Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pixaal posted:

This seems interesting but also seems like there's maybe a day of play time. It does claim to be alpha though and seems to have an excellent core. Is the dev posting plans anywhere or is this the only communication channel?
I don't think they have any formal channel open yet, I just saw a post of theirs on r/incremental_games because I was casting around for something to do while watching progress bars for work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Impressive, Idle Cardchat is somehow more insane-sounding than Idle Wizardchat or even Idle Alchemistchat.
Yeah, their choice of "Bureaucrats & Barbarians" really creates some insane poo poo because the cards go from, literal examples, "Junior Broker" and "Underpaid Conservator" to "Antiquity Hoarder" and "Ceremonial Arrowhead III"

not to mention my boy Ron, the Destroyer Lawyer

e: oh and the best card art is the smoking skeleton on Smoke Break, which is apparently a loving Van Gogh?!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

not to mention my boy Ron, the Destroyer Lawyer

"none of this is admissible in court"

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Perks are cool. They're various micro-goals you can shoot for and they offer lots of interesting choices. Never fear adding more of them.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

pixaal posted:

There's a lot of RNG I was heavily limited on deck size I only had 8x8 when I first hit 1m, and I hit 1m in booster 1 and 2 costs before I even bought a booster 3. I did a lot of swapping around. The game is still really short (unless something else is going to get throw in my face, I'm going to buy every booster pack since there's a limited number). It's alpha but if anything is hidden it's going to be there.

It's also alpha so it could just be a demo of how things are planned to interact it doesn't seem super balance. The balance is fine enough, but it feels like there's an optimal path and other options. That could also be due to the fact that each card set is also like 6-10 cards total. This is something that could be really interesting in 6 months.

Yeah you're ultimately capped on boosters, so it feels like the optimal approach is to spend as long as possible drawing pack 1 before you get into pack 2/3, and hope for as many +draw items as possible. Once you get more draws everything else snowballs - every pack 2/3 you draw before maxxing out pack 1 is permanent lost cards.

I'm at 19.5/30 after 4 hrs or so, curious what people's final stats are like as it'll depend a lot on what order ou do things.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

xiw posted:

Yeah you're ultimately capped on boosters, so it feels like the optimal approach is to spend as long as possible drawing pack 1 before you get into pack 2/3, and hope for as many +draw items as possible. Once you get more draws everything else snowballs - every pack 2/3 you draw before maxxing out pack 1 is permanent lost cards.

I'm at 19.5/30 after 4 hrs or so, curious what people's final stats are like as it'll depend a lot on what order ou do things.

The amount of cards you can get per tier is constant, the number of booster pack purchases it takes to get all those cards is the only thing that changes. Furthermore, the total number of each card you’ll have after purchasing everything is also constant, so all that purchasing boosters influences how much you spend on getting every card and in what order you get them.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Trying to play this card game on a phone is utterly hellish. The weird card parallax effect seems to mean that the buttons don't work 80% of the time.

E: okay you can turn off that animation in the settings and then turn down card size so you scroll the page, and then it works much better

Jabor fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 14, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ooh, idle cards does offline earnings at 100%. Nice.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

That's gonna get nerfed, lol.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Also don't click "ok" on the "calculating your offline earnings..." screen cause it might just make it go away and you get nothing good day sir etc

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Hey 4G, ignore if it's an annoying question, but is a MacOS version (for steam or Kart) on your roadmap, or, like, not really?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
it's kinda fuzzily in a "if i get time to/also a mac to test the porting issues" category.

fake edit: guess i can also update yall on what i've done the last few days. Namely, hooked up something like 53 new perks, quirks, and wishes to the game, mostly related to cards.I also started work on the sellout stuff. Current plans there are:

Rainbow heart (500kap, gives 10% mayo and card gen speed upon completing)
Mayo Gen Slot (250k, 3 of them)
Tag slot (250k, 1 of em)
Unlock Perma-Foils (purely cosmetic, 250k ap)

Two consumables:
Mayo Infuser (x2 mayo gen speed for 24 hours, 40k ap)
Regular Black Pen (adds +2 tier to all incoming cards for 24 hours, also 40k ap)

I'm also adding an Ascended ^4 Pack to give you the Rainbow Heart, perma foils, a bunch of consumables including 4 each of the two new ones, and 300k base AP. 225 kreds/22 buckos.

something fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 15, 2020

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

something posted:

Regular Black Pen (adds +2 tier to all incoming cards for 24 hours, also 40k ap)

This is genius

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I just realized the stars are from him cracking his knuckles and not from him wearing a shirt with a stylish star-patterned collar.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Speaking of art, what's the spoopy portrait picture from? Looks vaguely familiar.

Making some headway, was excited to see all the PP and spent them all but then I remembered I had maxed floors before so it was all from milestones :doh: Completed the Mega at least! Also, am I crazy or is the stat digger really good if you have the GPS?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Stat digger is good but also very micromanagey, since you'll turn it on, push some floors, then turn it back off again to run your real set of diggers.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Why not just run all diggers all the time?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Meinberg posted:

Why not just run all diggers all the time?

Because that's 200k AP I could instead spend on daycare kitty art.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Jabor posted:

Because that's 200k AP I could instead spend on daycare kitty art.

:hmmyes:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
What's the level 20 laser sword challenge augment level and subsequent gold requirement?

