Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I solved a problem in Disco Elysium by taking off my pants. That was fun.
It's the jump you have to do to get your jacket/into the docks. My pants gave me - Savoir Faire and they were my only pair so off they went

Also I'm running 4-4-2-2 because I'm too much of a coward to run 5-5-1-1 Also if I did the ceiling fan would have killed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I want to say that I am mending things with my LDR partner. During Wrestle Kingdom, we weren't talking. The weeks since, we've been doing cursory texts and long, complicated emails.

We just had our first video call since that wasn't awkward or weird or full of hurt. I don't think we've managed to resolve everything, but we are getting back to normal for now.

...root canal tomorrow still though aaaaaaa I hope it goes well

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I got My Time At Portia (a third person build em up which takes cues from things like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon) in a Humble Bundle and it's the most fun I've had in a video game for a long time for a couple of reasons:

• It's all organised around helping people and being useful and I'm a weirdo who attaches a LOAD of self worth to how useful I am to others.
  • The "building" mechanic isn't just "get the ingredients and make the thing". There's processing that takes time, some things have to be assembled, there's things you get to grow, which stops it feeling like a grindathon and makes it feel like problem solving
  • The setting is amazing. it's the first time I've played a game that feels both cozy and postapocalyptic at the same time
  • The friendship mechanic (where people like you more for doing things for them, or talking to them, or when you build something they think is pretty) looked like it was going to disappoint me and then really impressed me. Some people in the game have their friendship represented by stars and others by hearts, signifying who could potentially be a romantic option for your character. When I first started, I thought this was going to be another dull aspect where if your character is a man you can only have women as romantic options and vice versa, but it actually does something more subtle. The people ruled out as romantic options are married, or widowed but not wanting to remarry, or celibate, or in one case asexual. Anyone else is an option, and there are characters in the game who definitely have same sex crushes etc. All good things for letting people be themselves in the game.
  • There's a bear in a dressing gown who becomes your friend. As a fan of sleepytime tea this is ideal

So yeah, play this silly farming and building game.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

My local library had Ni No Kuni for the PS3 and I grabbed it. No disc inside :negative:

Guess I'll just go with NIER as was my original plan.

It turns out, as it often does, that it's actually me who's the dumb-dumb. You were supposed to ask for the disc at the counter :downs: The librarian said it's because of "reasons", heh

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Lamuella posted:

I got My Time At Portia (a third person build em up which takes cues from things like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon) in a Humble Bundle and it's the most fun I've had in a video game for a long time for a couple of reasons:

• It's all organised around helping people and being useful and I'm a weirdo who attaches a LOAD of self worth to how useful I am to others.
  • The "building" mechanic isn't just "get the ingredients and make the thing". There's processing that takes time, some things have to be assembled, there's things you get to grow, which stops it feeling like a grindathon and makes it feel like problem solving
  • The setting is amazing. it's the first time I've played a game that feels both cozy and postapocalyptic at the same time
  • The friendship mechanic (where people like you more for doing things for them, or talking to them, or when you build something they think is pretty) looked like it was going to disappoint me and then really impressed me. Some people in the game have their friendship represented by stars and others by hearts, signifying who could potentially be a romantic option for your character. When I first started, I thought this was going to be another dull aspect where if your character is a man you can only have women as romantic options and vice versa, but it actually does something more subtle. The people ruled out as romantic options are married, or widowed but not wanting to remarry, or celibate, or in one case asexual. Anyone else is an option, and there are characters in the game who definitely have same sex crushes etc. All good things for letting people be themselves in the game.
  • There's a bear in a dressing gown who becomes your friend. As a fan of sleepytime tea this is ideal

So yeah, play this silly farming and building game.

Was thinking about grabbing this if it goes on sale. Thanks for the recommendation

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That sounds extremely my jam, thanks for the rec friend

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I spent way too much time tonight playing SuperHot, game is addictive as hell

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I enjoyed some devil’s lettuce and now I can’t do math, if I have 4 things and have to make combinations of 2 of them (without doubling up) there are only 6 combinations right?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
an easy way to work this problem out is to simply add the two numbers you're working with together. so yes, there are only 6 possibilities.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Drew McIntyre posted:

an easy way to work this problem out is to simply add the two numbers you're working with together. so yes, there are only 6 possibilities.

This is good to know, thank you.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

This is good to know, thank you.

i don't know if that's actually true or not. there are only 6 possibilities, but my methodology was a lie based on coincidence. i'm sorry.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it absolutely isn’t true for just about any other case, and the easiest proof is that 2C2 is 1, not 4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't figure out what you're all talking about, with the numbers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

God, I was fooled so easily.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I figured out what you were saying and I think there's six combos.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I read 2C2 and thought of the band C2C and would like to share a song now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZm3Mmn-Co

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Going to try making tempura today for the first time. I'll let you know if I die in a giant grease fire explosion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rune Factory on Switch or I riot, motherfucks.

