Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Not sure it was posted already but I asked for a source on Bernie urging Warren to run and here it is

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/190544-bernie-sanders-wont-rule-out-presidential-bid-touts

Bernie calling a woman crazy... Not a good look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oxsnard posted:

Can anyone explain to me why Biden groping small girls in public repeatedly has never gotten traction? It seriously fucks with my mind

The media has decided Biden is off limits.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Racist Bernie talks about how warren speaks English.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Biden gets the same treatment Trump does where the media is pretending their brains aren't soup.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How are u posted:

I don't take a weak attack against Bernie as an attack on myself. It's politics.

This is incoherent. If you care about what Bernie wants to accomplish, Warren attacking him should absolutely be viewed as something that makes her "not an ally." This isn't a morally neutral action.

Hellblazer187 posted:

People here will probably poo poo on me for this but until this nonsense I thought a Sanders/Warren ticket was the best chance of winning. I think Warren "confirming" (aka coordinating) this bullshit attack pretty much makes that possibility go away.

I feel like this primary has been pretty useful at dispelling a lot of peoples' illusions about many "progressive Democrats" like Warren. This stuff has been obvious to many of us for a while, but that's only because we've been "plugged in" enough to actually follow all the stuff Warren (and others) do/say and realize that their actions/words aren't consistent with those of a person who is actually a reliable advocate. When it comes to politicians/Democrats, there should be a high burden on proving that they're actually allies, but I think many people take the opposite approach and assume good faith until they've directly done a bunch of unequivocally bad stuff.

The biggest take-away from this shouldn't be about Warren specifically, but should be that Democrats should always be presumed to be bad by default, with a heavy burden on proving otherwise. To take Warren as an example, she's never had much of a history of a left-wing advocate outside of the CFPB stuff under Obama, so it's always made sense to be deeply skeptical about her and assume the worst.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mcmagic posted:

You have some careerist loving failson trying to primary an actually good senator based on his last name. That is what i would be worked up about.

You can't save her. And Kennedy is hosed, too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

empty whippet box posted:

How can you say you're a feminist when you're criticizing a woman? After all, being a feminist means never not believing anything a woman says and never criticizing them in any way forever. That's what feminism means! Duh

That guy has called Bernie supporters nazis before. He’s not worth debating.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tom Watson is very big on importing the antisemitism-racket that got Corbyn smashed, over to the states.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Hellblazer187 posted:

People here will probably poo poo on me for this but until this nonsense I thought a Sanders/Warren ticket was the best chance of winning. I think Warren "confirming" (aka coordinating) this bullshit attack pretty much makes that possibility go away.

i would've been extremely against the idea of sanders/warren if it was floated, but before the smears i wouldn't poo poo on someone for thinking it could work, even if i personally heavily disagreed with that

now though, lol at anyone who tries to bleat about unity

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1216763715225341952?s=20

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

I object to this characterization, because rats are cool and good and have demonstrated the capability for empathy.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That guy has a very peculiar twitter banner, wonder why he'd come to this conclusion?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Yeah it's crazy how Democrats won't nominate a black man for president

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

How are u posted:

I don't take a weak attack against Bernie as an attack on myself. It's politics.
This isn't politics. It's a bad politician attacking a good politician over some bullshit. Politics is, like, "I think single-payer healthcare is good" vs "we ought to nationalize healthcare" or something. Policy stuff.

Two politicians bickering doesn't make it politics just because they're politicians.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Cross posting from the good tweet thread in pyf

https://twitter.com/condiricenbeans/status/1216594165624004611?s=20

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

empty whippet box posted:

How can you say you're a feminist when you're criticizing a woman? After all, being a feminist means never not believing anything a woman says and never criticizing them in any way forever. That's what feminism means! Duh

This is unironically what Buttigieg supporters say when someone doesn't support Pete, but anti-gay instead of anti-woman.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Should I watch the debate tonight or play Baldur's Gate? Leaning towards Baldur's Gate but watching the debate is a good excuse to drink.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Just inventing poo poo out of their rear end is politics, please keep voting for the stooge please!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1217148134717100032

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What time is the debate. I'm deciding whether to watch or go to drinks with the team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Judakel posted:

You can't save her. And Kennedy is hosed, too.

