Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Otacon posted:

I don't play PS4 but here's a Reddit suggestion: Host should clear cache before doing the heist. Host should be on sub team, and Player 2 should fly the Avenger.

When host has boarded the Avenger, deposit cash picked up from bodies through the MazeBank cellphone app. If you didn't get any cash, make a withdrawl through the cellphone app, and then deposit it again. Pull internet cable after orange Saving icon disappears as normal.

Since PS4/Xbox still have Bad Sport lobbies, I'd recommend having Player 2 "Commend" the host early on in each run, through the Pause->Player menu.

awesome, thanks!

Phweengee posted:

Is there a risk of getting bad sport for killing the game repeatedly after running the Bogdan Problem a few times?

in addition to the 'commend' suggestion, I've heard that clearing the cache between runs can help prevent detection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What do you even loving get for blowing up someone's vehicle cargo while they're delivering it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Satisfaction. And I think a small amount of cash.

Mostly just spite though.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

What do you even loving get for blowing up someone's vehicle cargo while they're delivering it.

its a bit of a challenge to actually steal them and deliver/store them. Destroying is just because they can.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A video game isn't making me insanely mad! I'm fine, this pillow needed screaming into, that wall is specifically for punching,

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

A video game isn't making me insanely mad! I'm fine, this pillow needed screaming into, that wall is specifically for punching,

dont get mad, get even! that rear end in a top hat taught you something, go inflict it on someone else!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

If it's Special Cargo specifically (crate warehouses), it can't be stolen and you get $2000 for destroying it. No one does that for the money.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i feep bad blowing crates so i dont unless the username is begging for it

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

FuturePastNow posted:

If it's Special Cargo specifically (crate warehouses), it can't be stolen and you get $2000 for destroying it. No one does that for the money.

I'm sitting at 29±10k but I can call a buzzard for free still, so the money doesn't hurt.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sleekly posted:

dont get mad, get even! that rear end in a top hat taught you something, go inflict it on someone else!

Oh I get motherfuckers unless they're on a mother loving flying motorcycle, everything is cancelled until I get a loving flying motorcycle

E and thank you all for the info, you've made getting back into this game a little bit smoother and more fun

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 14, 2020

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i almost quit when i saw how much the drat bike was. and again when i saw gow much the terrorbyte to go with it is buuuuut miney well spent lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh I get motherfuckers unless they're on a mother loving flying motorcycle, everything is cancelled until I get a loving flying motorcycle

E and thank you all for the info, you've made getting back into this game a little bit smoother and more fun

fuckers on troll bikes are almost universally poo poo at using them. they can only lock onto a vehicle, if one is on you jump out of the car. your auto aim still works and now theirs doesn't. they can still rocket spam you but itll buy you time to send some poo poo their way.

if u have explosive rounds then perfect. an unguided rpg will work better than a guided rpg against them too. they'll 99% line up for a strafing run on you and u can blow their fuckin brains out, followed by their big dumb bikes.

'useless troll left session'

edit: if its the oppressor mk 1 just run lol. those guys are good

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 14, 2020

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Killing just for the sake of killing and griefing? Sure

Was doing a business battle(steal the ramp buggy and drive it home) and was almost back to the club with it. Oppressor flys up, rocket rocket rocket rocket(just to make sure i geuss) killing me but leaving the buggy on the street, still beaconing TAKE ME HOME, dude just up n flys off to find someone else

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Medullah posted:

Go into a public lobby and turn on voice chat. It will wipe away any feelings you may have of GTA players being intelligent

When I'm bored and solo, I'll find people who clearly have VC on and don't realize it. And then I'll annoy them until I get an audible rise out of them.

Fun when it's some dude on a couch and you hear the person beside them ask why some dude in a racoon mask keeps dunking on them.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I really miss the game when it first came out with the map wide Simeon high priority cars people would fight over.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

BitBasher posted:

I really miss the game when it first came out with the map wide Simeon high priority cars people would fight over.

:this:

Those were the best; and inevitably when the vehicle would get disabled you would just blow it up and run. Mmmmm good times :allears:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
It’s me, I’m the one who still checks out the Simeon list and finds the most expensive one to respray with charcoal classic paint and return in a full lobby :)

I’ve had a lot of luck fighting oppressor mk 2’s in insurgents and nightsharks lately by tossing out sticky bombs and blowing them up a second later while hauling rear end. People seem to love to tailgate after the 10th rocket lol. I forgot how big the blast radius in those things is.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The Insurgent is still the vehicle I pull the most in general. I'm usually playing with someone else so I have a gunner and usually that means Oppressors aren't a problem. They take so long to blow up an Insurgent that you have plenty of time to just shoot them.

Also funny is the MOC, especially if you have a couple of gunners. It takes them basically every rocket they have to blow up the trailer and it's really funny (if a bit difficult) to plunk an oppressor dipshit in the face with the mounted grenade launcher as they fly low and slow enough to hit a tractor trailer.

The best way to deal with them has already been mentioned: simply exit your vehicle and shoot them. Once they can't lock onto you they usually don't know what to do.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FFT posted:

It was uploaded April 2015 so I guess temper your expectations based on that

huh, apparently mininova didn't shut down till 2017, for some reason i thought they died way before that

e: but they went 100% legal in 2010 so that's even weirder, what the hell?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I used to hang out on the mid-level of the under-costruction skyscraper sniping people. I was pretty easy to avoid if someone didn't want to get shot, but some people kept coming back and some of them got screaming mad. I could see both city helipads and pop people trying to get their Hydras. The rage in chat, both text and voice, was the point.

