  • Post
Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I keep wondering how Clinton staffers keep finding work but I assume they go "I helped defeat Bernie once and can do it again" and wallets just fly open like heated popcorn.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Katt posted:

I keep wondering how Clinton staffers keep finding work but I assume they go "I helped defeat Bernie once and can do it again" and wallets just fly open like heated popcorn.

Remember how Bloomberg just donated like 70 million or whatever to run ads against Donald Trump?

The person running that PAC is Robbie Mook.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

"We want this person to run against trump because we can see shes a garbage campaigner and trump will run circles around her."

Why should Republican endorsements matter? These people lie more than they breathe.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Meatball posted:

Why should Republican endorsements matter? These people lie more than they breathe.
For every ten Bernie Bros we lose, we'll pick up one NatSec ghoul in Falls Church!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

gandlethorpe posted:

What's the story behind this? Did the guy basically go "holy poo poo, this guy's the real deal; I gotta work for him"?

Monowhatever posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of thing happened all the time to Bernie

Here's Neera Tanden telling the Clinton Campaign she'll help to get a headline changed at ThinkProgress from being so anti-hillary.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/19808

quote:

From:ntanden@gmail.com
To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2016-01-14 16:42
Subject: Re: FW: CLIP | Think Progress: Hillary Clinton Makes Dishonest Attack On Bernie Sanders' Health Care Plan

I will. They are crazy leftists down there.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:30 PM John Podesta <john.podesta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe we can work on the headlines.

Tyson Brody, the opposition researcher and now bernie hire, was involved in the email chain. I can't imagine stuff like this settles easily for people who may actually have political idealism.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

Democrats are really itching to vote for the person that tells them they can't have the very popular things they want that we can easily afford.

It’s really striking how the entire Democratic Party is running whole hog on “better things aren’t possible

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Harton posted:

It’s really striking how the entire Democratic Party is running whole hog on “better things aren’t possible

the wealthy educated white liberals are doing just fine, what needs to be made better? status quo works great!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

CNN is in bed with the healthcare industry and they are ok with calling bernie sanders a sexist repeatedly when the person who had it happen to them is begging for it to stop.

CNN has zero morals.

I cant trust them anymore then fox.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spunkshui posted:

CNN is in bed with the healthcare industry and they are ok with calling bernie sanders a sexist repeatedly when the person who had it happen to them is begging for it to stop.

CNN has zero morals.

I cant trust them anymore then fox.

I think you mean the person who it didnt happen to.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Shear Modulus posted:

imagine watching a presidential debate and not drinking

I've tried with edibles but it doesn't pair well at all. Drinks for sure.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

For every ten Bernie Bros we lose, we'll pick up one NatSec ghoul in Falls Church!

Falls Church, drat. What do you know about that place?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:golfclap:
We also would have accepted: Both of them labeled Warren Campaign, with "Why would Bernie do this?"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Bernie supporters are responding hard and fast to this bullshit

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1217201229354471426?s=20

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Even Jonathan Chait is dunking on these Biden ghouls trying equivocate between Sanders and Biden's votes on Iraq in the 90s lmao
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1217148824231215105?s=19

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

This needs the follow-up with Hannibal sitting back up and eyeblasting Andre.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I really need to find out who these guys are one day. I only know the meme but I think one of the guys owned a spice girl on TV once over Thatcher?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Awful CompSloth posted:

Falls Church, drat. What do you know about that place?
I met one of my exes carpooling to a Birthday Massacre show. We stayed in her friend's parents' house in Falls Church. It was this weird little enclave where the houses looked a little nicer than my parents' house but I'm told they were worth twice as much. Welp, that's my story.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

the_steve posted:

:golfclap:
We also would have accepted: Both of them labeled Warren Campaign, with "Why would Bernie do this?"

I like this better because the posted version makes it look like Warren actually killed Bernie’s campaign.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Katt posted:

I really need to find out who these guys are one day. I only know the meme but I think one of the guys owned a spice girl on TV once over Thatcher?

The guy getting shot is a dirty rotten landlord.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

I think you mean the person who it didnt happen to.

the person it didn't happen to but decided it would be a good idea to pretend it did, publicly, anyway

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rscott posted:

Even Jonathan Chait is dunking on these Biden ghouls trying equivocate between Sanders and Biden's votes on Iraq in the 90s lmao
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1217148824231215105?s=19

Our MSM is trying to do to Bernie what the UK Press did to Corbyn.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Our MSM is trying to do to Bernie what the UK Press did to Corbyn.

Trump is good for ratings and lazy reporters who just have to talk about tweets all day.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Our MSM is trying to do to Bernie what the UK Press did to Corbyn.

Thankfully they have less ammo, less time, and less competence than the UK press.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Anecdotal, but I'm starting to think this bullshit really hit a nerve because I'm getting texts from my Warren supporting friends who wanted Bernie-lite, and they're off the Liz train now. These are people who don't follow politics very closely.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

Thankfully they have less ammo, less time, and less competence than the UK press.

I mean they theoretically have 10+ months....

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://twitter.com/helen_manfred/status/1217193058804142081?s=19

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I think chief political correspondent for ABC is having a take stroke on twitter right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1217118920991264768

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I mean they theoretically have 10+ months....

Yeah, but that's less than the two years they had to focus a laser on Corbyn personally. Plus, as lovely as our press is, they're gonna focus more on Trump after the primaries.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1217207063014789123?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/fightdenial/status/1217160410589061120

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenmwong/status/1217030053969768449

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

selec posted:

I think chief political correspondent for ABC is having a take stroke on twitter right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1217118920991264768

This might be the most infuriatingly stupid take I've ever seen.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

This might be the most infuriatingly stupid take I've ever seen.

It’s off the charts, we broke all the meters

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

selec posted:

I think chief political correspondent for ABC is having a take stroke on twitter right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1217118920991264768

this is their top political brain thinker huh

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

You're back and still on the last fraud? Sorry, in the meantime you're fave Warren did another fraud and blew her campaign apart.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

hobotrashcanfires posted:

You're back and still on the last fraud? Sorry, in the meantime you're fave Warren did another fraud and blew her campaign apart.

Appreciate the congrats

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
tired: Bernie's campaign distributing factual talking points about other candidates

wired:
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1217170622440202246

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

everytime bernie speaks all the fake friends and media be like:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

hobotrashcanfires posted:

You're back and still on the last fraud? Sorry, in the meantime you're fave Warren did another fraud and blew her campaign apart.

they're just retroactively redoubling their efforts to justify Warren going insanely negative out of nowhere.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

kidkissinger posted:

they're just retroactively redoubling their efforts to justify Warren going insanely negative out of nowhere.

I actually have some pretty negative opinions wrt to the Warren campaign and the latest bullshit but that won't stop me from taking a victory lap over a thing I ate a 12 hour probation over

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4