jalopnik.com/the-268-hp-2020-toyota-gr-yaris-is-the-wildest-rally-sp-1840924138

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

beanieson posted:

That does sound lovely. A Carolla will last you forever basically, but you should have held out for the 2020 GR Yaris :kiddo:

https://jalopnik.com/the-268-hp-2020-toyota-gr-yaris-is-the-wildest-rally-sp-1840924138

That looks amazing, would rinde.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I also have a 2016 Corolla LE. It is very cute and efficient and gets me to work.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Somebody on FB marketplace had these so now I have them. They’re put away for now until I build a new garage and have a real place to hang them up. They were coincidentally also manufactured on my 21st birthday

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Somebody on FB marketplace had these so now I have them. They’re put away for now until I build a new garage and have a real place to hang them up. They were coincidentally also manufactured on my 21st birthday

There appears to be a small person trying to steal your O

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's so ridiculous I love it.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Aramek posted:

I also have a 2016 Corolla LE. It is very cute and efficient and gets me to work.

My wife has a 2015 Corolla S that she commutes in. She averages 35+ mpg on the freeway, which is wonderful. Ideal commuter car.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

beanieson posted:

Does it double-duty as a vacuum cleaner?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Haha holy poo poo

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Haha holy poo poo

These letters were off the former Fairfield (now Ciocca) Honda in Muncy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saving them from being in Muncy anymore is truly a heroic act.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Op Shop Find, labelled 50c but I offered $5 because it's going to local farmers in fire effected areas.

Illustrated, leather bound, and looks like it's never been read, just immaculate condition. I've not read it myself so I'll be looking forward to it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's also free/public domain. Highly recommend this ebook version.

https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra/don-quixote/john-ormsby

Good donation though

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Megabound posted:

Op Shop Find, labelled 50c but I offered $5 because it's going to local farmers in fire effected areas.

Illustrated, leather bound, and looks like it's never been read, just immaculate condition. I've not read it myself so I'll be looking forward to it.
that looks rad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megabound posted:

Now I'm anxious you won't open the back properly before reading.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alexander the Great drachma:

Vespasian denarius:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

OniPanda posted:

I do embedded systems, so I'm well acquainted with the CAN bus :wink:

More wanting to know your methods and code

Here's a link to the github repo for the session slides, as well as example code in the main repo. Enjoy!

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Jan 12, 2020

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:stare: how much did they cost? (This is amazing)

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

HANDO

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

HO DNA

e: OH NADhastily hand-drawn S on the wall

Wifi Toilet has a new favorite as of 06:22 on Jan 13, 2020

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Wifi Toilet posted:

HO DNA

e: OH NADhastily hand-drawn S on the wall

Draw a G at the start and you’re in business.

Maybe see if a guy named Dan Oh is interested

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

H110Hawk posted:

:stare: how much did they cost? (This is amazing)

Got them for $360 for the whole set. I imagine they cost 10x that to buy new since they’re illuminated

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TheMadMilkman posted:

My wife has a 2015 Corolla S that she commutes in. She averages 35+ mpg on the freeway, which is wonderful. Ideal commuter car.

My 2008 Prius that I loving hate (that replaces my previous 2008 Prius that I loving loved but got rear ended and totaled) gets 48-49 mpg combined city and highway. Get on my level.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I was also looking at a 2012 Prius with 40k more miles on the clock than the 2016 Corolla, for the same price. I liked it, but the Corolla was probably a better choice given the circumstances. I drive less than 2500 miles/year, so fuel savings aren't significant.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Got them for $360 for the whole set. I imagine they cost 10x that to buy new since they’re illuminated

LED or Neon?

Fun fact, sign shops have about a 300% markup so 5 channel letters mounted and wired probably around $10k.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

JEEVES420 posted:

LED or Neon?

Fun fact, sign shops have about a 300% markup so 5 channel letters mounted and wired probably around $10k.

Seeing as they were made 18 years ago I am guessing neon. I imagined these were phenomenally expensive so I grabbed them up even though I don’t have a real spot for them yet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Decided it's time to have some bonds in my portfolio

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Decided it's time to have some bonds in my portfolio

I'm still on target date funds like a neanderthal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'd do that but I only want 20% international and 0% international bonds so I skip it

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Good thing I have life insurance.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What place serves the biscuits & gravy separately?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

What place serves the biscuits & gravy separately?

It's part of my breakfast, I added a side of gravy to my entrée. It is legit gravy, none of this roscoes crap.

If you order the biscuits and gravy it comes on top.

H110Hawk has a new favorite as of 16:16 on Jan 14, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ah, I should've figured they were ordered separately.

The gravy looks good, and I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. :unsmith:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That reminds me that I haven't had crawfish beignets in a while and need to get some. The place stuffs crawfish, green onions, and cheese into the donut thing and instead of sugar cover it with paprika and cayenne.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mu Zeta posted:

That reminds me that I haven't had crawfish beignets in a while and need to get some. The place stuffs crawfish, green onions, and cheese into the donut thing and instead of sugar cover it with paprika and cayenne.

Gonna need an address chief.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The only problem is that it's in a lovely neighborhood but the food is great

http://frenchsoulfood.com/home/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mu Zeta posted:

The only problem is that it's in a lovely neighborhood but the food is great

http://frenchsoulfood.com/home/

Lol you need to travel a bit more. Polk is just “bad” at worst.
However now I’m thinking about flying 1000 miles to visit a friend.... and go eat dinner.