Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Anyone but GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I can see so various things to root for. Titans winning is definitely funniest because I have a feeling that the Mike Vrabel eunuch joke well will spring eternal. Green Bay winning and then the Cowboys being terrible next year would probably be the second funniest thing. Either of the two good young QBs winning a super bowl doesn't really have anything funny to offer.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I bet Vrabel's dick is already on a necklace around a witch's neck

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
niners because i want jimmy to give me a cream pie

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

K8.0 posted:

I can see so various things to root for. Titans winning is definitely funniest because I have a feeling that the Mike Vrabel eunuch joke well will spring eternal. Green Bay winning and then the Cowboys being terrible next year would probably be the second funniest thing. Either of the two good young QBs winning a super bowl doesn't really have anything funny to offer.

if this whole saga doesn't end with mike vrabel disrobing at his own press conference to convince a skeptical press corps that his penis is still attached, it will be a failure in my eyes

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Play posted:

if this whole saga doesn't end with mike vrabel disrobing at his own press conference to convince a skeptical press corps that his penis is still attached, it will be a failure in my eyes

I’m imagining this being like the scene in Boogie Nights when Dirk Diggler unveils his magic penis.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They gonna get beat, pay Henry and Tannehill anyway then revert to the 9-7 Titans that politely lose every other year in the wildcard that we all know so well.

The Viking Way

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chiefs all day baby Mahomes is god

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Play posted:

If he does this, it will only be proof that he once had two penises.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

K8.0 posted:

If he does this, it will only be proof that he once had two penises.

I was more thinking a badly-crafted paper-mache prosthetic which raises more questions than it answers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Randaconda posted:

1)Chiefs
2)Niners
3)Packers

Same. But don't tell the my work wife. She's a Niners fan and might work divorce me.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The Viking Way

That post came from a place of hurt. I was severely owned at the time and not thinking clearly.
I regret nothing. gently caress a Tit, Go Chiefs

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 14, 2020

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I want the Chiefs to win bc they haven't won in double plus the amount of years the Titans have existed. OTOH, the 9ers getting a sixth cheapens the fact the Pats caught my beloved Steelers.

Actually, gently caress it, I'm good with all of the remaining teams, as none of them have Tom Brady

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Actually, gently caress it, I'm good with all of the remaining teams, as none of them have Tom Brady

Truly we're all blessed this day and the only correct response.

Outside of the packers (2010) none of these teams have won a superbowl in the last 25 years which is another thing to be thankful for!

e: I was looking up some random Titans Facts (tm) and I don't remember eddie george being this bad but a _career_ 3.7 YPA rushing average!!!

adaz fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 14, 2020

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
'bout to see if Trevor Lawrence ascends to godhood or not

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Niners winning diminishes the Pats and Steelers, plus Sherman getting another ring would be great.

Chiefs getting Reid a ring would own. Plus Mahomes is awesome.

Titans winning as the 6th seed would be fun, plus Henry owns.

Rogers getting another ring would be cool but gently caress the Packers

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

adaz posted:

Truly we're all blessed this day and the only correct response.

Outside of the packers (2010) none of these teams have won a superbowl in the last 25 years which is another thing to be thankful for!

e: I was looking up some random Titans Facts (tm) and I don't remember eddie george being this bad but a _career_ 3.7 YPA rushing average!!!

Pack have won twice in the last 25 years

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Papercut posted:

Rogers getting another ring would be cool but gently caress the Packers

If it’s any comfort to the Packers haters it’s entirely possible if they win Rodgers would consider retirement.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BGrifter posted:

If it’s any comfort to the Packers haters it’s entirely possible if they win Rodgers would consider retirement.

And deny me 6 more years of him limping around the backfield getting clobbered as his flaws exponentially grow? No thanks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Chichevache posted:

And deny me 6 more years of him limping around the backfield getting clobbered as his flaws exponentially grow? No thanks.

I think you mean a couple years of mentoring the next HoF quarterback the Green Bay Packers will draft. :colbert:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Packers
4. 49ers

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone but the Packers because that will piss off the type of fans in the league who are the reason for the commentators doing the JJ Watt/Clay Matthews/Brian Urlacher knob slobbering

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eddie George sucked don't @ me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Eddie George sucked don't @ me

He was good when healthy!

The joke being I think he was healthy for like 2 games total in his career.

e: oh you probably meant to post this in the GDT? Was wondering where Eddie George chat came from.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Eddie George rules as a football player and as a dancer

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Eddie George rules as a football player and as a dancer

And a Shakespearean actor.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

'bout to see if Trevor Lawrence ascends to godhood or not

He ascended the ball about 10 yards over his receivers every third throw

Man was he off.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Keith Atherton posted:

Anyone but the Packers because that will piss off the type of fans in the league who are the reason for the commentators doing the JJ Watt/Clay Matthews/Brian Urlacher knob slobbering

Uhhh those sorts are all rooting for the Niners and love Bosa. He’s the MAGAchud dreamboat.

Any of the other three teams would be cool though!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
1) Niners
2) Titans
3) Chiefs
4) Packers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is the correct answer by the way

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

He ascended the ball about 10 yards over his receivers every third throw

Man was he off.

Only playing 2 games in 6 weeks tends to do that. See e.g., Lamar.

That said, the quality of play last night was surprisingly good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

1) Titans
2) Chiefs
3) Packers
4) 49ers

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

1)Chiefs without Tyreek Hill
2)Anybody
3)Anybody
4)Anybody
5)Chiefs with Tyreek Hill

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Does Derek Henry purposefully wear a jersey that's too short? Is that the secret to his success?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Does Derek Henry purposefully wear a jersey that's too short? Is that the secret to his success?

It's the secret to mine.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
He just doesn’t want to die like the girl in Goldfinger

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Green bay first and only. All others are unworthy. Also we have the biggest chance out of the 4 of spinning off into mediocrity as Rodgers declines. Assuming we find some offensive help next season, we really only have a season or two at most before it really catches up.

The other 3 should all have at least a good 4 or 5 seasons of dominance ahead of them. Hell the chiefs will be contenders for probably the next solid decade or so mahomes is so good. The 9ers are young and well coached and can prob keep that defense together for a bit I think.

I'm not too familiar with the titans situation but Henry has plenty of football ahead of him and that defense looks solid as well.

So really everyone else should just let us have this one because we might not be able to do this much longer and you dont want to be a bunch of jerks do you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Henry needs to wear those early nineties jerseys that stop at the diaphram

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i just say may the best team win. but the best team better not be the packers, you know what i mean

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
1: Chiefs - Andy and Pat are cool, haven’t won it in 50 years. Hill sucks, though...
2: 49ers - I have nothing against them and they’re mostly cool. Bosa sucks though...
3: Packers - It’d be funny and Rodgers is a good player, if weird off the field.
4: Titans - Henry is cool and I’d be totally fine with them winning, honestly. I just think they need to bring back the Oilers uniforms like... 19 years ago. Also still gently caress Bud Adams.

But hey, no Patriots? And no Saints? And no Seahawks on top of all that? gently caress yeah, these playoffs are kickin’ rear end and I’m happy watching them. :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The absence of the Patriots, Steelers and Cowboys have really made these playoffs better. And now we got the bonus of the Seahawks being gone too, not gonna lie it really owns.