Is he hosed? He's way up in every poll. (not that it has been polled alot)

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

What time is the debate. I'm deciding whether to watch or go to drinks with the team

The debate will air live at 9 p.m. ET on CNN.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

mcmagic posted:

Is he hosed? He's way up in every poll. (not that it has been polled alot)

dunno if he's hosed but he's definitely inbred

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/MsPackyetti/status/1217079449814020097?s=20

A centrist take that if Bernie said it (he did) Then that's okay because no one is perfect.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This is all Fifth Dimensional Political Chess. Warren knows her bid is over and wants Sanders to win. By attacking him with such an obviously lovely and dumb lie, she knows this will backfire onto her and result in growing support for Bernie, which could convert some of the Never Bernie crowd that's latched onto her. But her real goal is torpedoing CNN: she exposes them as being so blatantly anti-Bernie that they'll run any lovely lie they get fed. CNN is Team Biden all the way, and is the real enemy that Sanders needs to overcome, so a blow to their credibility will hurt Biden in the long run as their bias becomes more and more obvious and more difficult to handwave.

Basically this is my long way of saying that this attack strategy is so dumb it's hard for me to believe an actual human being came up with it

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is all Fifth Dimensional Political Chess. Warren knows her bid is over and wants Sanders to win. By attacking him with such an obviously lovely and dumb lie, she knows this will backfire onto her and result in growing support for Bernie, which could convert some of the Never Bernie crowd that's latched onto her. But her real goal is torpedoing CNN: she exposes them as being so blatantly anti-Bernie that they'll run any lovely lie they get fed. CNN is Team Biden all the way, and is the real enemy that Sanders needs to overcome, so a blow to their credibility will hurt Biden in the long run as their bias becomes more and more obvious and more difficult to handwave.

Basically this is my long way of saying that this attack strategy is so dumb it's hard for me to believe an actual human being came up with it

Have you taken into account the fact that Elizabeth Warren is really, really dumb?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

What is the deal with getfiscal? Is he a less obvious dril?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
CNN Is showing Mayo Pete standing at a podium.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

RottenK posted:

dunno if he's hosed but he's definitely inbred
Nah. Our royalty isn't inbred like European royalty. They just have bad genes.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nebalebadingdong posted:

quote:

Sanders has previously said he hasn't ruled out a run but put the odds of that happening at 1 percent.

Bernie is the 1%. What a hypocrite.

syntaxrigger posted:

Yes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

syntaxrigger posted:

he's the patron saint of posters, trolls and lurkers

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

syntaxrigger posted:

He's tending the the flame that was LF.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I really wish the saclopedia had the history of getfiscal

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Ague Proof posted:

Bernie is the 1%. What a hypocrite.

Yes

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

he's the patron saint of posters, trolls and lurkers

Flip Yr Wig posted:

He's tending the the flame that was LF.

Thanks. I suspected but it is nice to have confirmation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mcmagic posted:

CNN Is showing Mayo Pete standing at a podium.

Low energy. If Beto were still here he'd stand ON the podium

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

They have nothing!

https://twitter.com/cascamike/status/1217147314894229504

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

This isn't politics. It's a bad politician attacking a good politician over some bullshit. Politics is, like, "I think single-payer healthcare is good" vs "we ought to nationalize healthcare" or something. Policy stuff.

Two politicians bickering doesn't make it politics just because they're politicians.

Politics is not just discussing policy. At all.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How are u posted:

Politics is not just discussing policy. At all.

Sure and it is bad and destructive politics to use smears and lies to attack someone you claim as an ally.

And it is incredibly stupid and naive politics to know someone who will smear and attack you, who runs away from everything important you claim to support, and who is eagerly willing to take money from the enemy as soon as you're defeated and then pretend that person is an ally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Please don't watch it on any official CNN source, or anywhere CNN gets a cut of the revenue.