Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I keep thinking I can’t be loving shocked anymore. Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I didn't realize they released a whole second document and holy wow does it paint a picture:
https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20200114_-_parnas_excerpts_translated_slide_deck.pdf

Basically:
1. They (Rudy & pals) were having trouble making inroads with the new government, kept getting blown off by the advisors they were in touch with.
2. Meanwhile Yovanovich was a thorn in the side of former prosecutor Lutsenko, who was supplying them with the supposed Biden dirt in the form of "testimony about transfers".

...and so:
1. They put the military aid on hold to get their attention.
2. They made sure Yovanovich was dealt with.

It also paints a pretty picture about all why Rudy is talking about this Soros crap:

snorch fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 15, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1217452257140256770

Number_6 posted:

Can these recent allegations and newly-discovered (or newly-public) evidence be used in the impeachment trial?

yes, the reason they were released yesterday is that they are being added to the record for the trial

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1217441944542072837

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

snorch posted:

I didn't realize they released a whole second document and holy wow does it paint a picture:
https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20200114_-_parnas_excerpts_translated_slide_deck.pdf

Basically:
1. They (Rudy & pals) were having trouble making inroads with the new government, kept getting blown off by the advisors they were in touch with.
2. Meanwhile Yovanovich was a thorn in the side of former prosecutor Lutsenko, who was supplying them with the supposed Biden dirt in the form of "testimony about transfers".

...and so:
1. They put the military aid on hold to get their attention.
2. They made sure Yovanovich was dealt with.

It also paints a pretty picture about all why Rudy is talking about this Soros crap:

Trump could have dodged this incredibly stupid bullet by throwing Rudy directly under the bus at the earliest opportunity and saying he went rogue but noooooo

Rudy must have some horsefucking blackmail with receipts for Trump to even consider staying loyal to him at this point.

This trial is going to be amazing if poo poo like this keeps coming out.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Personally, I'm hoping that Schiff, Swalwell and Amash are on the list of impeachment managers. (Amash mostly for the hilarious chudosphere rage that would induce.)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

LegionAreI posted:

Trump could have dodged this incredibly stupid bullet by throwing Rudy directly under the bus at the earliest opportunity and saying he went rogue but noooooo

Rudy must have some horsefucking blackmail with receipts for Trump to even consider staying loyal to him at this point.

They've been close for decades. In all likelihood they're tied at the hip

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1217464644018765824

really no idea why they picked some of these specific people, particularly Crow, who seems to only be here because he's both (1) a Troop (2) a lawyer and (3) from Cory Gardner's state

Schiff's lead manager though and has proven he can run this show

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

No Swalwell, Amash, or Maloney?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Not putting Amash in there is a major misstep

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Not to get too :tinfoil: but isn't Parnas Ukranian? Why is he writing in English?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Not to get too :tinfoil: but isn't Parnas Ukranian? Why is he writing in English?

You can hear him speak here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdZraTiORk&t=8s

He's been in the US since he was 3. I imagine he considers English his first language or close to it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lassitude posted:

You can hear him speak here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdZraTiORk&t=8s

He's been in the US since he was 3. I imagine he considers English his first language or close to it.

:ms:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Will the Senate trial be televised?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Glumslinger posted:

These are the people shaping our foreign policy
https://twitter.com/graceloum/status/1217311916097441792

Failed Landscaper.

so...trump hired a failed landscaper to fly around the world with his personal attorney "getting rid of" his friend's political enemies?

I mean that's a larry the cable guy movie waiting to happen.

for the 40 dramas we're going to get about all this poo poo I want ONE three stoogeseque adventure, is that too much to ask?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Will the Senate trial be televised?

yes

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1217475999698423808

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

InsertPotPun posted:

https://twitter.com/graceloum/status/1217311916097441792
for the 40 dramas we're going to get about all this poo poo I want ONE three stoogeseque adventure, is that too much to ask?
Stanning for George Clooney as Lev Parnas.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

oxsnard posted:

Not putting Amash in there is a major misstep
I don't think Amash would want the role, though? House Manager is great for burnishing your party credentials but it seems like he would have the opposite issue.

