Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I wonder if Zimmy can tell that both Annies are from a different timeline, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Who even knows what Zim sees.

If that hip-height wall is a reasonable reference, I think the situation is that Gamma is big, and Zamzo is still a bit taller than the others. Zammer. The zimzag. Z Top.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2250

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Hilariously out there theory: Zimmy is actually this timeline's Annie and Annie not belonging in this timeline predates Loup by a wide margin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Warmachine posted:

Hold on. That music. That feeling. Those spiders...

IT'S ZIMMY WITH THE CHAIR!

BAH GAWD IT'S ZIMMY THEME MUSIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDCktKqHBGQ

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kantesu posted:

Hilariously out there theory: Zimmy is actually this timeline's Annie and Annie not belonging in this timeline predates Loup by a wide margin.

poo poo this would be great.

I've actually theorized that "our" Annie never belonged here in the first place, or at least for some great length of time. We never have had proof that she belonged in this timelime, we just assumed she did.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

MonsieurChoc posted:

BAH GAWD IT'S ZIMMY THEME MUSIC!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXmxVySMzw

According to Tom

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
How do you like being outnumbered now Paz?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

IMJack posted:

Gamma is going to touch both Annies, and then we'll go from two Annies to zero.

No, we'll go from two Annies to z̴̨̡̡̨͉͚̻͈͖̫̩̰̤̯͆͋̆͆͐͗̓͆ą̷̢̢̙̤̗͓̲͚̣͛̏̇̈́l̴̨̢̲͎̺̼̩̠̜̠̻̔͐͊g̴̢̭̫̙̃̽͜ơ̴̡̬͍͈̬͎̱͚͉͋̀͛̈́̃͘ͅ

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Yes.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I don't know where I got the idea, but I was under the impression that Zimmy doesn't grow? It sounds wild now that I write it out.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Why you gotta be like this Paz, why you gotta.

Oh hey, those girls.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Samuringa posted:

heard you were talking poo poo

So perfect I wish it was in the strip

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Aww hell I forgot about this song, need to add it to my playlist.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Time for a bug hunt?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ragnar34 posted:

Who even knows what Zim sees.

If that hip-height wall is a reasonable reference, I think the situation is that Gamma is big, and Zamzo is still a bit taller than the others. Zammer. The zimzag. Z Top.

So Gemma really hulked out.

If Zimmy shows up she's probably got some insights to share. :)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Blonde Girl is really concerned.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I don't think Paz was ever really Annie's friend, and the other two are Literally Who?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

cant cook creole bream posted:

Her name is Becky Ground.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I don't think Paz was ever really Annie's friend, and the other two are Literally Who?

Zimmy has absolutely no idea who anyone is, she just wants to stir poo poo up and, frankly, good on her.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So Gamma hasn't hulked out, but she's significantly taller than the others.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
She's older, so she get one more year of puberty going for her. Teenagers grow like weed.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Lt. Lizard posted:

The other Annie is real and good too and from this point onward we will have two Annies.

I decided to read the thread from back when we first saw the second Annie to see the "live" reactions out of curiosity, and this post has aged very well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Also, the other two aren't really ganging up on Annie at all. They're just kind of standing there looking vaguely confused and worried while Paz yells. Like, not once has either of them looked even slightly mad during this whole confrontation. I suspect that neither of them know what's going on.

cant cook creole bream posted:

She's only there because Paz said she was going to take her out for ice cream, she didn't sign up for whatever bullshit romantic drama is playing out in front of her.

Edit:

It's actually pretty interesting to click through and look at the faces of the two back up girls, start from here: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2250

The long haired brunette looks mostly apathetic, occasionally shooting Paz a few "This is stupid, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by doing this" side glances. Meanwhile, the blonde looks increasingly shocked and upset by Paz's behavior. Whoever these two are they don't support what Paz is doing right now, they're just there because their friend is having a mental break down and they have no idea how to handle it.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 17, 2020

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I really think it's less that Gamma has grown unusually tall than Zimmy just hasn't grown at all (which is suitably creepy for her). Gamma's always been taller than Zimmy, and she was noticeably hunching the last time we saw them (around here: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1445); her posture has improved a lot since then. That page in particular also gives an interesting comparison as Gamma now looks to be about as tall as Jack was then; maybe a little taller. She's also looking better rested than usual.

Ragnar34 posted:

It's hard to find Zimmy next to characters that aren't Gamma, but from the looks of it she's been shorter than everyone for quite some time: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=454

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Maybe Zimmy is undead.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Zimmy is at the perfect, tactical height for going for your ankles, and she's quite happy for that.

Samuringa posted:

Zimmy has absolutely no idea who anyone is, she just wants to stir poo poo up and, frankly, good on her.

Also, this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I wouldn't be surprised if the aetheric experiments of the Court somehow stunted Zimmy's growth. They certainly had a painful effect on her.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Maybe Zimmy is just, you know, short.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CodfishCartographer posted:

I decided to read the thread from back when we first saw the second Annie to see the "live" reactions out of curiosity, and this post has aged very well.

Jesus, we've had two Annies for over a year??

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

I said it back then I hoped this would be the new status quo and now I would loving distraught if we had less Annies.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

I said it back then I hoped this would be the new status quo and now I would loving distraught if we had less Annies.

Good news, Zimmy is in fact the real Annie all along. The other two Annies are also the real Annie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm remembering the time that Annie was Zimmy and Zimmy was Annie and smiling.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Like the one electron hypothesis, the one Annie hypothesis proposes that everyone is Annie, just from a different point in her world line.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Nitrousoxide posted:

Like the one electron hypothesis, the one Annie hypothesis proposes that everyone is Annie, just from a different point in her world line.

Not sure if Tom made it too obvious by giving her complete name as Allisannie.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The right number of Annies for us is more

Forever

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm remembering the time that Annie was Zimmy and Zimmy was Annie and smiling.

and then the Zimmy looked at me

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
Annie is twice the normal Annie and Paz can't handle it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Zimmy's short and Gamma should be on the Court basketball team as a center or power forward.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Maybe Zimmy is undead.

You need to have been alive at one point to be undead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I was thinking about the fact that they are called Zimmy and Gamma being something related to being Subject Zeta and Subject Gamma, being referred to as Court's experiments but looking back I think those are their given names? At least Gamma has a surname and it'd be weird to keep that after receiving a code name from the scientists or whatever.