Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Is the discord link in the op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I swear to god EBRs must keep a couple dozen spare tires strapped around the hull of the tank to absorb shots

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Discord link:

https://discord.gg/CWRJPe

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

ROFLburger posted:

I swear to god EBRs must keep a couple dozen spare tires strapped around the hull of the tank to absorb shots

I wish I could attach ebr tires to every square inch of armor on all my tanks.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Speaking of shell absorbing wheelies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRBtEPtxjI

I forgot to post this comedy game from circon.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Last I heard the unlock cost for the IS-2-II will be 51k xp, but the :negative: of it will be the module grind, since the IS-2-II starts with 2x 85mm. So maybe bank ~50k free xp and use gold to get the 100mm guns earlier rather than later.

lol I've only got like 13k free exp atm might have to spend actual money again

wheely tanks are dumb like who the gently caress can fix a tyre while it's moving I'm really mad about it since a 1 shottable EBR absorbed my E4 golden shell with like 300+ pen and hosed me hard life is not fair

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I forgot to complete the albums with items made from shards because I figured the event was up until Friday. Please kill me now.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Wargaming has the TL-1 LPC (Pretty Fly) tank on sale for a higher price than when it was first announced. So I figured I would give my own mini review on the tank because I have played it enough to maybe somewhat shed light to anyone who wants it: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/tl-1-lpc-pretty-fly/

Is it worth the price of admission? Depends. If you like the Offspring and enjoy their music you will most definitely enjoy Dexter and Noodles talking to each other. As for battle performance its basically a Patton at Tier 8. Nothing really more can be said other than the obvious premium benefits it has. It has decent accuracy, fairly good aim time provided you have vents, and the damage may seem abysmal but its penetration from premium ammo is nothing to laugh at (280mm)

It performs fairly well as a medium and its speed is great for changing flanks or falling back. As long as you show off the front of your turret and are far enough away from enemy fire you will bounce shots very reliably. This tank loves hills and cresting over them from the side.

To me it isn't OP. But if you enjoy American medium tanks at least this tank is better than the Swedish counterpart the Primo Victoria. Sorry Sabaton. :(

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

now there's 2 rock band tanks? I demand a Waylon and Willie tank for country music likers maybe a Johnny Cash patton

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Fat Jesus posted:

now there's 2 rock band tanks? I demand a Waylon and Willie tank for country music likers maybe a Johnny Cash patton

'Scuse me Sabaton isn't Rock. It's Metal. And they own.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I demand a Backstreet Boys tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

I demand a Backstreet Boys tank.

backstreet boys themed wt100 premium - backstreet's back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Wargaming has the TL-1 LPC (Pretty Fly) tank on sale for a higher price than when it was first announced. So I figured I would give my own mini review on the tank because I have played it enough to maybe somewhat shed light to anyone who wants it: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/premium-shop/tl-1-lpc-pretty-fly/

Is it worth the price of admission? Depends. If you like the Offspring and enjoy their music you will most definitely enjoy Dexter and Noodles talking to each other. As for battle performance its basically a Patton at Tier 8. Nothing really more can be said other than the obvious premium benefits it has. It has decent accuracy, fairly good aim time provided you have vents, and the damage may seem abysmal but its penetration from premium ammo is nothing to laugh at (280mm)

It performs fairly well as a medium and its speed is great for changing flanks or falling back. As long as you show off the front of your turret and are far enough away from enemy fire you will bounce shots very reliably. This tank loves hills and cresting over them from the side.

To me it isn't OP. But if you enjoy American medium tanks at least this tank is better than the Swedish counterpart the Primo Victoria. Sorry Sabaton. :(

I took the camo and crew out of it.

I like the tank with no gimmicks.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

I took the camo and crew out of it.

I like the tank with no gimmicks.

Aww I would have kept the crew for something like being put into the Tier 9 Patton. Its a real solid crew trainer and kinda is new player friendly.

The gimmicks take their toll after awhile I agree. "Penetration. huhuhuhhhuhu".

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Crazyeyes24 posted:

If there is a goon looking for a NA server referral link: https://worldoftanks.com/referral/eb7e78c1933d4605be30dec062091b86

Got room for 2 more if anyone wants. Hit me up on discord if you'd like to platoon.

