Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why does everyone hate the Seahawks? NFC West fans excluded of course

Russell Wilson is fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
gently caress the Seahawks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

a neat cape posted:

Wilson is cool.

Pete Carroll fuckin sucks though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

gaj70 posted:

Only playing 2 games in 6 weeks tends to do that. See e.g., Lamar.

That said, the quality of play last night was surprisingly good.

Seems awfully convenient to hand wave problems he’s exhibited since day one.

Burrow is the better QB right now and it’s not even close imo

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a neat cape posted:

they're like aggie fans crossed with byu fans

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Fenrir posted:

The absence of the Patriots, Steelers and Cowboys have really made these playoffs better. And now we got the bonus of the Seahawks being gone too, not gonna lie it really owns.

There are still 2 historically great programs in these playoffs, sir. Let's not act like the Packers and 9ers are some long suffering fan bases lol

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

a neat cape posted:

Why does everyone hate the Seahawks?

Because they beat my team.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and after beating my team in the 2014 NFCCG, they had the gall to throw an interception from the 1 yard line and let Brady get another title. They deserve universal hatred for that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Everyone hates young cocky upstart teams. Especially when their fans come across as johnny-come-lately hipsters who don't really know anything about football - which isn't really true.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There are still 2 historically great programs in these playoffs, sir. Let's not act like the Packers and 9ers are some long suffering fan bases lol

i mean the 9ers havent won a title in a time period that mattered so yea they've been poo poo for a while outside the harbaugh blip

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

Why does everyone hate the Seahawks?

Seahawks have the most aggressively obnoxious marketing I’ve ever seen. It’s like they hired everyone from the Microsoft PR agency of the early 00’s.

What I’m saying is, Russell Wilson is basically Clippy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's too exhuasting to hate every team that consistently has success, so I've largely latched onto the Seahawks and Packers as constant contenders that I'm okay with.

Russell Wilson is my favorite QB to watch and I relate to Rodgers being estranged from his family.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Seahawks fans on twitter basically? They're insufferable and oddly dominate the discourse.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

they had the gall to throw an interception from the 1 yard line and let Brady get another title. They deserve universal hatred for that.

I think that you will find this actually owned, and is a reason the Seahawks are cool

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I’m not going to pretend the 49ers are as long-suffering as teams that have never won a Super Bowl or haven’t won one for fifty years. That being said, there’s a huge difference between having a Super Bowl win in the last ten years and continuously being a contender for decades while going from one all-time great quarterback to another and a team that, if I recall correctly, has one of the ten worst win percentages over the last twenty years while featuring such highlights as:

J. T. O’Sullivan, Trent Dilfer, and Troy Smith at QB
Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary, and Jim Tomsula as coach
“We want Carr”
The Jim Harbaugh and Jed York saga
etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some of those mid aughts 49ers teams were among the worst I've ever seen.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

I’m not going to pretend the 49ers are as long-suffering as teams that have never won a Super Bowl or haven’t won one for fifty years. That being said, there’s a huge difference between having a Super Bowl win in the last ten years and continuously being a contender for decades while going from one all-time great quarterback to another and a team that, if I recall correctly, has one of the ten worst win percentages over the last twenty years while featuring such highlights as:

J. T. O’Sullivan, Trent Dilfer, and Troy Smith at QB
Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary, and Jim Tomsula as coach
“We want Carr”
The Jim Harbaugh and Jed York saga
etc.

The 9ers at 7 years removed from 3 consecutive NFC title games and a SB appearance

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

d-link over here smirking and nodding toward his super bowl 10 bowling patch

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

a neat cape posted:

I dunno, even as a Packers fan I was sad to see Beast Mode struggle so much. I was really hoping he’d have a great game but the Packers would still win.

That said, their fanbase is super fun to troll.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

1) Titans
2) Packers
3) 49ers
4) Meteor
5) Chiefs

a neat cape posted:

They beat my team and I'm still mad about it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I went to a party for the Seattle-New England Super Bowl and there was a guy there wearing a Russell Wilson jersey that claimed to be the biggest Seattle fan ever. I made a reference to Matt Hasselbeck and he asked me who that was

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The 12th man stuff is dumb

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

adaz posted:

Seahawks fans on twitter basically? They're insufferable and oddly dominate the discourse.

Mina Kimes is great and Ben Baldwin is great when he's making GBS threads on Rodgers.

But other then that ,yeah, very insufferable.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

My dislike of them has gone down quite a bit, and Russ is insane to watch, but yeah, the 12th man poo poo from a few years ago was the most annoying poo poo ever.

Also they had a bunch of bad gimmick posters, and the one who was truly cool I think died on my birthday.

