Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Azuth0667 posted:

I haven't been fortunate enough to get an arbor seed care package. I'm a hoarder though so I managed to last through a quick switch to mushrooms.

Hopefully I can get to space before I run out of my 100 tonnes of slime.

I want to strip mine this map are jet suits worth getting to do that?

Flying, even with the 3x mod will lose to dupes on ladders, especially if those dupes have suit training and like the +20 althetics they inevitably end up at after 300 cycles. This is before the excess CO2 production and FPS issues. Jet suits are not worth it 99.9% unless you really want to see dupes flying around or completely dispise mapping out ladder paths for strip mining.

EDIT: God drat page sniped again

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Do I need to stop my dupes from harvesting the mealwood in the drecko pens? How can I do it?

Edit: NVM found it.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 14, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The command you use to enable autoharvest on wild plants also can disable auto harvest on farms. You can also do it by individually selecting the plant (not the farm tile).

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
There’s a plant overlay that makes it easy to see as well.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
As you guys can probably guess I got bored of digging an dreckos are too cute. But why are my dupes tying them up then not bringing them to the drop-off?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Shumagorath posted:

As you guys can probably guess I got bored of digging an dreckos are too cute. But why are my dupes tying them up then not bringing them to the drop-off?

What's the priority on the dropoff? It is set to take dreckos? Is it at capacity? All creatures count against any limit, not just dreckos.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

As a semi related aside you can only see whatever creatures you've discovered on the critter drop off panel, even the baby versions of something you've already found. So if you tell your critter drop off 'dreckos' then use an incubator you might find that your baby stays in the incubator forever because you have to go back and specify 'drecklet' at the drop off to get the dupes to automatically empty the incubators on their own.

E: also I think dropping off wrangled dreckos count as tidying or supplying or something like that, so sometimes your dupes might just ignore it for too long if you also have digging/constructing orders out. I typically just go yellow alert on the drop off for the first couple critters, after that I don't care so much as emptying an incubator is definitely a ranching action and happens at a much higher priority than picking up wrangled critters.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yellow alert seems to have done it. I have a fucktonne of sweeping to do but wrangled animals don't seem to qualify as anything on the priority menu.

Is 1.56Kg/s average output garbage for a cool steam vent? I seem to have gotten some rotten luck. If analysis didn't take so long I'd replace it with sandbox mode.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 14, 2020

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
According to the wiki that's on the high end of average.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Am I going crazy here or is there not a conveyor bridge?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
There is a bridge, your eyes might be skipping over it in the Shipping tab. It gets unlocked the same time as the rails.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Azuth0667 posted:

Am I going crazy here or is there not a conveyor bridge?

What they really need is an object sensor and 'shut off valve' for shipping. I think there's a few mods for shipping now that handle that sort of thing, but it really should be in the base game.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't have much experience using conveyers but I've had them work either really well or entirely worthless depending on how well I match input and output volume.

I did math on the exact amount of calories I needed to feed my dupes and the exact number of crops that would supply those calories. The conveyer belts that went from my farms to my kitchen worked perfectly and made it so my chef could just stand there and cook while ingredients were delivered to him automatically.

The conveyers I've used that have delivered materials in excess of what I consumed just jammed up and took up needless space when they filled up with stuff and it ended up not really helping anything. I probably just need some sweepers at the end to unload the conveyers to a larger storage space.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
My new stupid objective is to fill the oil biome with Wheezeworts so that my dupes can comfortably walk around and extract the black gold without me having to make atmo suits for them, because I'm all about efficiency.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Agent355 posted:

I don't have much experience using conveyers but I've had them work either really well or entirely worthless depending on how well I match input and output volume.

I did math on the exact amount of calories I needed to feed my dupes and the exact number of crops that would supply those calories. The conveyer belts that went from my farms to my kitchen worked perfectly and made it so my chef could just stand there and cook while ingredients were delivered to him automatically.

The conveyers I've used that have delivered materials in excess of what I consumed just jammed up and took up needless space when they filled up with stuff and it ended up not really helping anything. I probably just need some sweepers at the end to unload the conveyers to a larger storage space.

The latter is what they are designed for really. That and the new conveyor drop points so they just dump their contents on the floor somewhere. There's not nearly enough controls in place for them to be exact like that; just ship everything somewhere and let it sort itself out at the end.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Xanderkish posted:

My new stupid objective is to fill the oil biome with Wheezeworts so that my dupes can comfortably walk around and extract the black gold without me having to make atmo suits for them, because I'm all about efficiency.