I might be interested in creating a new account just for the hell of it; I'm presuming the reward for this version of the referral program is meaningful? It got you a unique (and mediocre) tier 8 premium back when I did it. The next time you see me on Discord remind me and see if I'm still in the mood for it.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Aww I would have kept the crew for something like being put into the Tier 9 Patton. Its a real solid crew trainer and kinda is new player friendly.

The gimmicks take their toll after awhile I agree. "Penetration. huhuhuhhhuhu".

Wait who's your crew, Beavis & Butthead? :confused:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i did it

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5187883#siegfried_line-turmoilx-t57_heavy_tank this is the replay if anyone cares, its nothing special i was not happy because team mates kept getting in my way and the enemy wasnt being easy.. tank is kinda hard because its so slow with no armor but drat is it fun when no one aims at you you get in a good spot to shoot enemies in the side all battle.. thats why i have some how got 1600 battles in it (similar to the 3k games in my batchat)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 16, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turmoilx posted:

i did it

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5187883#siegfried_line-turmoilx-t57_heavy_tank this is the replay if anyone cares, its nothing special i was not happy because team mates kept getting in my way and the enemy wasnt being easy.. tank is kinda hard because its so slow with no armor but drat is it fun when no one aims at you you get in a good spot to shoot enemies in the side all battle.. thats why i have some how got 1600 battles in it (similar to the 3k games in my batchat)

Grats.

They should really undo the gun nerfs to it. So many of the nerfed tanks just been power creeped that it just makes no sense for them to remain as they are. Like if the T34 heavy got its stats changed back to when it was a T9 (minus the HP) it would probably be a great heavy again.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Atomizer posted:

Wait who's your crew, Beavis & Butthead? :confused:

During battle Dexter and Noodles crack jokes. If one shot connects and does damage it has a chance Dexter will make that joke.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Not going to loving lie.

If that tank played the Crazy Taxi theme on repeat, I'd buy it in a goddamn second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcZrv_8ZEA

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Atomizer posted:

I might be interested in creating a new account just for the hell of it; I'm presuming the reward for this version of the referral program is meaningful? It got you a unique (and mediocre) tier 8 premium back when I did it. The next time you see me on Discord remind me and see if I'm still in the mood for it.

Eh, it is different. This time around you earn points to progress recruit ranks both as a recruit for just playing and wins and stuff, as well as for playing together in a platoon. Each recruit can go through 3 tiers and each one gives some sort of reward along the way. At the end the recruit gets to pick a tier 6 or 7 premium and the recruiter gets to pick a tier 8.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/referral-program-2-0-start/

It is also worth noting that you get +50% bonus credits for platooning with your recruit, and the recruit gets +100% XP and credits for platooning with their recruiter. The recruit passively gets +50% XP and Credits playing alone.

This means the recruit basically gets free premium time for the length of the recruitment contract. Its pretty sweet.

So if you are less than 200 battles, or haven't played in 60 days, try to get a hook up with a recruiter link.

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 16, 2020

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
invites reset in 6 days as well, so even if you are full with recruits at the moment, in under a week you get 2 more slots to offer to people.

I have Bitwise and Flayer at the moment, haven't seen either of them on yet to play with them, however, I am on every night at the moment around 19:00-22:00 UK time.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how difficult is it to get through the stages?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dravs posted:

invites reset in 6 days as well, so even if you are full with recruits at the moment, in under a week you get 2 more slots to offer to people.

I have Bitwise and Flayer at the moment, haven't seen either of them on yet to play with them, however, I am on every night at the moment around 19:00-22:00 UK time.
Ha, yeah I created an account on PC but haven't played yet (playing on console). I will play on the PC client at some point but can't say when so if you are full of recruits feel free to remove me although I will (eventually) get round to making time to try out WoT PC.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Slaapaav posted:

Each stage needs 500 recruit points, for 1500 total.

Recruits earn 2 for a victory, 2 for combined assist and damage exceeding their HP, and 10 for each heroic medals (High caliber, Steel Wall, etc).

When platooned with the recruit, the commander and recruit can additionally earn 5 for doing 3k damage as a platoon, 15 points for playing 5 battles together, and 20 points for earning brothers in arms/crucial contribution.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Slaapaav posted:

I joined in Nov.

