Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

overmind2000 posted:

In terms of demographics North Carolina has a smaller black population (though not by much) than South Carolina but a larger hispanic population, which would of course be better for Bernie. The real difference, though, is that North Carolina has twice the population and more and larger metropolitan areas than South Carolina does. It's more favorable to Bernie than it looks and if push comes to shove it would be easier to win than South Carolina.

Yeah, aside from both being Carolinas, the states are quite different and have been so historically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

How are u posted:

b-b-but i thought she was suicide bombing bernie to help her one true friend joe biden?

Clearly this is all some real dumb poo poo that shouldn't have happened in the first place and exploded way out of order via Twitter, the stupidest social media format in the god damned world.

How the gently caress does this change anything after the fact? She doesn't get credit for backtracking after it backfired.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Democrats are really itching to vote for the person that tells them they can't have the very popular things they want that we can easily afford.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

If only someone on her team had had this revelation three days ago. Absolute idiots.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If only someone on her team had had this revelation three days ago. Absolute idiots.

The fact that they had a fundraising email out within 5 hours of the planted script story makes me think the campaign didn't orchestrate this from the top down

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

there are literally still people in this thread who think warren would beat trump lol

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Unbelievable how bad of a politician she is. Either her instincts are completely ill-suited for a competitive race with people to her left or she just has the worst advisers in the world.

Her campaign was already a fading long shot but this just feels like the final blow. It's all downhill from here.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Klobmentum is actually just a bunch of huge Ana Gasteyer fans who want to see her back on SNL.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Hopefully once she drops out there is still time for the Kamala / Hillary folks who moved to her campaign, to get cushy jobs on Biden's campaign and throttle his chances as well.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gandlethorpe posted:

Klobmentum is actually just a bunch of huge Ana Gasteyer fans who want to see her back on SNL.

They brought back Rachel dratch to play Klobuchar a few times, and my partner thought that was really mean of SNL lol

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

PeterWeller posted:

Yeah, aside from both being Carolinas, the states are quite different and have been so historically.

I figured North Carolina was actually more similar to Virginia, and South Carolina is more deep south and kind of like Georgia actually. Anyone have any insight on this?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

gandlethorpe posted:

I thought klob was Rachael dratsch?

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
“Hey supporters, please don’t call Bernie sexist” says Warren campaign 5 minutes after insinuating Bernie is sexist.

This also means the campaign email went out after they told supporters to chill.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wrap it up guys, Yang’s gonna win now

https://twitter.com/emmakinery/status/1217160085878845440?s=21

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

How are u posted:

b-b-but i thought she was suicide bombing bernie to help her one true friend joe biden?

Clearly this is all some real dumb poo poo that shouldn't have happened in the first place and exploded way out of order via Twitter, the stupidest social media format in the god damned world.

You seem to be having a lot of trouble so I'll try again: they conceived of this master plan to smear Bernie, they were active participants the entire way, it was an extremely stupid and poorly carried out plan, they're desperately trying to salvage the campaign that they just loving blew up.

It's not hard.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pander posted:

I thought klob was Rachael dratsch?

papa horny michael posted:

They brought back Rachel dratch to play Klobuchar a few times, and my partner thought that was really mean of SNL lol

Love her, but I think Gasteyer has more of that speak-to-your-manager mom energy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gambino I kinda understood cause he's terminally online, but Chappelle? Though I do find his post-meltdown neo-Hotep worldview pretty inscrutable, somaybe this isn't a total surprise

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
To me, it's sort of obvious what happened.

