Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

gently caress you, licorice is the best!
__________/

checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Lodin posted:

Man, this poo poo's getting intense. Also, that lady is way to horny. I bet she's also a spy.

I’m pretty sure she basically said as much when she met Luke the first time.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Kennel posted:

gently caress you, licorice is the best!

*slams report button*

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh no! Two college students in a long term relationship might have people thinking they may be having sex!!!

How will Bets ever find a suitable husband now? :smith:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Lodin posted:

You guys want to hear something depressing? I used to read old Popeye as a kid but it was translated to Norwegian. What ever dingus did it spent zero time trying to emulate the weird speech of Popeye and the other characters and instead it was all just spelled normally. I never knew until I started checking out this thread.

No, you were reading the Swedish version!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress you Ed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EBB posted:

gently caress you Ed

He's just mad he can't put a stack of 20 $1 bills on the rep's desk and take one away every time he's displeased.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

it's MEAT week!

Overboard

Monty

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Can I just say that the knowledge that the Overboard ship contains the cartoonist’s desk in-universe is just delightful.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Classic Working Daze

Is there an extension or some custom CSS I can add when I load GoComics so I can more easily save the images to my hard drive?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
I actually just use an rss reader w/ this dude's feeds, and it serves me up the image file that I then just right click to throw on imgur w/ an extension https://www.comicsrss.com/

e: oh wait duh that wont work on an older comic strip, someone else has posted a bookmarklet for what you want but I'm not sure of the specifics so hopefully they'll post it soon!!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Zip

Rip

Dick

Duck

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh no! Two college students in a long term relationship might have people thinking they may be having sex!!!

How will Bets ever find a suitable husband now? :smith:

This is loving stupid, isn't Bets an unknown in their circle of friends? The only reason you'd gossip like this if two of your friends hooked up.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

god I love Boondocks. It was a simpler time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heaven help us if Tiff knows some "secret" about Bets which is why she's reacting this way. What would it be; Bets is non-binary, poly, or undocumented?

Trick question, the comic is too hamfisted to consider any of those off without tipping its hand.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

RandomPauI posted:

Heaven help us if Tiff knows some "secret" about Bets which is why she's reacting this way. What would it be; Bets is non-binary, poly, or undocumented?

Trick question, the comic is too hamfisted to consider any of those off without tipping its hand.

I'm almost certain this "rumor" is going to get back to Gunter and we're going to get a week of strips with him all flustered and sweaty about the idea of touching a girl.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh god. I think he's deliberately going to avoid using any clipart in this flashback.

Apologies to Johnny Walker, but I absolutely had to post today's Mark Trail.

He is absolutely making it a point to not use clip art in this. Look at that "I'm a very serious artist" cross-hatching. At that Picasso-rear end face. At the hosed proportions of the man landing in the third panel.

When James Allen is trying, he draws like a 14-year old. This is him really showing me what's what.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vargo posted:

He is absolutely making it a point to not use clip art in this. Look at that "I'm a very serious artist" cross-hatching. At that Picasso-rear end face. At the hosed proportions of the man landing in the third panel.

When James Allen is trying, he draws like a 14-year old. This is him really showing me what's what.

This Causes Me Keen Disappointment And I Cry Bitterly

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

This is the funniest possible thing to come out of a twitter beef

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vargo posted:

Isn't this just the end to The Great Outdoors?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Vargo posted:

Kid in Panel 1 looks like he freehand copied something by Mike Allred. Panel 3 looks like he did the same thing but with, I dunno, an in-between frame of Homer Simpson falling down as his reference.

Also...that kid is lying in bed? With his head at a 45-degree angle? I'm a side-sleeper and I'd be hard pressed to contort my body like that.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This is one reason why Zits is such a better comic strip than Dustin: the characters (and the cartoonists) have a sense of self-awareness.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vargo posted:

Well, Jam did say he'd been "too busy" to update Edge of Adventure. Now we know what he was working on.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Jam Esallen is working out a way to show his wool fetish

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Archyduchess posted:

I'm doing a slightly longer block of these as well because I like the gag on the 13th. I initially thought the joke about the mysterious "Axis spy ship" was a reference to foo fighters, an at-one-time popular rumor about mysterious aircrafts that dovetailed into the nascent stages of American UFO mythology, but it turns out those weren't really a going concern until 1944.
Could have been inspired by the Battle of Los Angeles which happened just a few months earlier.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Vargo posted:

I forgive you...this time.

Third panel guy had me literally laughing out loud.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Thanks, creepy old lady!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Vargo posted:

This looks like a parody of a parody SNL cartoon.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Angular Cyrus posted:

They'll Do It Every Time 8/2/46

riderchop posted:

wow the boomers had boomers huh

Hwurmp posted:

when have boomers ever not projected all their own failings onto the rest of the world

In '46 the boomers were all less than a year old, this is some Greatest vs Silent violence.
:goonsay:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

quote:

Every antiques rogue in Tackleford congregates upon Amy's shop. To think she was a figure of fun just a few weeks ago.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

You know, while Jam may not be the greatest artist in the history of the world, this is still vastly better than the 3-4 copy-pasted talking heads that the strip usually consists of.

:stare: That's actually fairly graphic for the funny papers. I'm surprised they got away with it.

But then maybe I'm just too coddled these days. Suddenly I'm remembering that Dick Tracy villain that got impaled on a flagpole and slid all the way down.

e:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

:stare: That's actually fairly graphic for the funny papers. I'm surprised they got away with it.

But then maybe I'm just too coddled these days. Suddenly I'm remembering that Dick Tracy villain that got impaled on a flagpole and slid all the way down.

e:

I feel like Locher used this death too...on a terrorist that looked like Ronald Reagan for some reason.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Angry_Ed posted:

a terrorist that looked like Ronald Reagan for some reason.

but you repeat yourself.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Bloom County
December 25th & 26th, 1980

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ici

Rhymes with Orange

Retail

Get Fuzzy 1/14/00

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Vargo posted:

He is absolutely making it a point to not use clip art in this.

I've gotta be honest, I don't hate it. Compared to so much of the other dreck we see, it's perfectly defensible.

also

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (!983)

Beau Peep (1986)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
:hmmyes:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Transmodiar posted:

Is there an extension or some custom CSS I can add when I load GoComics so I can more easily save the images to my hard drive?

riderchop posted:

I actually just use an rss reader w/ this dude's feeds, and it serves me up the image file that I then just right click to throw on imgur w/ an extension https://www.comicsrss.com/

e: oh wait duh that wont work on an older comic strip, someone else has posted a bookmarklet for what you want but I'm not sure of the specifics so hopefully they'll post it soon!!
This? They still seem to work, but I didn't check super in depth. Also I think Stylish turned out to be stealing user data so replace it with the custom CSS extension of your choice. I do actually have greasemonkey (well, tampermonkey) installed now so I could throw something together there once I get home.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 16, 2020

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Was definitely not expecting this to go the "I guess in some nutty way I win" route before Willie and Modesty have barely even had a chance to do anything.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

The phrase is actually persons connected across a thousand lifetimes but I figured destiny was more to the point.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 8/26/53

They'll Do It Every Time 8/3/46

Mopsy 8/13/42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Elysiume posted:

This? They still seem to work, but I didn't check super in depth. Also I think Stylish turned out to be stealing user data so replace it with the custom CSS extension of your choice. I do actually have greasemonkey (well, tampermonkey) installed now so I could throw something together there once I get home.

yeah Stylish was bad but Stylus is fine

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/