Couple things here:

1. Wheezeworts will be basically useless because there is way too much latent heat in that area. What you really need to do is pump the existing oil through aqua tuners in significant quantities and then just steam turbine that heat away. Like you'll need 100s of wheezes to put a dent in the latent heat in the bottom-of-map oil biome. Even the aquatuners will be crazy inefficient for removing that much heat.

2. Suits right at the exit of your living area is by far the best route because environment stress isn't mainly temperature related; it's liquids and gasses. Getting wet at any point is a negative modifier, and holding your breath is a gigantic killer of dupe efficiency. Burns are just a more visible piece of the puzzle. This isn't even factoring in that dupes with suit training get +10 digging for no negatives. The Runspeed malus is completely negated by suit training and all CO2 production is cut while in the suit, meaning less random C02 clouds to look at.

I really cannot sing the praises enough from the exit of your living section looking something like this:

As a side note; they really wrote morale out of the game with the recreation stuff. My lowest standing morale currently is 48, my highest is 74 :eyepop:

Mazz fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 14, 2020

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Mazz posted:

Couple things here:

1. Wheezeworts will be basically useless because there is way too much latent heat in that area. What you really need to do is pump the existing oil through aqua tuners in significant quantities and then just steam turbine that heat away. Like you'll need 100s of wheezes to put a dent in the latent heat in the bottom-of-map oil biome. Even the aquatuners will be crazy inefficient for removing that much heat.

2. Suits right at the exit of your living area is by far the best route because environment stress isn't mainly temperature related; it's liquids and gasses. Getting wet at any point is a negative modifier, and holding your breath is a gigantic killer of dupe efficiency. Burns are just a more visible piece of the puzzle. This isn't even factoring in that dupes with suit training get +10 digging for no negatives. The Runspeed malus is completely negated by suit training and all CO2 production is cut while in the suit, meaning less random C02 clouds to look at.

I really cannot sing the praises enough from the exit of your living section looking something like this:

As a side note; they really wrote morale out of the game with the recreation stuff. My lowest standing morale currently is 48, my highest is 74 :eyepop:

Holy poo poo you can use light nymphs for solar panels

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Xanderkish posted:

Holy poo poo you can use light nymphs for solar panels

The power generation per nymph is terrible but with enough of them it pans out. When I get home today I’ll share my running waterfall thing we talked about a few months back. It’s getting up to power now and I’m expanding it out so the middle panels get ALL the Nymphs.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
This game is amazing. So many interlocking systems.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I figured debris in space wouldn't impact FPS too much since it was all in vacuum. HAHA nope, I gained 15-20fps cleaning up a thousand tons of space crap.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
So the shine bug power area is a couple different things intertwined:

Shine bugs do indeed power solar panels but at like 2w a bug, so you need a way to contain them without hitting the overcrowded debuff. This waterfall trick is from the Klei forums and a couple dudes much smarter than me (mathimanican or whatever is the main dude and incredible at this poo poo). You exploit the water physics to get the permanent waterfalls which traps the bugs in the vertical columns which you surround with solar panels. Add enough bugs and you get more and more power out of the panels.

You need an absolute shitload of bugs to actually get usable amounts of power, and that's where those ranches to the left come in. Those are just egg breeding areas with some extra panels to fill in the ranch space with something useful. To the left of the ranches is 6 incubators so that I always have a replenishing supply of bugs to occupy the ranches; this is important as ALL other eggs are dumped into the waterfall trap. By setting the incubators to priority 8 (and disabling all power to them via automation) they turn into egg holders; you then set the conveyor loader to priority 6 or 7 and allow manual loading. At the other end you just let the eggs sit until they hatch, and then sweeper arm out the shells into someplace accessible. You need to block access to the egg area or they'll just constantly be picked up by dupes to be refilled into the loader in a endless, pointless cycle.

This is what it looks like when you open the available space so the bugs have 12 tiles each (this removes the overcrowded buff).

Right now I'm getting 20-30 watts per panel but I have 75+ eggs waiting to hatch; I'm also expanding the second part which should double the output of the middle panels once I get eggs in both. I'm breeding each type of shine bug currently; abyss are pointless for this trick but I need to keep breeding them until I can get a radiant from them and swap it out.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 15, 2020

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Mazz posted:

So the shine bug power area is a couple different things intertwined:

Shine bugs do indeed power solar panels but at like 2w a bug, so you need a way to contain them without hitting the overcrowded debuff. This waterfall trick is from the Klei forums and a couple dudes much smarter than me (mathimanican or whatever is the main dude and incredible at this poo poo). You exploit the water physics to get the permanent waterfalls which traps the bugs in the vertical columns which you surround with solar panels. Add enough bugs and you get more and more power out of the panels.

