Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SOMA was a really good (relatively) recent walksim/sci-fi game that isn't nearly as horror as its look suggests, and i really got into the story, though it's a depressing/existential despair kind of "feelings" game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
SOMA also has a “story” difficulty that removes what little aggression the monsters have entirely. Although yeah, the main feel it will give you is existential terror.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Looking through an online archive of the game magazines I used to buy

NSFW I guess?

https://i.imgur.com/J2Gqa64.jpg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haveblue posted:

SOMA also has a “story” difficulty that removes what little aggression the monsters have entirely. Although yeah, the main feel it will give you is existential terror.

i actually recommend this because the stealth gameplay in SOMA blows, and there's like, a single digit number of actual stealth gameplay segments in the game anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh everybodys gone to the rapture is cool as well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

Whatever you say Mr. Ryan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i actually recommend this because the stealth gameplay in SOMA blows, and there's like, a single digit number of actual stealth gameplay segments in the game anyway

I was real mad when I was able to trap the blind guy with the security console but discovered he can magically escape through scripted events

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gone Home is an absolute classic for people of a certain age and at 3 hours playtime it's the perfect way to spend a cozy evening in.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

did you play What Remains of Edith Finch?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

no i keep meaning to but i still havnt gotten around to it, its def on my list though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This was a very good game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SOMA is one of those games i replay every so often, i absolutely love it

Observation was good though also an extreme blatant 2001 rip, there need to be more sci-fi walksims in general imo

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Gone Home is one of the few times I've gotten mah wife to sit down and play a game with me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
edith finch is probably the best of the higher-profile walking sims, both in terms of gameplay variety and story coherence

soma set a lot of people's worlds on fire but did absolutely nothing for me, i found its existential questions facile and its protagonist unbearable

i like everybody's gone to the rapture a lot but it badly flubbed the ending, dear esther is still the chinese room's best work (we do not talk about a machine for pigs)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
looking at some engineering drawings for work and found my apartment

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

looking at some engineering drawings for work and found my apartment

That's the worst name for a glory hole ever

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Weepinghole is the bar all the Weepingbells go to hook up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cowcaster posted:

where the gently caress did the last page button go on all the threads

I wonder which slur got removed now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There was a hole here. It's weeping now.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Samuringa posted:

forums features are like paygo for every slur removed we have to put in a new one

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

That's the worst name for a glory hole ever

Please don't kinkshame my 24" square

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Weepinghole is the bar all the Weepingbells go to hook up.

It's also a great way to get Pokerus

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

where the gently caress did the last page button go on all the threads

I knew something felt off when I loaded my user control panel for the first time this morning but could not put my finger on what exactly, lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy tuesday, i missed out on a yetee agdq shirt i wanted but i also almost got hit in the face with a kendo stick at a wrestling match so i guess things evened out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

better than being hit in the face with a wrestler at a kendo match

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Dear Esther doesn't stand up to those games but I'm still gonna recommend it as an example of an early emotive walking sim

I still have a soft spot for it :unsmith:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Abzu is the only walking sim i have truely loved

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Just looking through the code here and looks like it was 'noob'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

cheetah, my favourite catgirl Lethe died in a mission where she wasn't even under my control. Would she have showed up in any more of the story or was her stuff done after the end of Part 2?

By the end of the game you will have almost every unit who ever joins. I think theres only one exception. If mordecai joins in part 3 and lethe isn't with him, she's gone. I vaguely remember this game being lenient with green/yellow unit deaths in general but I don't remember well enough to be sure about it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Would u guys support my petition to make Kirby an official Pokemon?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Ok, but what if Kirby.. in a Shin Megami Tensei game! He eats demons and gains their powers, up to two at the same time!

*cough*
Maybe don't include Mara, though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Khanstant posted:

Would u guys support my petition to make Kirby an official Pokemon?

Does this count?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My Time at Portia is so much better than I thought it was going to be. First thing you gotta do is slow down the time to slowest setting, otherwise it's even more hectic and stressful than default stardew. Once you do that, it's kind of the perfect pace. Have enough to do multiple things, chat up the villagers, and end up with some extra time at night for misc tasks or burning stamina mining or chopping. So far my big complain is that the land upgrades are kind of wonky. First one is a tiny little bit of extra land, next one is a bigger chunk, or so it seems until you go to upgrade your house/stuff or build a shed/stable/coop. Then there's just barely room to fit your house in awkwardly with most of other space being taken up by other crap displaced messily.

I think I'm nearing the end game to some degree? Only halfway or so through the second month and my last building bottleneck seems like it'll be finding sources of aluminium, which I assume will come after I build this bridge to the desert. (I guess my play time in real time would amount closer to 3 months by now) I really love that they include an obnoxious rival, there doesn't even seem to be a way to befriend him or improve relationship, he's just a huge turd. Racing him to the best commission in the morning rules because after I snipe his job, I steal his bronze or copper bar! gently caress you Higgins.

Best "gently caress Higgins" moment was when the douchey A&G dude posted four commissions for bridge parts and I turned in everyone of them in a row because I had already built up a bunch of bridge parts previously assuming I'd eventually be getting another bridge build job. I do have some useless bridge head and body parts though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy VII Remake has been delayed a month. :/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

Just looking through the code here and looks like it was 'noob'

I am still here though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does this count?

NSFW kirby-human-centipede??! yucky!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy VII Remake has been delayed a month. :/

More time for Animal Crossing and Doom

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Khanstant posted:

NSFW kirby-human-centipede??! yucky!

Falinks is delightful and beautiful

And also not a centipede, the bodies aren't connected

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More time for Animal Crossing and Doom

I was thinking FFVII Remake would tie me over until Animal Crossing since it comes out a few weeks before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a phalanx formation isn't single file this is an outrage