Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010
You don't need to deny that women have agency in order to scrutinize the beliefs, behaviors, and attitudes of the individuals they may be interested in. I know little-to-nothing about Braff but given how weird and gross older men are about young women, on first glance it doesn't look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In 2006 an episode of Scrubs has JD date Mandy Moore, a younger woman. All if his friends give him poo poo over it. She was 23.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://mobile.twitter.com/glinner/status/1215610131695751168?s=12

"Bisexuals are just attention seeking", but for the zoomer age.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

luxury handset posted:

the replies to that tweet getting hung up about three year age differences are extremely not getting the joke

in your mid twenties you start to have a glimmer of realization that "drat people in their early twenties are still children" and that just gets stronger over time

This is the truest thing I've seen related to this.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

She is an adult and can date who she likes. There might be an argument to be made that you shouldn't make the first move in that situation. But 23 year old's definitely have agency.

yeah, but, she's not the one people are pointing at as being a creepster

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

TinTower posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/glinner/status/1215610131695751168?s=12

"Bisexuals are just attention seeking", but for the zoomer age.

Not content to be the bane of every trans person, the eye of Glinner now turns to the rest of the LGBT community.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Hihohe posted:

Unless it's under the legal age limit or theres signs of grooming, y'all should just mind your own drat loveless lives.
Love to quote wildly varying legal age of consent as if it's a barometer of what's creepy or not

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jesus, that last panel is pretty much just a direct quote

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I wouldn’t date someone who is 23 not necessarily because that is a lot younger than me, but also because there is no way in hell that person is in the same developmental point in their life as I am and I cannot see how our lives would be congruent in any way other than superficial or physical.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hihohe posted:

Unless it's under the legal age limit or theres signs of grooming, y'all should just mind your own drat loveless lives.

But these two legal adults are in a relationship with an age gap!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
23 year olds are insufferable.

Zach Braff is pretty annoying too, so at least they have that in common.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Clerical Terrors posted:

Not content to be the bane of every trans person, the eye of Glinner now turns to the rest of the LGBT community.

He got dragged by a Disney+ parody account yesterday

https://twitter.com/getdisneyprime/status/1216557801117491205?s=21

https://twitter.com/getdisneyprime/status/1216541807984640000?s=21

https://twitter.com/getdisneyprime/status/1216552673723502592?s=21

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Krispy Wafer posted:

23 year olds are insufferable.

“Nobody likes you when you’re 23.” - blink182

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

A 21 year age gap speaks to a wide gulf in life experience between people. A 44 year old is, and should be, in a different place in his life than a 23 year old. If two people are dating with that big an age gap, then either:

1. They are somehow in the same place in their life despite their age difference and can make it work, or

2. The older individual is taking advantage of the younger, either through increased money, increased life experience, or increased influence, and it's an inherently imbalanced relationship, even if the younger is not aware of the power imbalance between them and believes they are making a free choice.

Option 1 is not impossible. It happens. Someone's unusually mature or unusually immature, and things can work, more power to them. But option 2 is much more common, and can also be a highly gendered situation as men typically hold more economic and social power than women their own age, much less women young enough to be their daughter. We're also in an era where having a significant amount of power over your spouse is considered inappropriate and weird, which I at least think is a good change. So yeah, it raises eyebrows, and for a good reason.

Also, no one should date twenty-year-olds other than other twenty-year-olds. Have you met one? Do you remember how dumb you were in your early twenties? Yikes.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

RoboRodent posted:

Have you met one? Do you remember how dumb you were in your early twenties? Yikes.

:emptyquote:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RoboRodent posted:

1. They are somehow in the same place in their life despite their age difference and can make it work, or

2. The older individual is taking advantage of the younger, either through increased money, increased life experience, or increased influence, and it's an inherently imbalanced relationship, even if the younger is not aware of the power imbalance between them and believes they are making a free choice.
twenties? Yikes.

A couple, uh, couples I know are in that situation and they've both been together for the better part of a decade so I'm honestly not quite sure where things shake out along those lines. Apparently it can work, but I just get a real :yikes: feeling every time I think about the dynamics where the guy has children the same age or older than the woman he's marrying.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RoboRodent posted:

A 21 year age gap speaks to a wide gulf in life experience between people. A 44 year old is, and should be, in a different place in his life than a 23 year old. If two people are dating with that big an age gap, then either:

Option 1 is not impossible. It happens. Someone's unusually mature or unusually immature, and things can work, more power to them. But option 2 is much more common, and can also be a highly gendered situation as men typically hold more economic and social power than women their own age, much less women young enough to be their daughter. We're also in an era where having a significant amount of power over your spouse is considered inappropriate and weird, which I at least think is a good change. So yeah, it raises eyebrows, and for a good reason.