You need an absolute shitload of bugs to actually get usable amounts of power, and that's where those ranches to the left come in. Those are just egg breeding areas with some extra panels to fill in the ranch space with something useful. To the left of the ranches is 6 incubators so that I always have a replenishing supply of bugs to occupy the ranches; this is important as ALL other eggs are dumped into the waterfall trap. By setting the incubators to priority 8 (and disabling all power to them via automation) they turn into egg holders; you then set the conveyor loader to priority 6 or 7 and allow manual loading. At the other end you just let the eggs sit until they hatch, and then sweeper arm out the shells into someplace accessible. You need to block access to the egg area or they'll just constantly be picked up by dupes to be refilled into the loader in a endless, pointless cycle.

This is what it looks like when you open the available space so the bugs have 12 tiles each (this removes the overcrowded buff).

Right now I'm getting 20-30 watts per panel but I have 75+ eggs waiting to hatch; I'm also expanding the second part which should double the output of the middle panels once I get eggs in both. I'm breeding each type of shine bug currently; abyss are pointless for this trick but I need to keep breeding them until I can get a radiant from them and swap it out.

This is really interesting. I haven't run the numbers but won't you be better off sticking with plain old shine bugs? Radiant bugs live longer but they also take a lot longer to breed. Also I'm curious to see the impact to your framerate once it really gets going.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's the best way to e sure that for a critter ranch of size N my dupes only sweep and eat the N+1th egg?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Han Nehi posted:

This is really interesting. I haven't run the numbers but won't you be better off sticking with plain old shine bugs? Radiant bugs live longer but they also take a lot longer to breed. Also I'm curious to see the impact to your framerate once it really gets going.

For the radiant vs reg, I started breeding them before the waterfall came about and I lucked into each egg type from the 2% roll. At this point I just want radiant to replace the abyss since abyss produce no light, aka purely OCD/aesthetics :v: I assume on pure efficiency you just just stick to shine/sun bugs, yeah.

As for the FPS, I haven’t noticed it yet but I’m thinking I’m going to look for a bug dimmer mod just so it’s less unbearable to look at when the bugs are emitting at full power. I can wall in the ranch to shut them off as a failsafe currently.

Shumagorath posted:

What's the best way to e sure that for a critter ranch of size N my dupes only sweep and eat the N+1th egg?

There are critter sensors, and some mods on the workshop for this, but my trick is to get my animals count up to speed then set all eggs to be swept into a storage container in my kitchen. I then build an incubator in each ranch that is clock sensor’d to be off forever and set to a priority 1 higher than the kitchen storage. This will ensure 1 egg is always in the incubator, and a powered down incubator will still hatch eggs at the normal rate. If my count drops, I just power up the incubator for 10-20% of the day and turn the priority up so a dupe lullaby’s it. You should generally be able to hold a ranch pop steady with an incubator per ranch. At this point I absolutely don’t give a poo poo about my exact ranch pops/production though so YMMV in terms of min/maxing, say, plastic or coal. From a macro perspective the system functions as hoped.

This has the added benefit of all extra eggs being suffocated in the kitchen storage and cracking open into raw egg at 0% viability, removing the need for an egg cracker entirely and putting the raw eggs into my fridges/CO2 trap immediately.

This single storage can also hold all seeds you ever produce, as eggs and seeds weigh virtually nothing. I ship via conveyor all edibles and seeds to my kitchen from my farms, making them nice and clean.

On a side note, incubators don’t actually do anything at all other than trigger a dupe to lullaby, which is the 25% growth boost. You should clock sensor all incubators down to <20% of a cycle so you don’t waste a shitload of power on them doing nothing. I tend to power them down completely or stagger them (20% for 20% of day, etc) so power load is low/static throughout the cycle.

I also have a Morb/Puft ranch design that is at 75 Morbs and counting, I’ll share again later today once I can get some screens.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 15, 2020

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
This may be a bit of an odd question, but what draws you to making such complex designs? These are easily more complex than what a lot of people do, and possibly more complex than is needed for a lot of the game. Why do you work so much on them, Morb?

Not criticizing, just genuinely curious.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

This may be a bit of an odd question, but what draws you to making such complex designs? These are easily more complex than what a lot of people do, and possibly more complex than is needed for a lot of the game. Why do you work so much on them, Morb?

I can't speak for Morb, but after a long day of thinking about complex systems I like to kick back and think about complex systems.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
There's something very fulfilling about making a system in this game that can go for thousands of cycles without being touched, even if it's totally unnecessary.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Okay, so it looks like I slipped a decimal in the math about my previously-reported four-turbine volcano-heat powerplant, and instead of lasting for another 400 cycles it was 40. My magma reservoir is now a chunk of somewhat-warm igneous rock which I haven't bothered to dig out yet, now a couple hundred cycles after retiring the turbines.

