Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Yeah, Warren's attacking of Bernie has really hosed her here.

https://twitter.com/sunshine_gaoh/status/1217396575401541632

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At this point my greatest wishes are that Klobmentum is real, and Tom Steyers stupid ad buy actually works way better than anticipated, and the results are

1. Bernie 37
2. Steyer 14
3. Klob 13
4. Biden 13
5. Warren 12
6. Pete 11

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Does anyone really believe Warren wasn't behind it after she wouldn't shake Sanders's hand?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There is no 2nd choice. It is ride or die Bernie. It has always been this and we were fooling ourselves to think otherwise.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

kidkissinger posted:

Her attempt to poision the well for Bernie will not work. The liberals WILL bend the knee. The science of Marxism is invincible and history is on our side.

My coworkers discussed last night's debate. We literally wear lanyards by the way (:thermidor: for me :( ). They didn't mention the sexism spat at all but did speak a lot of common nonsense about Warren having good plans, and Bernie being angry with no idea how to reach his goals, and such, but point is they agreed - they're voting blue no matter who.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

SuperKlaus posted:

My coworkers discussed last night's debate. We literally wear lanyards by the way (:thermidor: for me :( ). They didn't mention the sexism spat at all but did speak a lot of common nonsense about Warren having good plans, and Bernie being angry with no idea how to reach his goals, and such, but point is they agreed - they're voting blue no matter who.

As long as you don't work for a DC ThinkTank or media company we can probably divert you to the gulag. I'll put in a word with the commissar.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does anyone really believe Warren wasn't behind it after she wouldn't shake Sanders's hand?

It is shocking how easily Warren could have back pedaled on this.

“Well, Bernie said something like ‘the road to the presidency is just going to be harder for a woman because misogyny’, but it was taken out of context. As a woman blah blah blah.”

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Man, that Michael Moore podcast just lays it all out there. Plus, the excerp from her book where she literally goes "I don't remember the words that are said in on record conversations." If you believe her over him at this point it's due to a preexisting bias.

If Warren had backpeddled the way Capt Obv suggested, this would be nothing and we could go back to loling at the pearl clutching over the non-offensive script. Or, as others suggested, if she just decided to break bad for real and go whole hog with it, she'd at least have possibly moved the needle a bit. She's dishonest AND poo poo at politics.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Madmarker posted:

Yeah, Warren's attacking of Bernie has really hosed her here.

https://twitter.com/sunshine_gaoh/status/1217396575401541632

This is extremely good art and if Bernie decides to come out harder against Warren after this (he won't) it would make some great merchandise.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually the very entertaining thing is my coworkers complained of media bias in the questions Warren received versus Butt. "Butt, what are your strengths?" V "Warren, how do you stop your weaknesses?". This is very interesting as I think I can use basic recognition that corporate media sucks as a wedge to pry in and dislodge their beliefs that Sanders didn't fight for Clinton in 2016 and so forth, and set them on the true path.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Had to have high, high hopes for the women
Wanted equal pay but they only bombed Yemen

Oh godDAMNIT I just got that tune out of my head, now it's back :argh:

:golfclap:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My favorite part about the (general) election is that, if somebody I don't like ends up getting the nomination, I can just leave that bubble blank, because I live in California and the Electoral College exists.

This is also my least favorite part about the election.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1217507453052628994?s=20

ilhan's got tweets following trying to patch the rift that warren opened. sucks that she's gotta take that role thanks to warren being a shithead opportunist

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

CPColin posted:

My favorite part about the (general) election is that, if somebody I don't like ends up getting the nomination, I can just leave that bubble blank, because I live in California and the Electoral College exists.

This is also my least favorite part about the election.

I'm just thankful that my trumpist relatives all live in New York so the same applies to them.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Hellblazer187 posted:

Man, that Michael Moore podcast just lays it all out there. Plus, the excerp from her book where she literally goes "I don't remember the words that are said in on record conversations." If you believe her over him at this point it's due to a preexisting bias.

If Warren had backpeddled the way Capt Obv suggested, this would be nothing and we could go back to loling at the pearl clutching over the non-offensive script. Or, as others suggested, if she just decided to break bad for real and go whole hog with it, she'd at least have possibly moved the needle a bit. She's dishonest AND poo poo at politics.