But eventually it got to the point where I'd estimate 20%-25% of PC GTAO players had mod menus, and simple griefing became untenable as they'd all just turn on god mode, and eventually they gained the ability to crash other people's games. And then Rockstar took two of the things modders used mod menus to do- explosive ammo and flying rocket cars with missile spam- and monetized them for legit players. Now the arcade has a drone with unlimited range and the type of griefing I used to do 3-4 years ago is simply impossible.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Shere posted:

The Insurgent is still the vehicle I pull the most in general. I'm usually playing with someone else so I have a gunner and usually that means Oppressors aren't a problem. They take so long to blow up an Insurgent that you have plenty of time to just shoot them.

Also funny is the MOC, especially if you have a couple of gunners. It takes them basically every rocket they have to blow up the trailer and it's really funny (if a bit difficult) to plunk an oppressor dipshit in the face with the mounted grenade launcher as they fly low and slow enough to hit a tractor trailer.

The best way to deal with them has already been mentioned: simply exit your vehicle and shoot them. Once they can't lock onto you they usually don't know what to do.

my buddy oddhair reminded me that shooting flares out the window of your vehicle is a great way to get oppressors to dump all their missiles, too

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

coupedeville posted:

:this:

Those were the best; and inevitably when the vehicle would get disabled you would just blow it up and run. Mmmmm good times :allears:

I used to pull it in to LSC to respray it, and while there before I drove out I would check the map to see if someone was camping at the the LSC to put a cap in me during the animation to pull out. If they were I would put an ignition bomb in it. I couldn't stop them from killing me but I could sure piss them off over it. :v:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
It's funny how this game works.
You sit down to play with one idea in your head, like, "tonight I'm going to sell off those Top range cars sitting in my warehouse".
Then a fucker on an Oppressor destroys the first car you try to turn in and you spend the rest of the night hunting him down until he rage quits.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Dogeh posted:

It's funny how this game works.
You sit down to play with one idea in your head, like, "tonight I'm going to sell off those Top range cars sitting in my warehouse".
Then a fucker on an Oppressor destroys the first car you try to turn in and you spend the rest of the night hunting him down until he rage quits.

It truly is an exquisite griefing simulator. :q:

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

Inspector Hound I'm very sorry for dropping a helicopter on you last night and then murdering you after your swim. I did get $15k for it though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

GTA Online: I did get $15k for it though

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Steves Asleep posted:

Inspector Hound I'm very sorry for dropping a helicopter on you last night and then murdering you after your swim. I did get $15k for it though.

Lol no it was actually like the most fun helicopter duel I've had in ages, I think I had to jump off right after but add me if you haven't, "Inspect0r_Hound"

E and for the peanut gallery, after he murdered my helicopter I tried to desperately swim underwater all the way to shore, where he immediately annihilated me. I thought I was being cagey but I guess not haha

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 16, 2020

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i think there is a free sub (not as cool as u are thinking) on warstock.
or the stromboli or whatever its called...the underwater sports car thingy

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

The kraken is the 1-man submarine that Trevor uses in single player; the Stromberg is the underwater car :eng101:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm kinda tempted to buy the not-corsa given I drive one IRL.

But I already own a weebed out futo so I dunno if there's much point.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Sleekly posted:

i think there is a free sub (not as cool as u are thinking) on warstock.
or the stromboli or whatever its called...the underwater sports car thingy

the Stromberg, I think

Great for trolling griefers.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What's the not Honda Civic, the kuruma maybe?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

What's the not Honda Civic, the kuruma maybe?

Depends what age, I'm more familiar with them as like the early 2000's hatchback model which looks basically like a ford focus.

In fact that's kind of a general problem with the civic is that whatever form it's in, it looks like everything else. Which means the GTA approach of knocking off several designs would make it really hard to spot.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 17, 2020

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Surprised none of y'all have mentioned the fact that the classic Impreza is out!

They even nailed the distinctive Subaru boxer growl :allears:

e: Also if you want Civics, there's the as yet unreleased Kanjo and Sugoi.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 17, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Depends what age, I'm more familiar with them as like the early 2000's hatchback model which looks basically like a ford focus.

In fact that's kind of a general problem with the civic is that whatever form it's in, it looks like everything else. Which means the GTA approach of knocking off several designs would make it really hard to spot.

Or you just go for the regular Blista which is a Civic/Golf hybrid. Notably not for sale, but if you hijack one off the street and buy insurance on it it's as good as bought.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

T1g4h posted:

Surprised none of y'all have mentioned the fact that the classic Impreza is out!

They even nailed the distinctive Subaru boxer growl :allears:

e: Also if you want Civics, there's the as yet unreleased Kanjo and Sugoi.

Haha oh man that is the Civic hatchback, two different generations even

E i was about to console the blista above for coming in second but I see the kanjo is ablista, and that kanjo just looks exactly like the tuner cars in my high school parking lot

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Finally unlocked the Zebra livery for Mk 2 weapons and yeah

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FFT posted:

Finally unlocked the Zebra livery for Mk 2 weapons and yeah

drat did they add more business attire, time for grand theft auto barbie hell yes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

drat did they add more business attire, time for grand theft auto barbie hell yes

It's been a little while. The outer bits are from the "Fitted Suit" Pants and Jackets sections.

I can't tell you exactly how to get a tie to properly work with it because the combinations are basically magic and eventually you might get it to function as intended with the jacket/shirt/tie combination

only once did i successfully get a vest to work in the mix and it's never worked again

stringless fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
My character still uses the default suit because I think its the only way to get that combo with a tucked in shirt or some weird poo poo like that. Maybe it was the tie.