Instead I turned that grace time provided by tanked natural gas and petroleum to finally get around to building my bespoke pressurized habitat for 32 dupes; 15 toilets and hand sanitizers in three bathrooms, two shower rooms of the same length for a total of 22 showers, 32 individual 4x4 bedrooms with comfy beds and diamond Aero Pots, an empty floor for an expansion bathroom and another with space to build another 8 bedrooms into it, Great Hall with 32 tables, water cooler, and fridges (can seat 40 if the food storage is moved in advance), Rec Room with some cool poo poo, an empty floor intended to be the kitchen when I get around to moving it, plus an oversized utility area and some other empty space against future needs. All encased in igneous insulated tiles, with a 32-dock suit checkpoint at the top and transit tube station just outside.

I've gone through several iterations of ventilation; when the structure was being built (and then rebuilt when I finally caught that a 2x6 room with a comfy bed and a painting is still a Barracks) it was in the shell of a biome I had dug through and hollowed out for Rust, full of medium-pressure spillover oxygen and hydrogen, with a mean temperature of -10C. First I just diverted the output of two oxygen machines (not self-powered or optimized, just two pumps in a sealed room with an electrolyzer) to the area; during construction this wound up raising the mean temperature quite a bit, and as the Bedrooms were prepared I started moving dupes into them and bulldozing the old barracks. I had all the service rooms functioning and the structure inhabited for about 50-60 cycles before finally finishing the initial oxygen lines and sealing the whole thing up.

I even cleverly broke up the 32 docks into groups of 8 for oxygen delivery, wound up with the structure down to about 200g/tile pressure, then realized I'd accidentally used bridges to prioritize filling suits over pumping the habitat up to standard vent pressure. Four cycles of that and now so little O2 is going to the suits that I've got 20+ dupes idle at midday; so turn off the suit dock. There's still fucktons of oxygen out there, and the reverse-rusting room I set up back in cycle 200 or something is set up to constantly run and spew O2 into the old living spaces, so that it can provide some Iron Ore for the smooth hatches to eat.

Dupes explode out of the airlock and overwhelm the tube system, tear through all the exterior tasks, and now I've got four oxygen machines, each with its own standard vent in the Hab being preferentially fed, and each splitting the rest of its flow into the suit docks. It's cycle 1083, half of the suits are full again, 300,000 kcal of Mushrooms stored plus 1,800,000 kcal of Fried Mushrooms, we're staring down the barrel of an energy crisis, and also I don't have a cooling system in place for the Hab. Once those are solved, though, I'm placed to actually try space stuff for the first time!

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

TBH I think some of it is the art style. They are these cute little dopey dupes bopping around being adorable, and the juxtaposition of that with the sheer complexity of these systems being built is a lot of the draw for me.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Xanderkish posted:

A lot of it just clicks with my brain, and I get a lot out of the whole function + form combination of it all. Finding a balance between those things has always been my thing in games, I have a house mod for Skyrim that is like this x1000 and it was pretty popular because of it (bit outdated now and modding in Skyrim will burn you out bad after awhile so it’s languishing a bit). It’s also neat to see what’s possible. Being able to set all this up so you never need to interact with it again is just fun, especially in a game that goes out of its way to make that the challenge.

It’s also very much how people approach the game. A lot of people just kind of build what they need to survive and send off some rockets, then more or less move on. Other people, like me, just continuously build and rebuild new and more complex (not always better) designs for things as a creativity outlet. I have 1000 hours in this game and I’ve never hosed with rockets because I see that as something I can always work on later, instead I’m trying out new poo poo like giant centralized HVAC systems and nymph based power plants.

Neither approach is wrong at all, and I really think it speaks to how incredible of a game this actually is. There is so much loving potential and there are people doing things on the Klei forums that just straight up don’t make sense in how creative they are. As I said I have 1000 hours in this game and still learn poo poo or realize better ways of doing things every single time I play/read about it.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 15, 2020

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The biggest thing I wish I had was a "move this entire box-selected-section" because man was my base covered with off by one errors that were too tedious/dangerous to correct.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

There's also the whole second part of the game which is sandbox mode. I've spent hours and hours in there designing stuff that I'll probably never use in a normal game.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bhodi posted:

The biggest thing I wish I had was a "move this entire box-selected-section" because man was my base covered with off by one errors that were too tedious/dangerous to correct.

