Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I've seen enough of N4B's posting to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a joke.

But if I'm wrong, :chloe:

EDIT: Beaten like an MMA guy on Joe Rogan.

Also I'm not a huge fan of Joe Rogan either and I agree with the whole useful idiot/giving platforms to harmful people arguments against him.

But he did give us the "Gene LaBell made Steven Segal poo poo himself" story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbb8elzans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Bye Mike, it's too late, you're hosed.

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1217257221899390976

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im a bleeding heart liberal from CT. I've voted for two republicans ever. My best friends dad who was running for Probate Judge and a former Gov of CT who was pretty good and better than the Dem.

but im alt right ok

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
awful people admitting they listen to Joe Rogan itt

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bloops posted:

Planet Money

is garbage.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it is a joke, you guys are acting crazy these days and im glad you had the sensibility to see that at least

im gonna keep listening to comedians talk though bc i enjoy it

before you said that victor vermis admitted to listening to nazi podcasts

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

well, im not vv

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it is a joke, you guys are acting crazy these days and im glad you had the sensibility to see that at least

im gonna keep listening to comedians talk though bc i enjoy it

Whoa check out this guy

This is the internet pal you don't get to decide what you enjoy

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

I don't understand. Hasn't he already been through sentencing for this? How does this benefit him at all? This doesn't make any sense to me, but I admittedly know very little about law.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im a bleeding heart liberal from CT. I've voted for two republicans ever. My best friends dad who was running for Probate Judge and a former Gov of CT who was pretty good and better than the Dem.

but im alt right ok

I've never voted republican in my life. But oooooh I listen to a dumb comedian having dumb conversations that have nothing to do with nazis and yep, youse a nazi.

It's loving brain candy you jackasses, it's supposed to rot your mind. You're supposed to have enough common sense to detect the nazis dressing up as doctors of horseshit and leave that poo poo to the fringes where no one should watch it and it should never be revisited.

So by this logic, no one should watch Colbert because he's had Bannon and Trump on his show.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This is the internet pal you don't get to decide what you enjoy

im noticing that more and more

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eulogistics posted:

I don't understand. Hasn't he already been through sentencing for this? How does this benefit him at all? This doesn't make any sense to me, but I admittedly know very little about law.

He hasn't been sentenced yet. It doesn't really benefit him, as he has previously reiterated his guilty plea. He's also called bullshit on the government before, which the judge then shot down. It's likely that the judge will also deny his pulling of the guilty plea.

Flynn has to *prove* that the government was requesting that he would lie, but:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1217263814623674369

He has already admitted he was guilty, signed poo poo saying same, and now wants takesies-backsies. It's a pardon play. He will get hosed by the judge and dangled in the wind in the meantime.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I hope they go after his son just for this.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

He hasn't been sentenced yet. It doesn't really benefit him, as he has previously reiterated his guilty plea. He's also called bullshit on the government before, which the judge then shot down. It's likely that the judge will also deny his pulling of the guilty plea.

Flynn has to *prove* that the government was requesting that he would lie, but:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1217263814623674369

He has already admitted he was guilty, signed poo poo saying same, and now wants takesies-backsies. It's a pardon play. He will get hosed by the judge and dangled in the wind in the meantime.

Thanks for explaining that. It still doesn't make sense to me, but now just in a "You really think this was a good idea?" way, rather than the original "what is happening here?" way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eulogistics posted:

Thanks for explaining that. It still doesn't make sense to me, but now just in a "You really think this was a good idea?" way, rather than the original "what is happening here?" way.

Brain worms. Flynn got his brain worms after he got fired by Obama, Fox News accelerated them, he crimed, then a good lawyer team gave him pills. All he had to do was take the pills, get probation, and move on with his life.

He quit taking the pills.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Yep. It has maybe two or three good explainers that then caused it to be blown up as the smartest thing, but it’s extremely neo-lib financier poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mlmp08 posted:

Yep. It has maybe two or three good explainers that then caused it to be blown up as the smartest thing, but it’s extremely neo-lib financier poo poo.

And the hosts make good money speaking at Wall Street events. NPR somehow lets this happen and not count it as a conflict of interest, but fired their Opera World host for going to an Occupy DC protest.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I was upset that you were hating on Planet Money, but then I realised the one I like is Marketplace. Please don't tell me about how Kai Ryssdal is evil, I don't think my heart can take it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Not a Good Development for Michael Avenatti's law license.

https://twitter.com/JasonMcGahan/status/1217268870471307264

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

how did avenatti think it would end

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

completely exonerated

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

completely exonerated

:basta:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Remember when he was openly floating a presidential run?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i do which makes it even more insane

dude was feelin himself hard through that time

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Any one watching the debates?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BigDave posted:

One hour foreign policy: No question on cost
First question on M4A: ~*~How are you going to pay for it Bernie???????~*~

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Development: I thought Avenatti was being arrested on a new charge or something.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1217281906359881733

Nope. Avenatti likely violated his bail and it might be the last we hear of him for quite some time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

CNN is straight up ratfucking Bernie.

Mod: "Sanders, why did you say a woman can't win an election?"
Bernie: "I didn't say that." *expands on his answer*
Mod: "Warren, how did you feel when Sanders definitely said that thing?"

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 15, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fister Roboto posted:

You're missing the true ratfuck.

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1217281963184283649

There's the true ratfuck.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

BigDave posted:

Yep. I hate myself.

Fister Roboto posted:

Mod: "Sanders, why did you say a woman can't win an election?"
Bernie: "I didn't say that." *expands on his answer*
Mod: "Warren, how did you feel when Sanders definitely said that thing?"

This too.

Also Warren and Sanders "arguing" over 30 years made both of them look stupid.

Mayo Pete continues to suck.

Just gonna play ten more minutes of Stardew Valley and then go smoke my vape pen before bed. This timeline sucks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1217287039365844997

Any response where they're thinking millionaires send their kids to IU or Purdue instead of Notre Dame (replace state schools with your local and private with your local)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

You're missing the true ratfuck.

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1217281963184283649

There's the true ratfuck.

lmfao gently caress you CNN you pieces of poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmfao gently caress you CNN you pieces of poo poo

:cripes:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
The format and questions are just awful.

also if I have to hear Biden say "number one, number two" one more time I'm gonna scream

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1217299103362748416

i'm the billionaire with the puzzled look

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

good i hope bernie goes nuclear now and takes no prisoners

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I didn't even realize debates were happening today, so I got drunk and binge watched season 2 of Magic for Humans on Netflix, which is A+++ TV IMHO.

I think the most unfortunate side effect of the Trump presidency is that he basically saved the 2r hour news networks. If I remember correctly, all of them except for Fox News were a quarter or two away from going busto, which in my opinion would have been a net gain for society as a whole.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Motherfucker. Bernie literally encouraged Warren to run in 2016 as a left counterpoint to Hillary Clinton, but she was too much of a coward to do it then. Now she wants to claim he said a woman can’t win the presidency? gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

I think the most unfortunate side effect of the Trump presidency is that he basically saved the 2r hour news networks. If I remember correctly, all of them except for Fox News were a quarter or two away from going busto, which in my opinion would have been a net gain for society as a whole.

Nah, none of the news networks were going anywhere. Old people of all political demographics need garbage news on in the background, or weather. They were suffering for revenue but then 4,237 prescription medications for plaque psoriasis came out and they were saved between those and mattress commercials.