Took a depression day yesterday and played Hollow Knight. Shoulda stuck to Super Metroid imo. The trick with these vania style games is they gotta give you a taste of the cool powers first then take them away so you can appreciate just how powerful you can get if you play the game. Hollow Knight just dumps you in a world where you're puny and weak with no real reason to keep at it.

I'll try Shovel Knight next.

if you got any metroidvania rec's for the switch lemme know. I already 100% Bloodstained, which was good but not enough. ITS NOT ENOUGH.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
sundered, dead cells (kinda), blasphemous

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Dead Cells for sure is a lot of fun. It’s metroidvania-ish but a rogue like; the runs are quick enough to where it’s not a big pain to start over.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

drrockso20 posted:

I spent way too much time tonight playing SuperHot, game is addictive as hell

Update, game gave me what's probably one of the nastiest cases of Tetris Effect I've had in a long time, completely screwed up my ability to sleep

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Magic posted:

Dead Cells for sure is a lot of fun. It’s metroidvania-ish but a rogue like; the runs are quick enough to where it’s not a big pain to start over.

oh god yeah, Dead Cells fuckin rules. the controls are butter smooth so you feel like a real badass when you nail that jump hit jump poo poo. The restart stuff is kinda lame because I basically know how to run one build real well but its still funny when you wreck a boss that gave you so much trouble the first time.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Drew McIntyre posted:

i don't know if that's actually true or not. there are only 6 possibilities, but my methodology was a lie based on coincidence. i'm sorry.

a b c d

ab ac ad
bc bd
cd

6 possible combinations, as long as ab and ba are considered the same combination.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 15, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I did in fact not die and even successfully tempurae’d eggplant, lotus root, carrot and spring onion. Hooray

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

I did in fact not die and even successfully tempurae’d eggplant, lotus root, carrot and spring onion. Hooray
sounds hell of good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love this man

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1217541747774853120

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That's loving awesome.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rune factory 4 is being remastered on switch and rf5 is in development. to the boy a few posts up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

rune factory 4 is being remastered on switch and rf5 is in development. to the boy a few posts up.

Bless

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i spilled water on my razer keyboard the other day and it died. i got a replacement razer that worked until i unplugged it once. i bought another razer on ebay that was the same model as my original, this one also didn't work and had a broken space bar. after returning one keyboard i bought a Corsair and discovered that now my USB ports had stopped working entirely. i've been trying to fix my computer for the past 5 hours and i missed Dynamite and my fingers have to get used to this new keyboard and i think 4 of my usb ports are no longer functional. gently caress razer forever. i hate computers, i'm glad i don't know anything about them that would have helped me in this situation.

i'm sorry for being "real" in this post. please send me some positive energy, or a gift certificate for Rune Factory 5, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Drew McIntyre posted:

i spilled water on my razer keyboard the other day and it died. i got a replacement razer that worked until i unplugged it once. i bought another razer on ebay that was the same model as my original, this one also didn't work and had a broken space bar. after returning one keyboard i bought a Corsair and discovered that now my USB ports had stopped working entirely. i've been trying to fix my computer for the past 5 hours and i missed Dynamite and my fingers have to get used to this new keyboard and i think 4 of my usb ports are no longer functional. gently caress razer forever. i hate computers, i'm glad i don't know anything about them that would have helped me in this situation.

i'm sorry for being "real" in this post. please send me some positive energy, or a gift certificate for Rune Factory 5, coming soon for the Nintendo Switch.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

my keyboard is dead & i can "type" like 10 wpm on a lovely app u have my sympy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry about the usb ports. Sorry about razer. i don't like them. i bought a 130 dollar corsair keyboard about 7 years ago due to living my life in an mmo at that time. it is comfortable and satisfying to use and if it ever breaks i will only use 8 dollar keyboards from then on

if you can't figure out anything else to do and you only need usb ports for plugging in accessories rather than moving data around then consider buying a cheap usb hub to plug into a working port, to expand the amount of ports you have

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven't spent money on keyboards in decades. just fish em out of the trash at universities in may/june when I run low.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't read correctly, that all of your usb ports are dead now. if you can't buy anything else then there are pci express to usb hubs i think. boy that's a real problem you've got

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone on here buy this for Drew McIntyre or buy this for Drew McIntyre.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Drew McIntyre posted:

i hate computers, i'm glad i don't know anything about them that would have helped me in this situation.
I know I've said this before but sometimes I just love your posts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Consider buying one of them things for the post love.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
thank you all for the love. my computer has 8 or 10 usb ports but they're situated all over the place and only 2 out of 6 in the back work now. so i still have some that work.

the phantom 2nd wireless network connection started appearing again after staying away for several years, though. so your prayers worked, but they were misdirected to the wrong component.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress Byleth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i played that game for two weeks after it came out and didn't remember that was the character's name