Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hey guys I just heard from United fan groups that the Fernandes deal is done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
From looking at all the argentinians for spurs we now have to know all the portugese.

Has any one seen Zé Luís from porto? Loads of chatter about him this morning.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

From looking at all the argentinians for spurs we now have to know all the portugese.

Has any one seen Zé Luís from porto? Loads of chatter about him this morning.

Also a Mendes client so might be something in it. Or the tabs are running articles for any promising looking Mendes client as clickbait lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Napoli signed a guy

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1217446947730219009

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What a weird hashtag

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That guy doesn't look like a pro sportsman.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea have skanked Charlton by taking over Conor Gallagher's loan from Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1217480910909661184?s=20

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Ricky Rodriguez to PSV seems like it's going to happen. He's pretty shite but that leaves us with just Theo as a left back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
please make this happen

https://twitter.com/F365/status/1217008281719316480

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Yes, even fewer center backs is exactly what City need for the rest of this season. :hmmyes:

I could understand if it was Otamendi because then it would free up a foreign player spot for City to bring in someone new (and good), but Stone's can't leave in the winter.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Both sides have discounted the Stones thing.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I was going to make a crack about a stones-luiz partnership but tbh its about the same as a stones-otamendi one

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Galaxy brained

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Reprisal posted:

Galaxy brained

I can hear his forehead saying "Quaaaiiiiddd"

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/1217521835836936194

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A bunch of papers both in England and Portugal reporting that United have agreed terms with Fernandes, but not with Sporting. They want 60m + 10m in addons, and apparently Woodward the business genius is trying to haggle them down to 60m.

Richest club in the world, ladies and gentlemen!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

A bunch of papers both in England and Portugal reporting that United have agreed terms with Fernandes, but not with Sporting. They want 60m + 10m in addons, and apparently Woodward the business genius is trying to haggle them down to 60m.

Richest club in the world, ladies and gentlemen!

I thought they weren't supposed to (officially) discuss terms with the player without the transfer fee being agreed?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I thought they weren't supposed to (officially) discuss terms with the player without the transfer fee being agreed?

It’s common for the selling team to give the buying team permission to negotiate with their player. It’s also common for buying teams to ignore all rules associated with transfers.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I don’t think that’s true, or if it is, nobody enforces it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The trash rags are going on about Kai Havertz to Liverpool. That would be shocking and I dont believe a word of it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think as long as you have made a formal enquiry about buying a player it's ok to talk turkey, it's not so ok if you are doing it without informing the selling club why their star player is about to throw a bitch fit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Liverpool have signed Arsenal club doctor Gary O'Driscoll: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/15/arsenal-lose-club-doctor-gary-odriscoll-seals-move-liverpool/

Have fun with that, guys

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It used to be taboo. Arsenal accused Chelsea of “tapping up” Ashley Cole back in the day.

These days it’s assumed that a player talks to whomever they want and there’s no stopping it

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Reprisal posted:

Galaxy brained

lol

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Diva Cupcake posted:

The trash rags are going on about Kai Havertz to Liverpool. That would be shocking and I dont believe a word of it.

During the winter transfer window yes but I've got no illusions about him staying at Leverkusen long term. Not unlikely he will leave us next summer if the price is right.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 16, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

It’s common for the selling team to give the buying team permission to negotiate with their player. It’s also common for buying teams to ignore all rules associated with transfers.

Seems pretty stupid to let them talk to your player before you've got something in writing, because there's nothing to stop them going "Yeah your guy wants to move, so we're going to knock 5 million off the price and if you don't agree you've got a player who's really loving pissed off about not getting his big pay day". Mind you nothing about transfers ever makes sense because everyone involved is corrupt to a level that would make boxing promoters blush.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

General Probe posted:

During the winter transfer window yes but I've got no illusions about him staying at Leverkusen king term. Not unlikely he would leave us next summer if the price is right.

£107m is the rumoured price.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Are Arsenal seriously buying an injury prone left back to temporarily replace their massively injury prone and currently crocked left back?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Total Meatlove posted:

Are Arsenal seriously buying an injury prone left back to temporarily replace their massively injury prone and currently crocked left back?

The Arsenal Way

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Of course not. We're buying him to replace an injury-prone teenage winger, who was filling in for an injury prone wingback, who was in turn filling in for our massively injury prone and currently crocked left back.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142447

Someone is paying cash money for Ashley Young in tyool 2020. I take back everything I have ever said about Ed Woodward.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Inter are also about to finalize a deal for Giroud

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Remember when they signed a guy with a literal broken back lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bundy posted:

Remember when they signed a guy with a literal broken back lmao

I remember when Arsenal Legend Kim Kallstrom converted his penalty in the FA Cup semifinal!!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142447

Someone is paying cash money for Ashley Young in tyool 2020. I take back everything I have ever said about Ed Woodward.

:byewhore:

I can't belive United actually got money for him either.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

trem_two posted:

Inter are also about to finalize a deal for Giroud

Inter are signing every unwanted player from a top 6 PL team. it's rumored they made a €13m bid for Eriksen as well

Also, Mal Pugh to Sky Blue FC is a done deal
https://twitter.com/SkyBlueFC/status/1217896259807272960?s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ed's gonna gently caress it all up.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1217910264412151808

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Sporting should just boot strap themselves 15-20 million and leave poor Ed alone.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
January 30th: Bruno Fernandes signs for Manchested United for Euro 65 million + addons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Seems pretty stupid to let them talk to your player before you've got something in writing, because there's nothing to stop them going "Yeah your guy wants to move, so we're going to knock 5 million off the price and if you don't agree you've got a player who's really loving pissed off about not getting his big pay day". Mind you nothing about transfers ever makes sense because everyone involved is corrupt to a level that would make boxing promoters blush.

Another way of looking at it is why waste time haggling over a price with the club if the player isn't going to agree a deal.