RIP Wheez.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'll be honest, if the Seahawks and Vikings are out, and as long as the Steelers and Patriots are also out, I don't really care who wins the Super Bowl. Even the Cowboys yes.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The way the Seahawks beat teams probably adds to the hate as well. If your team is blown out, you can at least shrug and be like welp they're just better than us. The RWBS nailbiters amplify that one bad call against your team or that one random special teams fuckup and make it feel like Seattle didn't "deserve" to win.

The actual Seahawks players are pretty great, though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

d-link over here smirking and nodding toward his super bowl 10 bowling patch

All things considered, the Ravens last title is only 2 seasons removed from the Steelers last title, along with a mirrored embarrassing divisional round exit within 2 years of the Steelers doing the same thing.

Lots of smirks to go around, brother

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
They did seem to get the mother of all bandwagons for a while, but that’s mostly gone now. Those people are all back to being Patriots fans for at least another year or two.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The Seahawks bandwagon was pretty insufferable for a while. I live in norcal and I had never seen so many seahawks jerseys in my life. Where did all these supposed fans come from?

Also

fartknocker posted:

Also they had a bunch of bad gimmick posters, and the one who was truly cool I think died on my birthday.

RIP Wheez.

I post here pretty inconsistently so I’m pretty out of the loop, what the hell happened here? I remember that dude from a while back

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Even the Cowboys yes.

Now this brings up something strange to me, why on earth are the Cowboys more hated than the Niners? Those Montana/Young years were at least on the same level of obnoxious.

Maybe Kaepernick washing the foul taste of the Montana years away?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Colonel Whitey posted:

The Seahawks bandwagon was pretty insufferable for a while. I live in norcal and I had never seen so many seahawks jerseys in my life. Where did all these supposed fans come from?

Also

I post here pretty inconsistently so I’m pretty out of the loop, what the hell happened here? I remember that dude from a while back

his heart suddenly stopped and if you truly remember wheez this is the part where you nod your head and say oh. that makes sense.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

even before the latest run of seahawks success they had dkcecil scamming people to buy drugs lmao

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Ghost Dog posted:

his heart suddenly stopped and if you truly remember wheez this is the part where you nod your head and say oh. that makes sense.

drat. hosed up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

BGrifter posted:

I dunno, even as a Packers fan I was sad to see Beast Mode struggle so much. I was really hoping he’d have a great game but the Packers would still win.

That said, their fanbase is super fun to troll.

Hey he had a yard more per carry than he did against the Eagles! That's progress!

Honestly I was impressed as hell that he even could/would do it. Guy has been retired for a long time now. He has no real reason to stay in exacting shape and also no reason to answer the phone when someone calls about having him come play again. The fact that he did was really cool honestly, and it's not like anyone else was tearing it up in the run game for the Seahawks. Managed to punch it in twice with the Seahawks near the goal line, too

BGrifter posted:

Now this brings up something strange to me, why on earth are the Cowboys more hated than the Niners? Those Montana/Young years were at least on the same level of obnoxious.

I wouldn't say I hate the Cowboys, but probably Jerry Jones + the whole AMERICUHS TEAM nonsense + the way they suck up all the primetime games even if they're bad.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Play posted:

I wouldn't say I hate the Cowboys, but probably Jerry Jones + the whole AMERICUHS TEAM nonsense + the way they suck up all the primetime games even if they're bad.

Yeah I totally get mild dislike, irritation, or other low level grievances. But the mere mention of the Cowboys seems to inspire a frothing at the mouth hatred I just don’t get. :shrug:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wheez suffered from the same poo poo a ton of people do and I’m sorry it took him

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Wheez died from drug use?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I totally get mild dislike, irritation, or other low level grievances. But the mere mention of the Cowboys seems to inspire a frothing at the mouth hatred I just don’t get. :shrug:

Some of us are old and don't forgive.

The main thing though is the Cowboys are why I have to listen to Troy Aikman every week. Twice every week if there's a Thursday game. That's enough reason for anyone I should think.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Just think about the amount of exposure the Niners get when they're bad compared to what the Cowboys get when they're bad.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Grittybeard posted:

Some of us are old and don't forgive.

The main thing though is the Cowboys are why I have to listen to Troy Aikman every week. Twice every week if there's a Thursday game. That's enough reason for anyone I should think.

Yeah that’s fair. I dunno, I also find it hilarious how much trash the Cowboys talk and then utterly fail to back it up. That probably makes me hate them a little less.

To me Jerry Jones is just as ridiculous and funny as Al Davis was. Jones just had the good fortune of being gifted a bunch of Super Bowl wins by the Minnesota Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I hate the Cowboys because every time they played, the camera would zoom in on Jason Garrett's morose rear end face for an uncomfortable amount of time at least ten times a game.

Now I'll see Mike!