As Bernie kept getting good news, a lot of the organizations that had been on the fence between him and Warren started to pick sides. Sunrise movement, NH SEIU, teacher unions in Nevada, etc. Castro endorsing her and her unity pitch was going nowhere, so either out of desperation, incompetence or rage they decided to do the script leak. When it looked like it would have no effect, they decided to signal pretty hard to the never Bernie crowd that she'd go all in on Bernie. Except that burned her bridges with Bernie while not making headway with the never Bernie. If even people at MSNBC aren't buying it, you done goofed. It's a campaign full of opportunists and incompetents.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

overmind2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1217117480671481860

Biden 31 (-8)
Sanders 18 (+12)
Warren 15 (-7)
Bloomberg 8 (+8)
Buttigeig 6 (-3)

I think the prior poll was definitely a bit of an outlier (6%? Seriously?) but still it’s great that Bernie has made up this much ground without even really campaigning at all in NC. This is almost entirely national movement and maybe a little spillover from SC. Once Bernie starts winning IA/NH/NV expect those Biden numbers to crater.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

say what you will about Clinton but she would have followed through with her kamikaze and not pulled up at the last second, dishonoring her name.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

joepinetree posted:

To me, it's sort of obvious what happened.

As Bernie kept getting good news, a lot of the organizations that had been on the fence between him and Warren started to pick sides. Sunrise movement, NH SEIU, teacher unions in Nevada, etc. Castro endorsing her and her unity pitch was going nowhere, so either out of desperation, incompetence or rage they decided to do the script leak. When it looked like it would have no effect, they decided to signal pretty hard to the never Bernie crowd that she'd go all in on Bernie. Except that burned her bridges with Bernie while not making headway with the never Bernie. If even people at MSNBC aren't buying it, you done goofed. It's a campaign full of opportunists and incompetents.

It's this. Bernie was meant to look like the one who broke the truce, poor betrayed Warren would soldier on though staying above it all to unify - when even Bernie intends only to divide!

If they couldn't crack the momentum he's building they'd lose anyway, so why bother with ethics or morality I guess.

hobotrashcanfires fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 14, 2020

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Well I'm surprised that Warren team emailed me first before Actblue did. They were going to forward my donation refund request on to Actblue and get it done soon as they can.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Warren is the worst candidate and has the dumbest staff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Warren is the worst candidate and has the dumbest staff.

I kinda miss Harris's cringe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Awful CompSloth posted:

I figured North Carolina was actually more similar to Virginia, and South Carolina is more deep south and kind of like Georgia actually. Anyone have any insight on this?

North Carolina is similar to Virginia, you are correct. the blue area are concentrated on the 85 corridor that compromises Charlotte, Raleigh, and the research triangle. Charlotte is a stupidly wealthy little white enclave that's nothing but country clubs, imposter breweries, and mediocre sports teams. Research triangle is everything you'd expect it to be. Overall this area is typically center left, comfortable liberals.

Everything east of Raleigh might as well be Mordor. The entire economy is based on either pig farming or tobacco. When they finally get around to legalizing it in NC, that will probably be the biggest producer of it in the world. Until that point, it's nothing but depressing poverty and bright pink pig poo poo filled lagoons of death as far as the eye can see. Western NC is very weird, and the culture changes with every mountain you go to.

Asheville is the center of it all and is probably the most comically liberal place on the east coast. The entire area is being flooded with people moving there, and property prices are rising in the entire region. It's an interesting combination of the new blood being generally progressive combined with your typical Appalachian poverty. It's also why I'm so confident that WNC can be a reliable leftist vote moving forward. Mark Meadows is from the region and has announced he's not running for reelection in 2020.

Also we have the best beer in the country don't at me.

Moving south from Charlotte, you get the exburbs in South Carolina. They're exactly what you'd expect from people that work in Charlotte but are willing to drive an hour both ways to live in a different state. While historically South Carolina has been a blight on the map, the Greenville Spartanburg area has had somewhat of a renaissance over the past decade or so. Young people are moving there and it doesn't loving blow anymore. Downtown Greenville is actually a pretty nice place though. Basically all the engineers and what not being pumped out by clemson and what not settle down there. Also Dabo is a hack. Don't go to Columbia it is an absolute hell hole.

Charleston is a wonderful little town. imagine New Orleans but everything is 25% more expensive and you do classier drugs.

The less said about Myrtle Beach the better.

The rest of South Carolina is......problematic. Every single stereotype you have about the state happens here. A lot of that is probably going to be destroyed by floods over the next decade so there will be opportunities to buy their votes with water and bread. The South Carolina GOP is also the most savage branch in the country which is why Nikki Haley can never run for office from there again lol.

