Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NecroMonster posted:

in general, you should totally believe the woman. in this case however, the women is a known and proven teller of porky pies

This isn't an assault. No one was a victim. It's a retelling of a conversation. You shouldn't believe anyone over the other based on gender. You should believe whichever one you consider more trustworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Harrow posted:

Two things to give you hope if you're in full-on despair mode:

1. Bernie Sanders had a heart attack on the campaign trail and somehow came back stronger. That's loving unreal. For any other candidate, that'd be it. Imagine any other 78-year-old candidate having a heart attack while campaigning for president and not instantly losing a ton of support.

2. The other campaigns don't want to touch this "Bernie is sexist" thing with a ten-foot pole. Sure, the candidates are happy to take a moment to say "of course a woman can be president, women rock" when asked, but nobody's pressing the attack. If they thought it'd actually sink Bernie, someone else would be pressing it, even if Warren isn't. Someone would've released a statement condemning misogyny in the race, even if they didn't directly condemn Sanders. But nobody did. Everyone except a few media sources wants to drop it.

You're the one that's the big debbie downer I can't tell if you're low key trolling or just morose.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thoguh posted:

You're the one that's the big debbie downer I can't tell if you're low key trolling or just morose.

I'm morose. I'm trying my best to stop it so I'm posting the things that help keep me hopeful. I know at least one other person was feeling The Fear and doomposting in this thread recently so I figured it might help.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Harrow posted:

2. The other campaigns don't want to touch this "Bernie is sexist" thing with a ten-foot pole. Sure, the candidates are happy to take a moment to say "of course a woman can be president, women rock" when asked, but nobody's pressing the attack. If they thought it'd actually sink Bernie, someone else would be pressing it, even if Warren isn't. Someone would've released a statement condemning misogyny in the race, even if they didn't directly condemn Sanders. But nobody did. Everyone except a few media sources wants to drop it.

Yeah, this should be the takeaway. This is all gonna be small potatoes by the time Friday comes. All this did was distract normies for a couple of days from the impeachment poo poo and also give Bernie an extra $2 million to wreck everyone in Iowa.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Apples McGrind posted:

I hope the one good thing that comes out of this is that people finally realize that id politics is pretty much bullshit. but I’m not gonna hold my breath
lmao naw. idpol is the DNC pmc libs last bastion of pretending to be relevant and ~woke~ when just used to support neoliberalism n radical status quo

now GOP can rock idpol like no other, mainly in part because systems are rigged to make sure whites ex/suburbanites matter most. playing into idpol as the only ideology just means gop wins

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

The impeachment circus will bury this story in a few days

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Harrow posted:

I'm morose. I'm trying my best to stop it so I'm posting the things that help keep me hopeful. I know at least one other person was feeling The Fear and doomposting in this thread recently so I figured it might help.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

There's a certain contingent of people who want a woman candidate and president as long as she is a Democrat, regardless of policy and history. These are also the same people who believe Bernie is the reason Hillary lost. The primary was always going to come down to gender in the end for these people and some attack like this was always going to happen.

People will stop caring within the week and it'll be all but forgotten by Iowa.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rollie Fingers posted:

No one cares about that poo poo

THS
Sep 15, 2017

blackpill take: america is so deeply misogynist that most voters simply dislike warren because she is a woman and will not believe her version of events regardless, thus proving bernie right that a woman can’t become president

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

THS posted:

blackpill take: america is so deeply misogynist that most voters simply dislike warren because she is a woman and will not believe her version of events regardless, thus proving bernie right that a woman can’t become president

inshallah

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
people have a real revulsion to being told they have to vote for someone because they're something. It really makes you dislike them.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

CNN cares about it a fuckton and that's all that matters

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mastershakeman posted:

don't sign your posts

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

in general, you should totally believe the woman. in this case however, the women is a known and proven teller of porky pies

They're equating sexual assault claims with the truthfulness of a politician in the middle of an election.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

:thunk:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah, that's the other thing. The impeachment trial will have all the senators (mostly) off the campaign trail at a key time for Iowa. That's not great, but even CNN last night noted that it hurts Bernie a lot less than it does Warren and Klobuchar because Bernie has such a strong organization and such popular surrogates to campaign for him. Who does Warren have? Castro? What about Klob?

No doubt the impeachment trial's timing is Good News 4 Biden but it's horrible news for Warren and The Klob.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1217279965521154048?s=21

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noam Chomsky posted:

I'm still gonna be mad while I'm sitting at the Bernie table. Also my caucus location is a church now so I've been sitting in this elementary school lunch room since last October for no drat reason at all.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

don't worry, you'll both have a loss after the primary

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

ironic it was a tuesday

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrianBoitano posted:

Oh my God is this hilarious, I only refund requested my last one but they're refunding all of them

Like this is "smash my own Keurig" levels of overreaction :confuoot:

net negative donation day here we come lmao

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

RottenK posted:

i hate liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gently caress

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1217188806723502080

this is so disgusting

Okay but you have to love her tweets, it never takes long...

https://twitter.com/katzenbrau/status/1217532081850540032?s=20

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Rollie Fingers posted:

hopefully mcconnell kills that poo poo instantly

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

net negative donation day here we come lmao

:yeshaha:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/cameron_kasky/status/1217577522721968129

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/RoseAnnDeMoro/status/1217457072175890434?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

arg what a poo poo argument.

She beat Scott Brown in MA and won as an incumbent. MN is a very reliable blue state, the only democratic nominee to not carry MN since 1960 was McGovern

Winning in a safe blue state is not evidence that you can beat Donald Trump (for example Hillary Clinton)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Noam Chomsky posted:

Addendum: normies will forget. Bernie won't, and his supporters won't. She burned the bridge to all of us to goose an oppo story that will survive maybe a week in the spotlight.

Importantly, we must remember that virtually everyone susceptible to this kind of story already believes Sanders hates women. They would believe this with no encouragement whatsoever, just that he dared to run against Hillary. It's hard to imagine a story with less legs than this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I guess her bad polling and fundraising led to a weird Crooked Hillary like Messiah complex?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

women be lying

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spacemang_spliff posted:

arg what a poo poo argument.

She beat Scott Brown in MA and won as an incumbent. MN is a very reliable blue state, the only democratic nominee to not carry MN since 1960 was McGovern

Winning in a safe blue state is not evidence that you can beat Donald Trump (for example Hillary Clinton)

someone get scott brown an f150 and a copy of playgirl, its time for a rematch

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1217581653087879168

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

women be lying

elizabeth warren absolutely knew she wasnt native american and this kinda confirms it

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

As cool as this is I can't help thinking that using this song is going to soon the movement to the same fate as the boomer hippie movements

i think this is a bad comparison because the hippies were always selfish privileged shitbags, and this movement is comprised of people who are extremely disadvantaged

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Bobby Digital posted:

“I was telling Senator Warren that you don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.”
lmao

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Elizabeth Warren is kinda like Anakin Skywalker when you think about it, and Hillary is like Palpatine. I guess Bernie is Obiwan here or something. Though I guess you'd have to add an extra arc where Anakin was using the darkside for his entire childhood.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if you strike bernie down he will become more powerful than you could ever imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

how do refunds even work, I had no idea that was even a thing

obviously the campaign ain't gonna like, cut them a check for anything they've fronted so I assume it's taken out of future donations? So like a lot of them coming in post-debate are going to Bernie bros to give to Bernie instead?