I've done 6 of the challenges so far but just looking to know when to switch to something like the gold challenge because I won't realistically be able to afford or level up the laser sword past 10 levels or something within 24 hours.

Switching to leveling up my NGUs up to 10k has been brilliant though as its helped idle walderp and earn a lot more energy per day.

I've still not swapped out my beardverse set for any of the walderp gear though. The Walderp stuff will give me higher adventure stats but generally takes a hit on my energy/magic power.

Is that normal until I get the walderp stuff up to about level 100 or something?

I'm assuming I should only really switch to the walderp stuff when it gives me enough of an adventure stat boost to get into the next zone right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lol if you bought the last two slots let alone use them to run beards.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Lol if you're so AP-poor you have to choose what to buy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol in general. It looks like a funny game

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Kin posted:

What's the level 20 laser sword challenge augment level and subsequent gold requirement?

I've done 6 of the challenges so far but just looking to know when to switch to something like the gold challenge because I won't realistically be able to afford or level up the laser sword past 10 levels or something within 24 hours.

Switching to leveling up my NGUs up to 10k has been brilliant though as its helped idle walderp and earn a lot more energy per day.

I've still not swapped out my beardverse set for any of the walderp gear though. The Walderp stuff will give me higher adventure stats but generally takes a hit on my energy/magic power.

Is that normal until I get the walderp stuff up to about level 100 or something?

I'm assuming I should only really switch to the walderp stuff when it gives me enough of an adventure stat boost to get into the next zone right?

You can let the laser sword stuff wait until after you've killed the next two titans. Since it acts like a normal rebirth that doesn't reset anything, you can just work it into the eventual 24 hour rebirths where you just idle around in ITPOD, autokill titans, grow your fruits and raise your NGUs while you build up to Evil.

quote:

Yeah. As sets go on, their level 1 versions stop being an upgrade over a level 100 version of the previous set.

There's a website ( https://gmiclotte.github.io/gear-optimizer/#/ ) where you can plug in what gear you have (and what level it's at) and it'll run the math on which pieces to use to accomplish a particular goal. You can try that to see if beard/walderp is better for you at the moment. The NGU discord is also really good and helpful and has rooms based on progression levels so you don't get people talking about things that make no sense to you because you're not there yet.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Kin posted:

Have you done the 3rd Troll challenge for 24-hour fruit yet? I'm almost exactly where you are, and just finished that. It's a huge help for challenges to put a day's worth of experience into Rich Guy's +Atk% and +Def% to help boost you through the early bosses to unlock time machine and blood magic.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

so it's time to start saving up some QP and PP for new feature perks and quirks? ready for it to push me further into the last Titan after stalling out there for months

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Slight change to the card consumable thing, i decided to make it run for 25 card spawns instead. Effectively the same thing, at least until your card spawn rate speeds up.

something fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 16, 2020

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
NGU question - Does your overall drop rate affect the drop rate for quest items? I have limited diggers at this point, so is it a waste of a spot having the drop rate digger active?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrbasehart posted:

NGU question - Does your overall drop rate affect the drop rate for quest items? I have limited diggers at this point, so is it a waste of a spot having the drop rate digger active?

No, there's drop chance and quest drop chance. Drop rate digger will only affect gear drops.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

mrbasehart posted:

Quest drop is a separate stat.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
Thanks! Good thing I asked after only a couple of quests!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

xiw posted:

I finished it at 24.75 / 40.5

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Devor posted:

Have you done the 3rd Troll challenge for 24-hour fruit yet? I'm almost exactly where you are, and just finished that. It's a huge help for challenges to put a day's worth of experience into Rich Guy's +Atk% and +Def% to help boost you through the early bosses to unlock time machine and blood magic.

Aha, that might actually help quite a bit.

Right now i've not put anything into those so they're both just at 100%. Even with the ~20k i get overnight now i could shoot that up by a few thousand percent.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
any plans to ever change the garbage-rear end perks like Instant AT Levels and Bonus Boss XP

an AP shop item to add a toggle to never remove wandoos and/or blood magic E/M like it is for Basic Training would be nice too

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Greenhorn impression for the (first?) big Titan spoiler (after Mega):

Crud, I thought Droop was the name of the wizard since it's in the same story text. I had skipped it (after checking the wizard's story text again) but accidentally spoiled it for myself or idk when I would've figured it out. I did check out the ring slot that UUG mentions in the auto-kill/tooltip but since it didn't have a hint (it was just one of the standard "beats me" or whatever text) I figured I just didn't have it yet or that I'd unlocked it from beating him once my stats increased enough since Mega/Beard is kinda a bigger wall compared to anything recently anyway.

Also, right now I kinda hate how everything is screaming "Put it in gold you idiot!" lol. I guess we'll see if things change once I can stand up w/o getting auto-killed in The Beardverse.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
what is slated to unlock the new card game?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Cobalt60 posted:

what is slated to unlock the new card game?

Beating titan 9 (the exile). Based on the test build, it's definitely worth starting to save up PP and QP if you have nothing pressing to spend it on, because there are a shitload of new quirks and perks.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
ah shoot OK. I'm probably starting evil for the first time this weekend, so it sounds like it'll be ... 3 months or so(?) before I can play the card thingie. All good and I look forward to it when it's live and unlocked!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zokari posted:

Lol if you're so AP-poor you have to choose what to buy.

max inventroy slot CREW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Are we that close to the release? Is there a rough ETA available?

Fake edit: Oh, we ARE halfway through January, huh...