If we're looking towards the future, NC is a much safer bet than south. While there are massive gerrymandering problems in NC, with a wave year those can be overcome. The GOP, while a powerful force in NC (and the dems are a waste), are nothing compared to their brethren in the south. It's going to take something special to get those fuckers out of power.

On the dawn of the third day, look to the north.

also lmao Clemson get wrecked

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
How pissed off is CNN going to be? They had this all lined up, the last debate before the first primary, they're all ready to blast Sanders for sexism based off the stuff Warren has says, and then six hours before the debate Warren just completely wusses out. This was it! This was their one scheme to knock down Sanders before Iowa, and it was all riding on Elizabeth Warren having enough integrity to maintain a lie for just 24 hours!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Clinton had the eye of the tiger. When she made a disingenuous attack she committed and her righteous indignation sounded sincere.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not like it matters. If anything, it might scare a few into reconsidering- they've been buying the fascist line for years but aren't used to leftists who actually have bark, let alone bite.

Let’s grind them into paste.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nearly killed em! posted:

bad advice from the idiots you pay to give you advice? yeah that person should have real power.

Basically everyone hires the same campaign morons. It's the same people who were running Hillary's campaign in 16.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gripweed posted:

How pissed off is CNN going to be? They had this all lined up, the last debate before the first primary, they're all ready to blast Sanders for sexism based off the stuff Warren has says, and then six hours before the debate Warren just completely wusses out. This was it! This was their one scheme to knock down Sanders before Iowa, and it was all riding on Elizabeth Warren having enough integrity to maintain a lie for just 24 hours!

CNN currently has two guests on, a guy that wrote an op ed called "Why Sanders is Wrong About Women," and a former Clinton staffer, talking about it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Basically everyone hires the same campaign morons. It's the same people who were running Hillary's campaign in 16.

i don't think bernie did lol

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Darko posted:

CNN currently has two guests on, a guy that wrote an op ed called "Why Sanders is Wrong About Women," and a former Clinton staffer, talking about it.

Yeah they're going to force the issue one way or another, either they're tearing into Bernie or they're tearing into her. They're fine with either or both, they set up this fight for her and someone's going to bleed for the ratings.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1217154970404999169?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

This is such a weird primary, good lord.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

kidkissinger posted:

i don't think bernie did lol

Bernie hired the opposition researcher who was tasked to find dirt on him by clinton. The guy didn't find anything, so must be a dolt.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

not cspam

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FizFashizzle posted:

Moving south from Charlotte, you get the exburbs in South Carolina. They're exactly what you'd expect from people that work in Charlotte but are willing to drive an hour both ways to live in a different state. While historically South Carolina has been a blight on the map, the Greenville Spartanburg area has had somewhat of a renaissance over the past decade or so. Young people are moving there and it doesn't loving blow anymore. Downtown Greenville is actually a pretty nice place though. Basically all the engineers and what not being pumped out by clemson and what not settle down there. Also Dabo is a hack. Don't go to Columbia it is an absolute hell hole.

Charleston is a wonderful little town. imagine New Orleans but everything is 25% more expensive and you do classier drugs.

The less said about Myrtle Beach the better.

The rest of South Carolina is......problematic. Every single stereotype you have about the state happens here. A lot of that is probably going to be destroyed by floods over the next decade so there will be opportunities to buy their votes with water and bread. The South Carolina GOP is also the most savage branch in the country which is why Nikki Haley can never run for office from there again lol.

I'm from Goose Creek which is basically a suburb of North Charleston which is basically a suburb of Charleston, and yeah, that's all pretty accurate. Bernie's putting a lot into the state though so we might actually contribute something positive to national politics this time around.

FizFashizzle posted:

also lmao Clemson get wrecked

Also this

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

Bernie hired the opposition researcher who was tasked to find dirt on him by clinton. The guy didn't find anything, so must be a dolt.

What's the story behind this? Did the guy basically go "holy poo poo, this guy's the real deal; I gotta work for him"?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are u posted:

It was on CNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

What's the story behind this? Did the guy basically go "holy poo poo, this guy's the real deal; I gotta work for him"?

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of thing happened all the time to Bernie