I eventually chose to build a completely separate living quarters from the ground up specifically because of this issue. Initial base was thrown together in response to whatever looming crisis was most immediate so had lots of little problems like tile miscounts, piping being nonsensical long-term or an entire section that was built around a capped off CO2 geyser I didn't know was there at first. Takes a while to build everything over again but without having to use it immediately I can build stuff with big-picture ideas in mind and rebuild little screw ups without any problems.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

insta posted:

I took some screenshots of the super-compact tuner build I'm using scattered around my base. This one is for cooling an arbor farm on Oasisse, but it has a similar one elsewhere that cools my entire living quarters. Neither of them is taxed very hard, and both are using gold amalgam aquatuners. The compactness of the build means the turbine is not as power-positive as it could be, but I have a literal million kg of coal from my 12-bay hatchfarm (again, Oasisse) so I'm not hurting for power. It costs maybe 800 watts to run when cooling (vs. maybe 500 if it was built at peak-efficency).

There's 600 kilos of oil and 600 kilos of water in the chamber before capping it with tiles. No vacuuming necessary.

This is amazing, I need to start using this. The one I use now takes forever to build and is a giant pain in the rear end.

And I know people talk about the liquid on a vent trick, but I can't seem to find a good explanation for it. Does anyone have a screen shot? I have a couple natural gas vents I really want to use and it's pain to store that much natural gas.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

seaborgium posted:

This is amazing, I need to start using this. The one I use now takes forever to build and is a giant pain in the rear end.

And I know people talk about the liquid on a vent trick, but I can't seem to find a good explanation for it. Does anyone have a screen shot? I have a couple natural gas vents I really want to use and it's pain to store that much natural gas.

Put down a 5 tile wide/1 tile high U shaped tile wall. Put the vent in there. Build a storage container next to vent, set it to store 2 kg of Ice at priority 9. When ice is delivered, it will immediately melt and displace to 666g of water per tile. Remove storage setting to stop any new ice, deconstruct storage. Hook up input, vent will never overpressure again. Enclose in any size room you want.

You can play with dimensions/design from there, the only rule is you need less than 2000g of liquid in front of vent though you also want a minimum of like 250g or the liquid will displace a lot and act weird.

Ice is much easier to work with than a bottle emptier as you have exact control of quantity. Auto bottle is 200kg and way overkill.

EDIT: poo poo text diagram. X is tile

X VS X
XXXXX

Mazz fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 16, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a bug with wrangling? I mark a wild drecko for wrangling, prioritize the delivery at 7 and the animal gets bound. Then someone else runs along, does the bagging animation and drops it right where they found it. My drecko ranch is behind an atmo suit dock with otherwise good pathing...?

Edit: It might have had something to do with dupe individual priorities. I dropped everyone except my doctor's doctoring down to 1 up from 2 and it seems to have worked.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 17, 2020

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
What's the best source of water for an early game spom?

The slush geyser that is always beside my base is gonna be dormant for a while.

I actually don't know if I could play this game without a close cool slush geyser. I depend on it for so much.

E: be prepared to do lots of mopping trying to get the water over vent trick set up. It's a small enough amount of water that it doesn't always spread to all the spaces.

Smiling Demon
Jun 16, 2013
Early game implies unsustainable so I recommend pools of water lying around you. If your asteroid has slime biomes you can send the polluted water pools through a sieve and use that. You could try the same with salt water pools if you have them, but the desalinator has a 40C minimum output temperature that you might want to avoid.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

insta posted:

I took some screenshots of the super-compact tuner build I'm using scattered around my base. This one is for cooling an arbor farm on Oasisse, but it has a similar one elsewhere that cools my entire living quarters. Neither of them is taxed very hard, and both are using gold amalgam aquatuners. The compactness of the build means the turbine is not as power-positive as it could be, but I have a literal million kg of coal from my 12-bay hatchfarm (again, Oasisse) so I'm not hurting for power. It costs maybe 800 watts to run when cooling (vs. maybe 500 if it was built at peak-efficency).

There's 600 kilos of oil and 600 kilos of water in the chamber before capping it with tiles. No vacuuming necessary.

This is a really dumb question, but how do you fill the loop with polluted water? I can get it in there and moving, but I tried to extend it and the whole thing just jammed up when I tried to fill it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

seaborgium posted:

This is a really dumb question, but how do you fill the loop with polluted water? I can get it in there and moving, but I tried to extend it and the whole thing just jammed up when I tried to fill it up.

A liquid reservoir in the loop helps to smooth out the temperature and keep things moving. Add in more bridges so that the fluid has only one path to travel, and remove 1-2 pipe sections of water if all else fails. When adding to the loop, it also helps to do so via putting the output of a bridge onto the loop so that it will just fill in the blank spots.