Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OMG he starts with Iraq. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Rollersnake posted:

Didn't see if anyone posted this yet, but if you'd rather not patronize CNN, Des Moines Register is streaming the debate.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/

But they're just restreaming the CNN feed, aren't they?

how is Steyer still a thing

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Where can I watch the debate?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mellow Seas posted:

So, nothing CC said on Monday was wrong at all, a dozen of you jumped on them and got them probed for defending themselves, and then he gets probed for pointing that out. Sounds about right. Maybe if they were an aggro CSPAM shitposter we could all whine for days and try to make a martyr out of them.

There was, as you all say, nothing wrong with the script so why the hell did you all fight tooth and nail against the idea it actually came from the campaign? It’s just always about “owning the libs”. Christ.

The thing that makes this annoying is that the only person who was trying to "own the libs" in that exchange was CC. Which is why he (and in the past a poster like KingNastidon) got probated - nearly every single post he makes in this thread is along those lines. At least the left is up front about its opinions. You know who we like and dislike and why. But these people just vaguely hint at things and never directly state their own opinions, resulting in a bunch of pointless bickering where people try to infer their actual views and (correctly) interpret their words/actions as passive-aggressive hostility.

For cultural reasons many people (likely including you in this case) perceive the sort of passive-aggressive condescending hostility of his earlier posts in a less negative light than the ones some leftists in this thread make that are more directly hostile (and the same goes for a couple other posters like the aforementioned KingNastidon). This is why it's generally dumb to care about tone, because your own perception of what's "harmfully hostile" is colored by your own biases. Hostility should be directed towards people for defending bad things or attacking (or concern trolling) good things.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

OMG he starts with Iraq. I love it.

Sanders is a treasure and always will be. I will be so sad when he passes.

ratbert90 posted:

go.cnn.com.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
CNN is obviously ginning up a fight, but it's a genuine and important difference so I'm for it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a TVIV for the debate or is this it? So far biden going with 'yeah I hosed up but obama picked ME!'

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ratbert90 posted:

cnn.com

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ratbert90 posted:

https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-0

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tbh Bernie should have mentioned how Barbara Lee was right on that vote and he wasn't.

edit: lmao what Biden, I don't think the soldiers were ever going to Iraq to "not go to war and bring inspectors in"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

Tbh Bernie should have mentioned how Barbara Lee was right on that vote and he wasn't.

he did

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

Is there a TVIV for the debate or is this it? So far biden going with 'yeah I hosed up but obama picked ME!'

I’d imagine it’s just this thread. Viewership has dropped sharply since the earlier debates.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Bernie will never die. His body will be preserved by the Golden Throne for all time.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1217266090142830592

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
lmao they really are just setting up fights

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ok this is dumb they're just trying to get the candidates to fight and it's boring.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow bernie is already slaying it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think he just said "Barbara Lee was the only one who voted against, everyone else voted for" and then segued into talking about the Iraq War vote.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Klobberin time? lol no

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

edit: lmao what Biden, I don't think the soldiers were ever going to Iraq to "not go to war and bring inspectors in"

he literally did EXACTLY this, wtf?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !!!!!

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If the gods don't hate us that much, it will be a huge state funeral in like a decade or so of an ex president as loved as much as fdr.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
The Chapo twitch is pretty great so far. Felix is channeling Biden's "old timey" ramblings whenever Biden speaks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Hmm, apparently Klobuchar likes the troops?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Klob, turning the volume to *bleh*

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
really can't force myself to care about klobuchar

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Klobb looks like she's going to cry

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Pete is somehow even less likeable than Klobuchar

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

he literally did EXACTLY this, wtf?

It's possible I misheard but I heard him say that Barbara Lee was the only person who didn't vote for it, but I didn't hear him say "I shouldn't have voted for it."

I mean not remotely a big deal and he deal with the question fine otherwise.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pete Butti- "I WAS A SOLDIER" - gieg, "I SERVED WITH THEM!!", we'd like to ask - "I WAS A SOLDIERRRRRRRRRRRRR" - you about ' SOLDIER!!!'

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
What the hell is wrong with Pete's eyebrows? They look penciled in.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Luckyellow posted:

What the hell is wrong with Pete's eyebrows? They look penciled in.

his entire personality is penciled in

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

"Hi I'm Butterbar, I'm young, and was in the army. I say young things, like cyber terrorism. Climate change. Vote for me."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was hoping Warren would say "I'll show you why I'm best to be Commander in Chief" and then do a karate kata.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Meatball posted:

If the gods don't hate us that much, it will be a huge state funeral in like a decade or so of an ex president as loved as much as fdr.

please

Also maybe buttigieg will go away, get some depth, connect with a wider array of people, and win by a landslide too.

but I doubt it.

Nairbo posted:

Pete is somehow even less likeable than Klobuchar

I feel like 90% of his problems are that he needs time to mature as a politician and actually connect with way, way more people than he's currently around

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Wait, Warren likes the troops? I thought Klobuchar liked the troops?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Having brothers in the military does not count for anything

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
‘we have to think about cyber’

Channeling some Trump energy

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

klobuchar and steyer on this this stage right now is just lol

Adbot