Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

don't get me started on insurance. I still haven't seen a loving cent from my car wreck in December. American Family is so loving fired after I get this check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just wanted my dear friends to know I had a very good birthday because my partner was able to come see me and is also staying tomorrow. Best present ever. :) All of the well wishes from you all warmed my heart as well. Thank you all so much.

That's awesome Foochs! Happy belated birthday.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have homeowners insurance which apparently doesn't cover squirrel damage because that's considered "maintenance"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

sighing as i draw my squirrelgun

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spikegal posted:

Man this headline pissed me off. Like no poo poo - ya'll made heathcare too unaffordable. Like I have some major dental issues that for all I know will lead to heart failure but I can't afford to pay for Dental Insurance which is for some reason separate from health insurance

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1216751821252898816

Have you looked into student dentistry? I had 5 wisdom teeth removed by a student and although it hurt like poo poo, it hurt a lot less than the 3,000 dollars i was quoted as someone who has no health insurance whatsoever and can't afford obamacare.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
capitalism is working perfectly and it sucks rear end

oh but seriously I posted:

sighing as i draw my squirrelgun
i lol'd

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Spikegal posted:

Man this headline pissed me off. Like no poo poo - ya'll made heathcare too unaffordable. Like I have some major dental issues that for all I know will lead to heart failure but I can't afford to pay for Dental Insurance which is for some reason separate from health insurance

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1216751821252898816

There was a pretty amazing tweet quoted in Succ Zone the other day, of a woman who said she used to argue with her boyfriend about health insurance (he wanted M4A, she thought private health insurance was good).

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1214627474019094528

As a bonus, check her reply to her own tweet underneath!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

people that think private health insurance is good are people that never took their kids to the dentist.

and they just jacked my rates. again.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also twitter's amazing format means you read the middle part first, then the bottom part, then the top. And then if you click her post, you'll be able to see her own reply to herself. Thank you for being so easy to use, Twitter! :stoked:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I made turkey soup out my leftover carcass and hooooooly poo poo did I nail it. I need to buy a bigger stock pot, 'cause every time I make soup that's supposed to make a week's worth of leftovers it's gone in a day.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I didn’t even notice that the Sandman got snubbed, what a strange world Oscar voters live in

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he did a western that was insanely racist, even by Western movie standards, so I'm good with never having to deal with Adam Sandler ever again.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i didn’t know sandler did bone tomahawk

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

i didn’t know sandler did bone tomahawk

Water Melon Gun, thank you

#DefendSandMan

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Should I buy Amid Evil or Ion Fury with my expiring humble bumble credit?

Has anyone ever played either of those, probably not.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
amid evil kicks insane amounts of rear end and ion fury was made by transphobes. you know what must be done

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Ion Fury was made by transphobes so go with the other one.

EDIT: Beaten

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m gonna play amid evil RIGHT loving NOW

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Spiderdrake posted:

Should I buy Amid Evil or Ion Fury with my expiring humble bumble credit?

Has anyone ever played either of those, probably not.

Amid Evil looks like tons of fun from their GDQ run... and beaten.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Amid Evil is excellent and will impress, your first weapon is a GIANT FUCKOFF AXE your second is HOMING FIREBALLS STAFF

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Y'all have you ever had a game that you love everything about except for actually playing them? I've had this painful itch for the last few weeks (and on a larger scale my entire life) to play Mega Man/X games because I adore the aesthetics and the music and I love watching people play it on stream or speedrun it but holy poo poo I do not enjoy playing any of those games. They're just so hard, I'm incredibly bad at them!!!!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PunkBoy posted:

Ion Fury was made by transphobes so go with the other one.

WatermelonGun posted:

amid evil kicks insane amounts of rear end and ion fury was made by transphobes. you know what must be done
Thank you for making my decision wonderfully easy goon-bless both of you

And everyone else

I just finished beating Heretic anyway (why yes I will waste my two grand new PC, hurray!)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

megaman was a reoccuring source of childhood trauma for lots of kids.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
megaman games i have actually beaten:
-X
-like three of the deck building wreck it ralph ones lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've got a hot video game take:

Shovel Knight > Hollow Knight

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NienNunb posted:

Y'all have you ever had a game that you love everything about except for actually playing them?

Eve Online. I love reading about the big stories there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I loved my Eve Online missile boats but goddamn everything in that game is like 8 hours of loving off in chat or playing another game and 20 minutes of actually doing the thing.

I also slapped a cloaking device on a hauler and raided jetcan mining operations in NPC space. That took two weeks of skill training for absolutely zero return other than pissing myself with screeching nerd laughter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

I've got a hot video game take:

Shovel Knight > Hollow Knight

I have never played Shovel Knight but in spite of this I now have to devote my life to tracking you down and beating your rear end. I'm sorry it has come to this, I'm so sorry :smith:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I have never played Shovel Knight but in spite of this I now have to devote my life to tracking you down and beating your rear end. I'm sorry it has come to this, I'm so sorry :smith:
How have you never played Shovel Knight? You're literally watching a Lana segment instead of playing Shovel Knight.

What is wrong with you?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EVE Online sucked for 99% of the time you played it, but when a battle happened it was fun.

That said, it also had lots of weirdos doing gross stuff (even those in the Goon group) all in the name of "protecting their internet spaceship pixels."

I say this as an ex-EVE nerd who somehow conned CCP into giving me a free subscription that has yet to expire (how or why I don't know, but they gave me a year sub like 3 years ago and its still valid/working despite me haven't not logged in for 3 years) and also winding up on Kotaku because of a YouTube video I made.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I would give anything to play any of the four campaigns for the first time again, now is your time to experience the best value in indie gaming.

King Knight Best Knight

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i played through mm1-6 on stream a year or two ago. they're not that bad. just play them some more and you'll get better :)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shovel knight is probably the best NES style gameplay game released in modern times. although it does have a ton of dressing ontop of that so maybe that isn't fair. NES games are insanely simple compared to everything after that. i can't describe nes style gameplay adequately on here but you know it when you see it. it just isn't like super nintendo, even the same types of games. it's NES gameplay. i don't consider hollow knight to be that. it's post-nes gameplay. Bye

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jerusalem posted:

I demand that you buy Shovel Knight Treasure Trove on your gaming device of choice

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Shovel Knight is big scoops of fun but I liked Hollow Knight's setting and lore better :shrug:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

shovel knight is probably the best NES style gameplay game released in modern times. although it does have a ton of dressing ontop of that so maybe that isn't fair. NES games are insanely simple compared to everything after that. i can't describe nes style gameplay adequately on here but you know it when you see it. it just isn't like super nintendo, even the same types of games. it's NES gameplay. i don't consider hollow knight to be that. it's post-nes gameplay. Bye

Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight are both in the same genre of games that have the word Knight in their titles. Knights Of The Old Republic 1 & 2 are in this genre, Knights of Honor, NiGHTS Into Dreams almost makes it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

How have you never played Shovel Knight?

I have so many games in my backlog already, plus I've got more Sopranos stuff to write about, plus plus a big project I'm working on in real life, plus plus plus Silksong will be out sometime this year and you can be drat sure I'll be playing that as soon as I can.

Spiderdrake posted:

What is wrong with you?

Not enough episodes of Doctor Who each year.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shovel knight is way better than hollow knight

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is the most fun I've had in a Mega Man type game since the Zero series on GBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

play castle in the darkness. it's hard and just ignore the meme references and poo poo. That stuff doesn't matter.