Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The MUMPSorceress posted:

Movies and TV about nazis consistently make the mistake of making the nazis look too cool and American history x is no different.

I thought Imperium was pretty good. It portrayed the white nationalists as either useless and banal (no doubt with an insidious thread of passing their hosed-up beliefs down to their children, like the backyard treehouse scene) or completely ineffective due to infighting and incompetence. At times that movie felt like a dark, dark comedy.

Plug for one of my favourite thrillers too, Green Room, which from what I remember barely even touches on the political motivations of the skinhead collective - beyond one or two throwaway lines from Patrick Stewart - and just focuses on how these guys are terrifying bloodthirsty monsters stopping at nothing to cover up a murder. The anticlimax of the movie serves this home pretty nicely too, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

One for the artists who hang out in here. Print it out, stick it up in your shop someplace.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Plug for one of my favourite thrillers too, Green Room, which from what I remember barely even touches on the political motivations of the skinhead collective - beyond one or two throwaway lines from Patrick Stewart - and just focuses on how these guys are terrifying bloodthirsty monsters stopping at nothing to cover up a murder. The anticlimax of the movie serves this home pretty nicely too, IMO.

That is an excellent and fuuuuuuuucked up movie. Like, gore doesn't really bug me, ever, but the realistic murders-by-dogs had me thinking about that movie for a long time.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

One for the artists who hang out in here. Print it out, stick it up in your shop someplace.

It remains one of the best comics I've ever seen.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Johnny Truant posted:

That is an excellent and fuuuuuuuucked up movie. Like, gore doesn't really bug me, ever, but the realistic murders-by-dogs had me thinking about that movie for a long time.

It also has an absolutely amazing line You were much scarier in the dark. Which I loved and really stuck with me.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Johnny Truant posted:

No doubt. That scene and Anton Yelchin's arm getting hosed up and the immediate reveal when they pull him back into the room really hosed me up. Easily the most tense film I've ever watched - I was jacked up from it literally two days afterwards.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

God but mistakes made I've my haven't mistakes made me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can add something else to the list of mistakes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

All I can think of is "God messed up and here I am"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I suppose that's a self referential tattoo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

“I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.”

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
When he said he wanted all that in different fonts why did the tattoo artist not say " no that will look like poo poo."

I mean I know the answer I just wanted to vocalize that thought

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Field Mousepad posted:

When he said he wanted all that in different fonts why did the tattoo artist not say " no that will look like poo poo."

I mean I know the answer I just wanted to vocalize that thought

The answer being "the tattoo artist did say that and was ignored"?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Didn't know ee Cummings did toos

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is the second “Havn’t” supposed to be in the Harry Potter font?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Oh poo poo. I literally thought it said “hobbit”

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Alright, I deciphered the tattoo and figured it was probably emo lyrics. Now I’m lost staring at a page for a Frank Ocean song. This is one tough ARG...

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Cheaper just to pay someone to literally poo poo on his chest. Disease chances about the same too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It looks like he's urinating and has a tiny manservant on his right to hold his dick.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

does it?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A person's tattoos illustrate so much about them

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Heath posted:

A person's tattoos illustrate so much about them

also it's likely a coverup for a bunch of other lesser tattoos, one can only imagine what they were.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Heath posted:

A person's interpretation of tattoos illustrate so much about them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

also it's likely a coverup for a bunch of other lesser tattoos, one can only imagine what they were.

Yeah it kinda looks like there's a face at the top? Kinda?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dinosaurs! posted:

Alright, I deciphered the tattoo and figured it was probably emo lyrics. Now I’m lost staring at a page for a Frank Ocean song. This is one tough ARG...

It's a Being as an Ocean song although I can't remember which one.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It looks like he's urinating and has a tiny manservant on his right to hold his dick.

it looks like he's farting sperm onto a pile of poop

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Scratch Monkey posted:

it looks like he's farting sperm onto a pile of poop

This post is like the bat-signal for Cumshitter.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
LIVE IN YOUR SO YOU THOUGHTS DON'T

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

D YO SON Live Your Truth INOH VUO ERU G H T S

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
bear seek seek lest

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'd like my tattoo to be the last words meemaw said before the stroke took her please.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

EVIL NI RUOY OS UOY STHGUOHT TNOD (assuming the orientation to the owner is above)

E: yet another one I literally can’t parse what it’s actually supposed to be

Doctor Zero has a new favorite as of 21:04 on Jan 16, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got it!

"Live your truth so you don't live in your thoughts"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I got it!

"Live your truth so you don't live in your thoughts"

yeah but it should be OUR thoughts to make sense and I bet they started doing it but then it would say SOUR and they were like awww gently caress and changed it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They need to keep building that wall so we have something to line them all up against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Wasabi the J posted:

They need to keep building that wall so we have something to line them all up against

Nah. Covered in petrol, in a ditch, on fire.

Worked well enough for their boss.