Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My friend and his boyfriend just got engaged and he asked me to stand at his wedding! He said he just wanted to make sure one of his groomsmen could lift him up in the chair. He's been talking about asking him for like 6 months now and he was really nervous so I'm super happy for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

AngryRobotsInc posted:

It's early, but my day is already made awesome.

I'm early in the process of knitting a blanket for one of my brothers (with another planned for the other one). Sat down to pick it up this morning, and looked at it going "Something isn't right here." I thought I was going to have to start the whole thing over, but I was able to find where I'd made the mistake, and rip out to just past it, and pick up from there. Still a set back, but far, far less of on than starting over entirely would have been.

Nice! There's something extremely satisfying about repairing a knitting mistake - its usually so drat fiddly and so easy for it to go horribly wrong (though that might just be because I am not exactly an expert knitter :blush: )

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Pookah posted:

Nice! There's something extremely satisfying about repairing a knitting mistake - its usually so drat fiddly and so easy for it to go horribly wrong (though that might just be because I am not exactly an expert knitter :blush: )

I keep telling myself I should use lifelines, but then I never do. I was sweating bullets the whole time, because man, picking up stitches in garter stitch is no fun at all.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I keep telling myself I should use lifelines, but then I never do. I was sweating bullets the whole time, because man, picking up stitches in garter stitch is no fun at all.

I know, any time I do it I somehow manage to pick up a bunch of stitches the wrong way around. I tell myself that it just adds character and makes sure that no-one thinks the item was just shop bought. Like that is a thing that anyone would ever think about my knitting.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just finished baking a big ol' batch of cookie dough. Cookies for days!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I keep finding gorgeous Christmas party dresses for half-nothing in thrift shops!

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I have the weekend off work :)

I've worked every night since having 2 off for Thanksgiving, thought for sure I wouldn't have a night off until the 24th with how busy we are. I'm so loving tired and stressed out, I really needed this.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd like to thank whoever gave me a personally crafted jumpscare based on trawling my post history from the last few months - I didn't even notice my av had been changed until I posted from my desktop

I'm not afraid to admit I had a moment

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bought a new winter coat and hat, and got a great haircut. Feelin' pretty awesome. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Peak season is done for the year. Over. A month and a half of torturous days of 15ish hours a day surrounding work, my spine crackling at the end of every day, beaten to a pulp by the onslaught of packages, sorting tens of thousands of packages a day. There's just Monday left, and then the 2-3 weeks of return shipments coming through work, and then it's on to a relatively mundane, hopefully, half dozen months before the summer kicks in and sucks poo poo because labor + summer humidity and heat in a location literally built in the middle of a swamp. but until then, I can look forward to another week of vacation during valentine's day week.

not because I have someone to spend it with, no, that'd be too good. but rather, I get to largely avoid the terrible tidal wave of flowers, shari's berries, and vermont teddy bears shipped by the million to significant others all over the place in the days prior to valentine's day, and that's good enough for me

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I finally am off of lovely rural satellite, and back onto cable internet.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I found out the Witcher is on Netflix and am about to settle in with fuzzy navels and a blanket to binge on it.

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Dec 24, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My parents got a new dog just before christmas so I got to meet her when I went to stay for a few days. :3:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I found a very local (and reasonably priced) source for a perfume I bought in Italy a while back. I'd been rationing it since I had no idea if I'd ever be able to buy more. This store has the entire line in both full-size spray and travel roll-on sizes, so I can try other varieties, too!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I went to SmackDown last night. It was pretty okay and I have no plans on ever going again, but a little kid gave Roman Reigns his lucky penny and everyone was all "omg :kimchi:"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I get to turn in my two weeks' notice this Friday. gently caress the shithole deathtrap of a store I'm in now, gently caress the technologically-illiterate cigarette-marinated shitstains screaming at me for not being able to get them five free phones (with no setup charge or payment for the service plan) half an hour before close, gently caress the management bullying us into overcharging people for lovely phones and crappy insurance that is functionally useless for the first year, gently caress my boss for getting all pissy about me not pushing enough of these chintzy crap 'accessories' on people who can barely afford the phones we sell them. It is going to feel so blissfully good to turn in that paper that says I'm getting the gently caress out. At least I outlasted my predecessor, though---by a whole month -and-a-half! Apparently the record for that location is now six months.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I've been messing around with chiptune trackers, and finally finished a track. It's nothing great, but holy poo poo, I actually composed something! I've wanted to be able to do this for ages!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCZPS68-lU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Just back from a long walk in the cold woods, and to recuperate I had a slice of christmas pudding with brandy cream and it was so SO GOOD

