Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

I just donated $27 for the first time. Just disgusted with the establishment at this point. CNN is the enemy of the people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

This is backfiring hard on Warren. Any random idiot off the street could've heard this plan and gone "...what? No that's a terrible idea. Don't do that." but she went and paid some moron god knows how much money to completely up-end whatever slim chance she might have had at pulling off the unity candidate angle.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Any other debate day, or any other day?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The trick to getting your donation to Warren refunded is to have never BEEN SO loving STUPID AS TO GIVE HER YOUR MONEY YOU FOOLS.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Well I'm certainly happy that Bernie was able to make lemonade out of lemons. He earned enough for a 3rd vacation home tonight.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

BadOptics posted:

The trick to getting your donation to Warren refunded is to have never BEEN SO loving STUPID AS TO GIVE HER YOUR MONEY YOU FOOLS.

i wanna say this is too antagonistic but yeah we should just get the struggle session over with

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm short on cash but tall on time so I signed up to volunteer for Bernie here in Colorado. I'm doing my part!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Wicked Them Beats posted:

This is backfiring hard on Warren. Any random idiot off the street could've heard this plan and gone "...what? No that's a terrible idea. Don't do that." but she went and paid some moron god knows how much money to completely up-end whatever slim chance she might have had at pulling off the unity candidate angle.

It's definitely backfiring hard among the Extremely Online Left, but many voters are getting their information from CNN etc, or just hearing secondhand from people who watch CNN and are "more informed". It remains to be seen how this will affect people's opinions, so we should all remain armed with the facts and prepared to cogently explain them to anyone who has bought into the manufactured controversy.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

BadOptics posted:

I thought I was stupid for giving $4.20 to Gravel but at least that got turned into funny buttons or was directed towards Flint. What did donating to Warren get anyone? A mealy-mouthed "universal" health plan and an attempt to knife the one actual leftist in the race.

OctaMurk posted:

It's definitely backfiring hard among the Extremely Online Left, but many voters are getting their information from CNN etc, or just hearing secondhand from people who watch CNN and are "more informed". It remains to be seen how this will affect people's opinions, so we should all remain armed with the facts and prepared to cogently explain them to anyone who has bought into the manufactured controversy.

Eh, it's not like they haven't tried this before. And each time it turns out that everyone under the age of 70 holds the media in as much contempt as they do anyone in the political establishment. The odds that this does anything to Bernie are slim, and I'd say the odds he goes up after this are better than the odds of him losing support.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BadOptics posted:

Just charge her campaign back.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I just donated $27 for the first time. Just disgusted with the establishment at this point. CNN is the enemy of the people!

Part of the reason Republicans don't know how to deal with Bernie Sanders (or leftists in general) is that a lot of their mental conception of "Democrats/the left" is tied up in the Democratic/liberal establishment and many of its genuinely bad and off-putting characteristics. So all their deeply held cultural distaste for Democrats don't land as well.

This certainly isn't to say they'd ever support Sanders, but I don't think they'll be able to muster up as much rage towards him as they do towards most other Democrats (which might impact turn-out - you won't see the same turn-out motivated by anti-Sanders sentiment as you did turn-out motivated by anti-Hillary sentiment probably).

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I sent an email to info@elizabethwarren.com inquiring how to get my donation refunded. Now, I’ve never actually donated to her but I figure the more her campaign staff has to field emails like that, the more they will send the message up the chain that she done hosed up.

Yeah it’s dumb but it took me like 2 seconds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Debates don’t change the polls. And virtually nobody watches the debates.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Wicked Them Beats posted:

This has been another moment of Dealing With Clinton Staffers.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I maxed out on my contributions to Bernie today.

I wish I had donated to Warren so I could get refunded.

This election cycle has been hard for me. I've been right so often. In 2004, 2008, 2016 . . . but this cycle I have hope and I believe. It makes me scared.