Also, no one should date twenty-year-olds other than other twenty-year-olds. Have you met one? Do you remember how dumb you were in your early twenties? Yikes.

Whilst I can appreciate this, most marriages are between people no more than 6 years apart and divorce is at an all time high. Ergo, the larger the difference in age the more likely the relationship will last

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Whilst I can appreciate this, most marriages are between people no more than 6 years apart and divorce is at an all time high. Ergo, the larger the difference in age the more likely the relationship will last

What are you comparing to? Marriages of antiquity, where divorce was hard or impossible to get? Do you think it's easier or harder to get a divorce if your spouse is wealthier and more influential than you are?

Edit: Actually, full confession, I'm in a class right now (Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature, if you're curious) and I probably should not let academic debate filter onto Something Awful. This is probably not the right place for this. Sorry.

RoboRodent has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Jan 14, 2020

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress me lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RoboRodent posted:

What are you comparing to? Marriages of antiquity, where divorce was hard or impossible to get? Do you think it's easier or harder to get a divorce if your spouse is wealthier and more influential than you are?

More like oldusernameawareless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I wouldn't even want to meet 23-year-old me

I wouldn't want to meet me today either but still

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

More like oldusernameawareless

oh poo poo i'm dumb

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/status/1216779905326694400?s=20

In case she deletes it although I doubt she will because she revels in being a piece of human poo poo

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I read through the whole thing, and a) he's flat-out lying here (every trans person he identifies, he either calls a "fraud" or a "con man"), b) he consistently misgenders trans women, and c) he admits to being a lovely comedy writer who literally can't write jokes if trans people are part of the new normal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't even get what she's trying to say with those pics. It's just two married people standing next to each other at events.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

In case she deletes it although I doubt she will because she revels in being a piece of human poo poo

Emasculation caused by wearing different clothes and standing next to a woman.

:thunk:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Suits are so emasculating. You're no man unless you wear camo all the time.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Jollity Farm posted:

Emasculation is caused by close contact with women's microfauna. It's highly contagious.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
It's very damaging to traditional masculinity to *checks notes* marry a woman

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
True manly men never ever get within 5 feet of a woman. It’s 365/24/7 dudes for real men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amoeba102 posted:

Suits are so emasculating. You're no man unless you wear camo all the time.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Jollity Farm posted:

youre not a real man unless you gently caress and are hosed by other men. loving women is gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFtnIIWN1s

TinTower posted:

People are upset a TV show said "maybe climate change bad?"

https://twitter.com/CYPNX1/status/1216463335232823296

i wish greta was an eco warrior. when are you spiking logging trees greta!? rib kid is an eco warrior he murdered an oil ceo

snergle has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Jan 14, 2020

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's very damaging to traditional masculinity to *checks notes* marry a woman

I always wonder about this "traditional masculinity" - its proponents say that it's the key to a healthy and stable society, but they also say that it's destroyed very easily, by marrying an insufficiently feminine woman, or by wearing the wrong clothes, or by a thousand other things that might strike at any time. Doesn't seem to me that it's up to the challenge of providing the essential bedrock of our society if the wrong colour tie can knock it off course.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

"Man joins Army, fights in war, survives and is lauded as a noble hero, falls in love with glamorous and attractive woman, marries and starts a family"

What is this postmodern Cultural Marxist filth? Where are all our traditional narratives of successful Alpha males?

Seriously, what planet do these people live on?

I know the answer is racism :ssh:

Edit:

Jollity Farm posted:

I always wonder about this "traditional masculinity" - its proponents say that it's the key to a healthy and stable society, but they also say that it's destroyed very easily, by marrying an insufficiently feminine woman, or by wearing the wrong clothes, or by a thousand other things that might strike at any time. Doesn't seem to me that it's up to the challenge of providing the essential bedrock of our society if the wrong colour tie can knock it off course.

Exactly. Same goes for 'national identity' or 'culture'. You can cause gammon-brains to melt by saying "If the Great British National Identity can be threatened by a 3% rise in foreign cider sales, then it's clearly not a very strong or worthwhile identity, is it?"

BalloonFish has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Jan 14, 2020

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

look at this fuckin nerd

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

JT Smiley posted:

I don't even get what she's trying to say with those pics. It's just two married people standing next to each other at events.
He's so effeminate now that he isn't killing foreigners.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Guess how this idiot posting on this goes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DewaynePerkins/status/1216911887910092800

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Inceltown posted:

Guess how this idiot posting on this goes.

Ah yes, grimsby, the number one terrorist target in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The lack of bullet trains is all that stands between the roiling hellslime of Terrorist London and utter devastation for the rest of Merrie England