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
It's good to be back.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BzP-DdwLA

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Took yesterday off work to have a nice 3 day weekend (had to work on-call over Christmas week so it was deserved), then found out today in our team meeting that our IT help desk & admin groups got nominated for a company award :v: we were ahead of schedule this past summer/fall with some hardware build-outs & upgrades so it was nice to get a little recognition plus each of us got $200. All in all, not too shabby!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
reflecting on the fact that lowtax and his family personally told me that they like me and enjoy interacting with me on his streams that i moderate. reflecting on the fact that lowtax and i are good friends in general. reflecting on the fact that lowtax and i buy each other games and play them together. reflecting on the fact that lowtax shot me an invite to his plex server.

the haters are completely wrong about me while they melt down again

also, making some letsplays of fighting games with the infamous TheDemoniousX after a nice discord call about fighting games and ourselves.

life is good, yo.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Jan 8, 2020

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
working on some nice ideas, having a blast. added some names to the list. :wedass: bwahahahahaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O1pHC8SZPg

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

We've officially paid off our mortgage! A 30-year mortgage, paid off in just over 18 years. :woop:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
dicking around and robot-ripping with my og /i/nvaders. the grey forums, kick rear end. i love all my friends from thebestgamers.net too. i don't care if i lose the tourney, i have all the friends i need #EbolaCrew

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Hirayuki posted:

We've officially paid off our mortgage! A 30-year mortgage, paid off in just over 18 years. :woop:

congrats, man!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Got some good news about my partner's work, which will make our lives easier.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
having fun with top tier friends on irc and discord today. photoshopping movie posters too

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
shut down an annoying crybaby. seeing and making some good posts. jumping in the war tank with my ebola crew. :palmon:
:nws:EBOLA QUICKSCOPES THE WORLD:nws:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

peep this little fuckin niece i just got

i think that's pee on her eyes or something idk

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Rainbow Knight posted:

Antibiotic ointment, to prevent neonatal pink eye.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Rainbow Knight posted:

peep this little fuckin niece i just got

That's a very excellent baby congratulations! She looks very wise, or maybe just very pissed off idk.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I developed colour film at home for the first time and it came out great.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My game is complete and I just placed my first big-boy order

36 shrink-wrapped tarot-sized cards, a z-fold instruction sheet, 12 double-sided 25mm punch-out tokens, 16 double-sided 18mm punch-out tokens, and 6 dice inside a 2-part shrink-wrapped box ready for shelves. I'm exhausted.

If you want to get a feel for it, this is the PDF that I'll be uploading to as many pirate sites as I can find. If you have access to any appropriate invite-only groups/trackers, you're welcome to share/seed http://www.buddingheroes.com/pdf/budding-heroes-starter-kit.pdf

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

My game is complete and I just placed my first big-boy order

36 shrink-wrapped tarot-sized cards, a z-fold instruction sheet, 12 double-sided 25mm punch-out tokens, 16 double-sided 18mm punch-out tokens, and 6 dice inside a 2-part shrink-wrapped box ready for shelves. I'm exhausted.

If you want to get a feel for it, this is the PDF that I'll be uploading to as many pirate sites as I can find. If you have access to any appropriate invite-only groups/trackers, you're welcome to share/seed http://www.buddingheroes.com/pdf/budding-heroes-starter-kit.pdf

Where can we buy????

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Astrofig posted:

Where can we buy????

There's a mailing list link on the front page of http://buddingheroes.com that will notify you as soon as it's in stock and give you a 40% off coupon. Production/shipping time will take 1~2 months to get here depending on the container ship, and I don't want to hold money for that long as a preorder. I'll have it up on Amazon and direct ordering through the site via a Square web store once it's ready to ship out. Right now I need to get some better product shots with an updated pre-production prototype and write up a sell sheet to send out to retailers

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Pookah posted:

That's a very excellent baby congratulations! She looks very wise, or maybe just very pissed off idk.

It's the look of a lazy baby who was overdue and had my sister in labor for a day and she deserved it for telling on me so much when we were kids :v:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
It's my birthday and I got to eat some drat good food for lunch

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Rainbow Knight posted:

It's the look of a lazy baby who was overdue and had my sister in labor for a day and she deserved it for telling on me so much when we were kids :v:

You really gotta empathize with babies who are obviously just very comfy and want to put off the whole 'being born' thing for as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pookah posted:

You really gotta empathize with babies who are obviously just very comfy and want to put off the whole 'being born' thing for as long as possible.

For real, they don't even know what a downhill ride they're in for and yet they've already got an appropriate strategy worked out