Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Portuguese websites reporting that Fernandes to United is done and will be officially bolded today or tomorrow. Here’s hoping!

Hearing terms agreed with the player, just fee and whether anyone is going to go the other way to agree with Sporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bundy posted:

Hearing terms agreed with the player, just fee and whether anyone is going to go the other way to agree with Sporting.

Yep, a bunch of papers reporting the deal is expected to be finalised within the next few days. I swear to god if this falls apart because one of Woodward's billionaire bench warmers asks for too much money to go the other way in return I'm gonna take four shits and die.

E: oh hey speak of the devil

quote:

Sporting president Frederico Varandas asked for Marcos Rojo to be included in the deal for Bruno Fernandes, but his high wages (€5.2m per year) are an obstacle and one of the aspects of the deal that are yet to be defined

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 13, 2020

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Yep, a bunch of papers reporting the deal is expected to be finalised within the next few days. I swear to god if this falls apart because one of Woodward's billionaire bench warmers asks for too much money to go the other way in return I'm gonna take four shits and die.

E: oh hey speak of the devil

Rojo isn't going the other way.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...obox=1578910403

Rename the thread to "Everyone, get Inter!"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Hmmm

https://mobile.twitter.com/RickSpur

Ffs, protected tweet. Basically saying Gedson is in London about to sign for Spurs

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Hmmm

Ffs, protected tweet. Basically saying Gedson is in London about to sign for Spurs

I got you fam

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Apparently Suso is trying to leave Milan. He hasn’t been great this season, but we’d be really low on forwards if he leaves. And Rebic sucks.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

I got you fam

Cheers Brah

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/achtzehn99_en/status/1216766859132928005
lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

God drat that’s some quality shade throwing

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Hmmm

You're aware that Bruno Fernandes and Gedson Fernandes are not the same player, yes?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

TBB: The Basement Boys

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gedson is just the regen of Gelson Fernandes

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

You're aware that Bruno Fernandes and Gedson Fernandes are not the same player, yes?

I am.

What I was not aware of is that Utd were after Bruno Fernandes, not Gedson.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

haha drat

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

I am.

What I was not aware of is that Utd were after Bruno Fernandes, not Gedson.

lol I thought you were just sharing Spurs news :xd:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle breaking the bank by spending 50k to sign some 16 year old

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

newcastle breaking the bank by spending 50k to sign some 16 year old

Class

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I haven't seen any particularly well sourced reports on this, but there is chatter about an Aurier for Piatek swap deal, which would be good entertainment.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Bundy posted:

I got you fam

This one is a head scratcher, because he wasn't getting playing time at Benfica, what the hell is he gonna do at spurs?
He's versatile though, and will do a job everywhere in the midfield, though he performs best as a pure box-to-box/inside midfielder.
He's a Benfica Youth product so he has a decent chance at being good down the line, but he's not there yet.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

This one is a head scratcher, because he wasn't getting playing time at Benfica, what the hell is he gonna do at spurs?
He's versatile though, and will do a job everywhere in the midfield, though he performs best as a pure box-to-box/inside midfielder.
He's a Benfica Youth product so he has a decent chance at being good down the line, but he's not there yet.

Maybe they got him confused with Bruno too

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Ernesto Valverde to the unemployment line is a done deal

https://twitter.com/fcbarcelona/status/1216846220578230273?s=21

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Word is Woodward is arguing over £50m +£10m other payments (United offer) vs £64m as asked by Sporting.

Ed I will loving cut you...

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Woodward is just biding his time before he bids £70m and Sporting say "yeah sure".

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jfc lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao this owns

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

Word is Woodward is arguing over £50m +£10m other payments (United offer) vs £64m as asked by Sporting.

Ed I will loving cut you...

Is he good? I've never seen him play.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

I've seen him once, more ITK people than me are very encouraged by the prospect of signing Bruno. Me personally, it's a midfielder with 2 working legs so, upgrade!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brony Car posted:

He's been insanely good in Portugal and for Sporting. He's created a ton of opportunities and scored some extremely good goals, but there's some concern over his ability to do it in a better league than the Portuguese one because he won't have as much time or space in, say, England.

It's definitely something of a risk, but United have scouted him extensively and seem to think he's got what it takes. Then again, they very publicly backed off signing him in August because they didn't think he had what it takes so who the hell knows.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Then again, they very publicly backed off signing him in August because they didn't think he had what it takes so who the hell knows.

It's funnier than this, it was believed Mata/Lingard/Pogba would provide enough creativity while younger talent matured.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

He's been insanely good in Portugal and for Sporting. He's created a ton of opportunities and scored some extremely good goals, but there's some concern over his ability to do it in a better league than the Portuguese one because he won't have as much time or space in, say, England.

It's definitely something of a risk, but United have scouted him extensively and seem to think he's got what it takes. Then again, they very publicly backed off signing him in August because they didn't think he had what it takes so who the hell knows.

How many YouTube videos have you watched of him?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

How many YouTube videos have you watched of him?

None. I've talked to friends in Portugal who watch the portuguese league.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Peak Silly Season

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Terrible goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt has joined Genclerbirligi on a free transfer and I definitely know and care where that is.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sassassin posted:

Terrible goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt has joined Genclerbirligi on a free transfer and I definitely know and care where that is.

also in bad keeper news dejan iliev has been recalled, possibly to be 3rd choice ahead of matt macey

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

also in bad keeper news dejan iliev has been recalled, possibly to be 3rd choice ahead of matt macey

Already sent on loan to Poland.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bobby Digital posted:

Already sent on loan to Poland.

oh yah look at that

https://www.arsenal.com/news/dejan-iliev-joins-skf-sered-loan

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

Genclerbirligi

Lol come on

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Spurs did a thing.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1217371021122162688

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1217371461985427456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Good now Mendes can get his rear end up the M6 and get the Bruno transfer done.

*goes and posts FERNANDES DONE DEAL in United fan groups*

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 15, 2020