Hillary campaign staffers: not even once.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Saw some new head-to-heads vs Trump on https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Florida:
Sanders +6
Biden +2
Warren +2
Buttigieg 0

Michigan:
Bloomberg +7
Biden +6
Sanders +5
Buttigieg +4
Warren +3

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Saw some new head-to-heads vs Trump on https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Florida:
Sanders +6
Biden +2
Warren +2
Buttigieg 0

Michigan:
Bloomberg +7
Biden +6
Sanders +5
Buttigieg +4
Warren +3

is michigan one of the handful of states bloomberg is targeting?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i try not to get too excited about "potential head to head" polling since the accuracy of these polls is usually dubious, but they tend to favor the incumbent more than they should, so I'll accept that as a 10 point win for Bernie in Florida

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Here's the link for anyone that wants it: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/michael-moore-4/rumble-with-michael-moore

I'm not a fan of Moore but he's right more often than not and probably has a better political analysis than most pundits out there.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Someone in the thread was saying they wondered how DKos was handling this but didn't want to check for fear of a heart attack. The entire first page is on impeachment stuff right now. Top post on the second page is a poll for who won the debate, and surprisingly the Kos crowd has Bernie winning with 53% of the vote, and Warren a distant second with 25%.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Let's game out what would happen if this works. Let's say that Warren ends up the nominee. Then what happens in the general? Trump already referenced this debacle at a rally, he said it didn't sound like something Sanders would say. And we've known for months what his anti-Warren strategy would be; "Pocahontas" she lied about being a Native American to advance her career. But now he has a second example of Warren lying to advance her career, and one we all saw her do live on television! That will destroy her credibility. Trump will bring it up constantly and every time he does every single Sanders supporter, which is at least a solid 20% of Dem voters, will be reminded "oh yeah she is a loving liar"

Only an absolute madman would do anything in the general other than vote for Trump’s competition. There’s no way anyone who’s for Bernie can stay home after 2016, even if it’s Biden against Trump.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Only an absolute madman would do anything in the general other than vote for Trump’s competition. There’s no way anyone who’s for Bernie can stay home after 2016, even if it’s Biden against Trump.

If it's a standard dem, it's the amoral vs the immoral. I'll still vote D no matter what because "soulless middle manager" is still better than "actual death cult" but I'm way past the point of blaming someone else for being BoB.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's too bad because his supporters will stay home. So the only moral choice in the primary is to vote Sanders.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'll vote third party or leave the presidency blank.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hellblazer187 posted:

If it's a standard dem, it's the amoral vs the immoral. I'll still vote D no matter what because "soulless middle manager" is still better than "actual death cult" but I'm way past the point of blaming someone else for being BoB.
Actual death cults employ a lot of soulless middle managers, just ask Hannah Arendt.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 15, 2020

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

come to my apartment on election day if Biden is on the ticket against Trump to witness the madness firsthand.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I don't want to back seat mod, but talking about who you'l vote for in the general is specifically against thread rules because it leads to massive, pointless derails.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Does anyone have a Warren campaign suspension -watch setup yet?

I want to guess she ends her campaign before the Iowa caucus.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Mat Cauthon posted:

Here's the link for anyone that wants it: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/michael-moore-4/rumble-with-michael-moore

I'm not a fan of Moore but he's right more often than not and probably has a better political analysis than most pundits out there.

I said this earlier this morning but, Moore is decorum poisoned when it comes to solutions, but he's been 100% right about the problems since the 90's. He's also like Bernie by being the only dude with the balls to publicly move the discourse, even when it's incredibly unpopular.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Oh yeah for sure man, I can't wait to vote for Joe Biden so he can dither around not passing M4A or ending the wars or closing the immigrant camps or stopping children from being stolen from their parents or doing something about worsening income inequality and ever more exploitation economy that is one bad day away from another generation wrecking crash because ....midterms? Bipartisanship? Some other bullshit? Meanwhile all the middle class liberals will breath a sigh of relief about having someone back in the White House to do things "the right way" and lose any motivation they had to change things.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Young Freud posted:

Does anyone have a Warren campaign suspension -watch setup yet?

I want to guess she ends her campaign before the Iowa caucus.

She won't drop out until at least after NH. If she comes in third or worse in both, she's done. She isn't getting back her supporters who went to Bernie, and any defections from Biden are going to Mayor Butt.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Florida:
Sanders +6
Biden +2
Warren +2
Buttigieg 0

Michigan:
Bloomberg +7
Biden +6
Sanders +5
Buttigieg +4
Warren +3

Bloomberg wins Michigan by 7 against Trump. Sure, ok.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Bernie +6 in Florida is pretty lit.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

After a long day of supporting womens rights and fighting for equality, Bernie comes home, kicks off his shoes and looks around to make sure nobody is there.

ALL WOMEN ARE STUPID loving BITCHHHHEEEEESSSSSSS he screams at the top of his lungs.

Basicall this https://youtu.be/60dFtPjk_I0

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1217505562360983555

what the hell is this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yes, most Warren voters absolutely believe that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

A sex assaulting liar.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

James 'O Keefe stirring some poo poo again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003