Swalwell is the more interesting exclusion to me - it seems like he'd want the increased notoriety. Wild primary speculation but maybe he's in the hunt for a VP or administration spot. Seems really early for that though.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tibalt posted:

I don't think Amash would want the role, though? House Manager is great for burnishing your party credentials but it seems like he would have the opposite issue.

Swalwell is the more interesting exclusion to me - it seems like he'd want the increased notoriety. Wild primary speculation but maybe he's in the hunt for a VP or administration spot. Seems really early for that though.

also it remains to be seen what any of these people are actually doing

for instance, if the plan is for Schiff to pretty much run the whole show and be responsible for just delegating certain jobs to the other managers, people like Swalwell/Raskin may have felt they were better off on the outside

who knows if this'll actually happen, but the republican impeachment managers during the clinton trial were famously disorganized and I can certainly imagine this go around, the democrats wanting basically one person to control what's going on and present a unified front

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tibalt posted:

I'm sure Amash wanted it. The people who are the managers are going to get to be on TV a lot and will greatly increase their national profile. Which member of congress doesn't want that?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure Amash wanted it. The people who are the managers are going to get to be on TV a lot and will greatly increase their national profile. Which member of congress doesn't want that?

One that didn't quit?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

mcmagic posted:

Maybe, but he's a conservative (ex) Republican in a conservative district, and he doesn't know how things are going to go. He's already walking a thin line, I can't see him wanting to tie his fate to this.

I just don't seem him pushing hard for a spot, even if the Democrats trusted him enough to give him a spot.

Edit: wait, is Amash retiring? I thought he was still planning to run in 2020 as an independent.

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 15, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
His fate is already tied to it since he voted for it.... That is baked into the cake for the rest of his life lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tibalt posted:

Edit: wait, is Amash retiring? I thought he was still planning to run in 2020 as an independent.

no, he has not announced retirement and has given all indications he's still running

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man I fuckin hate Doug Collins. Grandstanding loving yokel.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

LeeMajors posted:

Man I fuckin hate Doug Collins. Grandstanding loving yokel.

Second only to Trump, I wish nothing but pain and suffering on Doug Collins.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

DandyLion posted:

I vacillate between him and Gym Jordan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DandyLion posted:

Bobby Digital posted:

I vacillate between him and Gym Jordan.

Trump—>McConnell—>Nunes—>Jordan—>Collins—>McCarthy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

LegionAreI posted:

They had an affair and I have proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezO98RvPLU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MrBuddyLee posted:

Stanning for George Clooney as Lev Parnas.
ooooohh....I think a liiittle too literate, but still more fun than we're going to get.

god drat can you picture the dramatic moments? President cheerberder bowing his head slowly as the music swells and we pretend he ever had an emotion that wasn't greed or horniness.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Republican congressmen are exhausting because they all repeat the same party line with the faux solemnity of a sophomore trying to make his last minute presentation on the founding fathers sound deep and meaningful.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Trump—>McConnell—>Nunes—>Jordan—>Collins—>McCarthy

I strongly argue with myself whether I hope Trump or McConnel gets a catastrophically debilitating stroke first. That turtle-faced poo poo head is the smart kind of evil that is rat-loving the nation for decades to come and enjoys every single minute of it because he knows precisely what he is doing.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
If I had to choose, I'd rather it be McConnell first. He's been deliberately injurious to the health of Democracy as a concept for as long as he's been in government and smart enough to play the game shamelessly, Trump or no. Trump is a self-absorbed anxious idiot who couldn't resist staring into an eclipse; he already collapses whenever he has to act on his own and losing McConnell as a strategist would only help get him removed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Most of the evil Trump has done as President is due to McConnell leading him by the hand.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Please stop talking about what political figure you want to die in this thread immediately, come on, y'all know better.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

eke out posted:

Please stop talking about what political figure you want to die in this thread immediately, come on, y'all know better.

we demonstrably do not know better because we keep doing it.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

VanSandman posted:

we demonstrably do not know better because we keep doing it.

The admin decision to stop permabanning people for it is paying great dividends

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

LegionAreI posted:

Rudy must have some horsefucking blackmail with receipts

Don’t doxx me please

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why do they have like 2 dozen pens on the podium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Why do they have like 2 dozen pens on the podium?

Souvenirs