Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I teach kindergarteners with more insight than these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1217325186669776896?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

comedyblissoption posted:

if my civics and us history classes are any indication, americans have it drilled into their heads that COMPROMISE is a goal unto itself

no one is happy so it must be good

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Mar 4, 2020

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Jesus loving Christ

What a shitshow

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Over Easy posted:

Jesus loving Christ

What a shitshow

:emptyquote:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

This was loving stunning to me lol

I mean CNN ran the hitpiece and I knew they were probably gonna try to play it up during the debate but is a little subtlety too much to ask? gently caress

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cool another reid staffer

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

love for my closest ally to blatantly lie about me to try to get me #cancelled

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

All the "how could you be rude to your closest ally" poo poo from from the Warren hogs is gonna give me a loving aneurysm in my brain

Jesus Christ I'm dissociating.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1217435457866387456

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

interesting timing from the Vox team

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1217409398630420480?s=21

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

theyre on break

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

oh god it was the 30 thing wasn’t it.

the balls man

Which comment was this?

edit

Ah, right, not in the actual debate

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean CNN ran the hitpiece and I knew they were probably gonna try to play it up during the debate but is a little subtlety too much to ask? gently caress
i assume anderson cooper who still has a tiny iota of conscience left felt existentially embarrassed the entire night

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

this really is the one good thing that came out of liz's heel turn, any objective observer not in the tank for warren would see this clearly as setting him up in the least fair way possible

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Kinda worried this turns into a knife fight between Warren and Sanders instead of just going after Biden

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

Klobuchar Kween Krew

Awful candidate but their mardi gras parties are legendary.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Kinda worried this turns into a knife fight between Warren and Sanders instead of just going after Biden
it'll be a one-sided fight since Bernie's campaign is focused on Biden

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1217322562792779777?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

More, more!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

StashAugustine posted:

this is certainly in CNNs interests and warren fell for it hook line and sinker

sanders and warren really need to setup another private meeting to figure this out, its only going to get worse

also, sanders needs to bring a tape recorder

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

StashAugustine posted:

They might dust up for a day or two but his campaign was very disciplined staying on-message against Biden when Warren leaked this to CNN. We just need to volunteer as much as we can and try to persuade whomever we can.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1217321228278480897?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jbview/status/1217441425937313793

stupid paywall

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KatieHill4CA/status/1217267322785652736

this take sucks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Honestly not a bad gang tag.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Warren just lost all support from the left and torpedoed her campaign.

Maybe CNN's imaginary Bernie that said women can't be president was right???
:thunk:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Would it have been a good idea for Bernie to have taken a moment to clarify what he actually said to Warren that she apparently "interpreted" as "women can't win," or would that have been perceived as giving up too much ground?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Mar 4, 2020

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 02:27 on Mar 4, 2020

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Harrow posted:

Would it have been a good idea for Bernie to have taken a moment to clarify what he actually said to Warren that she apparently "interpreted" as "women can't win," or would that have been perceived as giving up too much ground?

that wouldve been bad and he would take a hit to his credibility

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1217426521209569281?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Thinking about those "female leadership will lead to peace" takes

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Harrow posted:

He's firmly denying it. She is being cagey in her wording saying that it happened. The onus is on Warren to clarify. Especially since she initiated the hit.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

The straight denial was better - it forces Warren to either make the clarification herself, which would out her as being a liar, or, as what she ended up doing during the debate, try to split the difference between accusing Bernie of lying and still acknowledging that it happened.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Obviously you're better at leading if you're dumb enough to be tricked by George W. Bush.

:hmmyes:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Harrow posted:

no, he was right to stick to his guns. she also won't say exactly what it was he said, so its down to a credibility check, and i think most people know bernie's whole deal and are going to believe him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Harrow posted:

Absolutely the latter. He answered perfectly in being unequivocal that he didn't say it and reminding people he wanted Warren to run in 2015. If it's he said she said, then it's a question of character between the guy who is known for consistency versus a known serial liar.