Edit: I go to wine country regularly. I would love for Bernie to have a wine jug summit on Sonoma Square. BYOB. The anti wine cave.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

BadOptics posted:

:hmmyes: tho tbf I kinda feel like I'm missing out not demanding my money back but not enough to regret never giving her any money

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Were there ever any Warren supporters in this thread?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

We've migrated to the dnd discord for the most part.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Just chucked another $10 Bernie's way.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BadOptics posted:

I TOLD YOU MOTHERFUCKAS BERNIE STILL HAS A SHOT

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1217314567791030273

We need to tax these people until they can't live in LA or NYC anymore.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I was split early on when she was still running much further left

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I donated $50 earlier today because of all the Liz bullshit, but I had to throw in another $50 during the debate because of how awful CNN is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Glumslinger posted:

I was split early on when she was still running much further left

This is me. I was big on Warren when the campaign first started but she has just been drifting further to the center. She's still a better option than every other candidate than Bernie but that ain't saying much.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I leaned towards her for a while but have become very disillusioned as a result of all the tomfoolery lately. I don't really want to be full-on Bernie or Bust, but so far he's the only candidate who I feel even somewhat champions my political beliefs in a reliable, honest and consistent way. I wish leftism in the U.S. wasn't such a wasteland.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Mahoning posted:

I sent an email to info@elizabethwarren.com inquiring how to get my donation refunded. Now, I’ve never actually donated to her

Rofl

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I probably liked Warren and Bernie about equal maybe 6 months ago. Boy has that changed. I donated my first money to Bernie not long ago and will continue to support him. Warren is dead to me.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Warren lost a ton of support when she abandoned M4A, but media has been painting it as Warren losing support because she couldn't explain her funding mechanism or because M4A is really unpopular. Of course Bernie has doubled down on M4A and even told the country that he's going to tax everyone to pay for it and his support is soaring but they don't want to talk about that.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

youcallthatatwist posted:

I leaned towards her for a while but have become very disillusioned as a result of all the tomfoolery lately. I don't really want to be full-on Bernie or Bust, but so far he's the only candidate who I feel even somewhat champions my political beliefs in a reliable, honest and consistent way. I wish leftism in the U.S. wasn't such a wasteland.

Embrace your truth.

One of us

One of us

Not me us

Not me us.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Human communication and memory are imperfect and there are plenty of times where I have walked away from a conversation with a different understanding than the other person; there are also plenty of times where my recollection or perception of something that happened two years ago has probably changed with time.

I'm not voting for Warren because she backed down from M4A, but I dont think she is necessarily a liar. This whole controversy seems manufactured by CNN.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo: @ her door prize being the running-mate for loser Biden.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

youcallthatatwist posted:

Bernie or bust

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
That debate was loving garbage CNN is garbage

Donated to Bernie, again, and will continue to do so each week because gently caress them :bernin:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

John Legend is a loving rear end in a top hat.

He wouldn't even get taxed under Warren's plan.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

OctaMurk posted:

Human communication and memory are imperfect and there are plenty of times where I have walked away from a conversation with a different understanding than the other person; there are also plenty of times where my recollection or perception of something that happened two years ago has probably changed with time.

I'm not voting for Warren because she backed down from M4A, but I dont think she is necessarily a liar. This whole controversy seems manufactured by CNN.

The story was literally sourced from 4 anonymous staffers in her campaign that got their story from... Liz. That doesn't get out unless they want it to get out.

Its one thing to say they may have walked away feeling differently about how a conversation played out, but maybe you call your friend and clear the air before blasting it out to the world.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1217314567791030273

We need to tax these people until they can't live in LA or NYC anymore.

Joke's on you, Colbert lives in Montclair.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Johnny Bravo posted:

That debate was loving garbage CNN is garbage

Donated to Bernie, again, and will continue to do so each week because gently caress them :bernin:

day 1 of a sanders' presidency should include ripping up cnn's corporate charter

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Is there any way I can donate cash to the campaign without a credit card?

Don't ask.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

volts5000 posted:

Don't ask.

i know obama told stories about people mailing him small donations.

contact a campaign person before you do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

volts5000 posted:

Don't ask.

Probably would have to buy a Visa cash card or something?