Turmoil recruited me a week or so into it.

I finished early Jan.

I mean, it all depends on whether you play, right?

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Sounded like a hailstorm....

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
yeah you can finish the referral thing if you're experienced in just 300 battles, im still waiting on them up change the reward tanks before i select a tier 8.

i finally got a tracking number for the *cringe as i type* "hard drive" i hope its a m.2 that would be not cringe but i shall find out on the 22nd when it says its expected to arrive

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Eh, it is different. This time around you earn points to progress recruit ranks both as a recruit for just playing and wins and stuff, as well as for playing together in a platoon. Each recruit can go through 3 tiers and each one gives some sort of reward along the way. At the end the recruit gets to pick a tier 6 or 7 premium and the recruiter gets to pick a tier 8.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/referral-program-2-0-start/

It is also worth noting that you get +50% bonus credits for platooning with your recruit, and the recruit gets +100% XP and credits for platooning with their recruiter. The recruit passively gets +50% XP and Credits playing alone.

This means the recruit basically gets free premium time for the length of the recruitment contract. Its pretty sweet.

So if you are less than 200 battles, or haven't played in 60 days, try to get a hook up with a recruiter link.

Oh I've been playing pretty regularly for...8 years? I was just considering, for a change of pace, playing a new account to get someone else the rewards if they're worth it.

Turmoilx posted:

i finally got a tracking number for the *cringe as i type* "hard drive" i hope its a m.2 that would be not cringe but i shall find out on the 22nd when it says its expected to arrive

It's definitely an m.2 SSD, there's no way they put an actual HDD in a contest as a reward. Hell, not only are good SSDs cheap right now, it's even cheaper to ship one than an HDD!

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
You don't want to start a new account. The new player experience is garbage especially if you're used to having equipment and enough free xp to skip stock guns.

The +50% credits and XP from the referral program along with the holiday bonus has been a huge help upgrading tanks. I'm on the KV-85 and will get the IS today or tomorrow. Goodbye -3 degrees of gun depression.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So youtube recommended me a pretty cool little tank video last night. A still working sherman firefly that even has the 17pdr gun mounted. But that is not all. It is also of the rare breed multibank variant. IE, this thing has 5 chrysler inline 6 cylinder engines slaved together to a single drive shaft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYyh2NGPo3U

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 17, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I thought the first wheeled vehicles were supposed to be American? Am I high or wasn't that what was supposed to happen?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I thought the first wheeled vehicles were supposed to be American? Am I high or wasn't that what was supposed to happen?

It was either russian or american. But what I remember being discussed was the christy tanks. Americans would be some prototype/napkin designs while for russia, the bt line would be separated out and some other napkin designs added. But the gimmick was envisioned at the time to just be a more resistant to tracking tank since the tracks blowing off didn't mean much for those tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

It was either russian or american. But what I remember being discussed was the christy tanks. Americans would be some prototype/napkin designs while for russia, the bt line would be separated out and some other napkin designs added. But the gimmick was envisioned at the time to just be a more resistant to tracking tank since the tracks blowing off didn't mean much for those tanks.

ah right the christie tanks...

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Atomizer posted:

Oh I've been playing pretty regularly for...8 years? I was just considering, for a change of pace, playing a new account to get someone else the rewards if they're worth it.

2Jets posted:

You don't want to start a new account. The new player experience is garbage especially if you're used to having equipment and enough free xp to skip stock guns.

The +50% credits and XP from the referral program along with the holiday bonus has been a huge help upgrading tanks. I'm on the KV-85 and will get the IS today or tomorrow. Goodbye -3 degrees of gun depression.

This. Unless you've been away for 60 days, dont worry about it. If you really want an alt account I would be happy to give it one of my recruit slots, though so you get the bonuses.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

localloop posted:

Sounded like a hailstorm....

lol yeah the KV-220 can lead to some funny stuff

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So WoT Blitz is adding ATGMs: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/01/15/wot-blitz-update-6-7-guided-missile-tanks/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

o_o

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Oh hell yeah. :getin:

They did say on stream today that they are looking to introduce a lot more game mechanics this year...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Dez just posted an ST-II gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhZhGAYnFA

AP/HEAT/HE - no APCR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

First time doing something like this and it feels so good. :getin: