Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Orlando's growth boom has been so recent and so rapid that my current office was a cow pasture until 2005. We didn't even get our first proper cocktail bar (the kind with original drinks and jiggers to measure everything) until 2012. Now there's three or four within walking distance, plus more in the outlying towns like Winter Park and Sanford. Entire neighborhoods have sprung up in the past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

zoux posted:

Manny Jacinto thought the name Blake Bortles was made up for like 2 seasons, due to the ridiculousness of the name

Wait, are you trying to say Blake Bortles is a real name?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aramoro posted:

Wait, are you trying to say Blake Bortles is a real name?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
thought y'all were talking bout these guys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What's hilarious about this image you chose which by the way is good content for this thread is that he looks photoshopped lol maybe Blake Bortles was never real it would explain some of his performances

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

This would be so scary to drive, beautiful though

Why would a perfectly straight road on a perfectly flat earth be scary to drive on? Just don't turn and you'll be fine.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah exactly I don't see why it's scarier than any other highway, assuming you're not driving a sailtractor trailer.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

This would be so scary to drive, beautiful though

Yeah, take it on a nice day and it's really cool.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Orlando's growth boom has been so recent and so rapid that my current office was a cow pasture until 2005. We didn't even get our first proper cocktail bar (the kind with original drinks and jiggers to measure everything) until 2012. Now there's three or four within walking distance, plus more in the outlying towns like Winter Park and Sanford. Entire neighborhoods have sprung up in the past decade.

poo poo. I lived there as a kid - pre-mouse days. Back then Orlando was old people and orange groves. Literally. There was a grove behind our house and orange and lemon trees in the yard. And we lived in Orlando itdelf, not on the outskirts. It was just a small, quiet southern city with a pinch of excitement from the space launches less than an hour away.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

That's Clearwater!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
this is all a ploy to out all the florida goons

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Ah, so you are just a goober then, got it.

I resent, and resemble this remark

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

King of False Promises posted:

That's Clearwater!

Click the pic?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

What's hilarious about this image you chose which by the way is good content for this thread is that he looks photoshopped lol maybe Blake Bortles was never real it would explain some of his performances

As another person who didn't know he was real at first I think the best part of that image is learning he's not just Blake Bortles. He's Bobby Blake Bortles.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
He took his middle name..?

Bob Bortles would be a great name and would help delay the Bob Emergency.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Ok

gently caress you nyc you piece of poo poo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha c'mon we all know Clearwater is 20 miles from tampa

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kiimo posted:

Blake Bortles is absolutely real and was the best thing to happen to the Jaguars since Mark Brunnell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry you got locked in that safe, Jason.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah exactly I don't see why it's scarier than any other highway, assuming you're not driving a sailtractor trailer.

If you drive on it while it's snowing or icy, you might spin out and go off onto an iceberg :ohdear:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ocala is bad.

Tampa is worse.

Jacksonville is the worst.

Orlando really is getting better.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Ok

gently caress you nyc you piece of poo poo.

As a former New Yorker, this but unironically

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What is your opinion on Gainesville?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

I think they lead the league in serial killers.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Gainesville is the type of place one can get a job by striking up a conversation at a urinal.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

I've never believed his birthdate, he's clearly at least 10 years older.

This was taken when he was "25":

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry you got locked in that safe, Jason.
At least he died doing what he loved... a bunch of whip-its.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MrUnderbridge posted:

poo poo. I lived there as a kid - pre-mouse days. Back then Orlando was old people and orange groves. Literally. There was a grove behind our house and orange and lemon trees in the yard. And we lived in Orlando itdelf, not on the outskirts. It was just a small, quiet southern city with a pinch of excitement from the space launches less than an hour away.
Pre mouse?

Are you 80?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think they lead the league in serial killers.

IDK what about Waco?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Pre mouse?

Are you 80?

Walt Disney World opened in 1971. They could easily be 55-60.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Hello from someone who escaped West Palm Beach in 2002. It was hot and the people sucked, but the seafood and hispanic food of all varieties cannot be replicated in Pittsburgh.

Trump lives there now and we knew he was a fucknugget before he started running for president, but I guess the rest of the state didn't get the memo.

On a related note gently caress anywhere in Florida more North and West of it.

Magical Ponies
Jun 21, 2005

She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable.
DUUUUVAALLLL

The Good Place's jokes about Jacksonville are so beautifully spot on.

Here's the scene of a murder in Jax. Maaaybe take down the halloween decorations before you off someone?

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Wasn't there a scene in the Big Short about this?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yeah, take it on a nice day and it's really cool.

I drove this about a decade ago and it was cool as hell. Key west was really fun and laid back compared to miami.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Walt Disney World opened in 1971. They could easily be 55-60.

We have a winner. :corsair:

Second and fourth grades, while Dad was in Vietnam. Naturally Grampa lived in a condo in Sunny Florida so we picked there instead of Tiny Town, Minnesota where the other grandparents lived.

The big plus was going to Cocoa Beach on the regular, and watching Apollos 11, 12 and 13 launch from a few miles away. Other than that, not a lot of entertainment options for kids.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MrUnderbridge posted:

We have a winner. :corsair:

Second and fourth grades, while Dad was in Vietnam. Naturally Grampa lived in a condo in Sunny Florida so we picked there instead of Tiny Town, Minnesota where the other grandparents lived.

The big plus was going to Cocoa Beach on the regular, and watching Apollos 11, 12 and 13 launch from a few miles away. Other than that, not a lot of entertainment options for kids.

Goddamn I thought I was old...wow

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Getting to watch the Apollo launches from the beach sounds like a pretty awesome memory to have made.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My dad's best friend worked for NASA when I was a kid, so I got to hang out in some of their buildings and see some cool stuff. We also got invited to the family viewing area to watch shuttle launches a few times.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Orlando is the place people come from around the world to do tourist stuff and burn off their rear end in a top hat energy so they can act human the rest of the time.

For this, we must thank it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Florida is great as long as you go far away from where all the people are and look at the cool alligators and iguanas.

For example check out this sassy boy.