Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

please dont eat the fundie chicken, there's also a popeyes in mcnamara

Thank you for putting it better than I could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Midjack posted:

You probably won’t even get stabbed to death at that one! :v:

Where's the fun in that?

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Midjack posted:

You probably won’t even get stabbed to death at that one! :v:

How else am I to be entertained at DTW?

Edit: Beaten by KillHour like I cut in front of him in line at Popeyes. :sigh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mackieman posted:

Edit: Beaten by KillHour like I cut in front of him in line at Popeyes. :sigh:

:toughguy:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Whoa, the new terminal at MSY is pretty nice. Unfortunately, you now have to take a bus to the rental cars though. Still, a big improvement.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
When did AA stop having directs from MIA to IAD? bogus

Mackieman posted:

Improvising Manhattans in the Sky Club while recovering from twelve-hour transpac flights.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You have some low standards for booze. And entertainment.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

You have some low standards for booze. And entertainment.

Don't doxx me

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
First trip of the year, hello PHX my old friend :(

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Waroduce posted:

First trip of the year, hello PHX my old friend :(

I get LAS tomorrow and PHX Tuesday, I know the feeling...

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/eoincarrigan/status/1216157202924306433?s=21

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what the gently caress

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I've seen executive suites with their own conference room before but loving lol

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Seen a lot of those especially at busy conferences where it’s easier for a manager to get one of those and have all his reports use them for customer meetings. One time a co-worker got one without asking for it and there wasn’t a bed in the room.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arzakon posted:

Seen a lot of those especially at busy conferences where it’s easier for a manager to get one of those and have all his reports use them for customer meetings. One time a co-worker got one without asking for it and there wasn’t a bed in the room.

Sometimes there’s a Murphy bed that isn’t obvious but lol if not.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I have worked for multiple companies that try to book a regular room and cram bunch of office gear in it to conduct meetings. This is just the hotel playing the game.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Last time I was at the McCormick Hyatt I got upgraded to a similar giant room. Had a sweet couch, TV, and a separate bedroom.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Last time I was at the McCormick Hyatt I got upgraded to a similar giant room. Had a sweet couch, TV, and a separate bedroom.

i comprehend a separate bedroom but not a like, studio meeting room

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni
I was ambivalent about using my own device for streaming until I wanted to watch the BCS championship. Bring back fixed screens!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

me, after having a single flight that had a connection: “is this what it’s like to qualify on segments?”

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

me, after riding the most fuckin beat to poo poo skywest crj2 out to gently caress rear end nowhere and back in ~26 hrs: "gently caress im gonna qualify on segments again"

i got a letter today from Delta. No more 360 for me.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Where can I get a great glass of wine and something to eat to go along with it in Minny?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

sellouts posted:

Where can I get a great glass of wine and something to eat to go along with it in Minny?

Manny’s, Bar La Grassa, 112, Butcher and the Boar

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I went to Estrella and it owned

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Oh my, the CLT admirals club has skittles in the twist canisters. It’s like they know my secret weakness!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
At Frontera ORD on a 1hr45min layover. Ordered food at bar to skip line. Small victories.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Mandalay posted:

At Frontera ORD on a 1hr45min layover. Ordered food at bar to skip line. Small victories.

You know you can order online ahead of time and have it ready and waiting for you?

After about six weeks of not having to get on a plane the next six weeks are going to be a bit mental. I fly to Columbus next week then drive down to Daytona then back to DC, a week later is Chicago, then two weeks home, then Gothenburg, then home, then Whistler, then home, then Geneva.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Fun: get to figure out how to get from Chantilly at 4p to on a plane at 6:30p in a couple weeks.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Mandalay posted:

Missed ya by a day it sounds like. I did the same thing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Fun: get to figure out how to get from Chantilly at 4p to on a plane at 6:30p in a couple weeks.

Udvar-Hazy to IAD? There’s a bus, it’s only one stop.

quote:

From Washington Dulles International Airport to the Udvar-Hazy Center in VA:
From Ground Transportation, take Fairfax Connector No. 983 one stop to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Bus fares paid with SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change.

https://airandspace.si.edu/visit/udvar-hazy-center/directions

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

drgitlin posted:

Udvar-Hazy to IAD? There’s a bus, it’s only one stop.

I fuckin’ wish, been a decade since I’ve been to the museum. Got an all-day meeting for my first trip of the year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Don’t gently caress around and 28 will still be clear at that time. It’ll get drastically worse the longer you wait.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Headed to NYC in a few weeks and planned on flying in on a Saturday to catch a Broadway show. If the show is at 8pm and I'm flying in to LGA at 5pm, is that cutting it too close? The hotel and theater are about 8mi away (est. 1 hour in traffic) but I've heard LGA is a shitshow and I've never been to NY so just want to make sure I'm not gonna screw myself on time (there is a flight I can probably take that's about 90min earlier).

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hmmxkrazee posted:

Headed to NYC in a few weeks and planned on flying in on a Saturday to catch a Broadway show. If the show is at 8pm and I'm flying in to LGA at 5pm, is that cutting it too close? The hotel and theater are about 8mi away (est. 1 hour in traffic) but I've heard LGA is a shitshow and I've never been to NY so just want to make sure I'm not gonna screw myself on time (there is a flight I can probably take that's about 90min earlier).

I’d go early for no reason other than it’s the winter and you can get boned by weather pretty easily. I have a similar deal heading to Chicago next Saturday and am arriving several hours early for exactly this reason.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

drgitlin posted:

You know you can order online ahead of time and have it ready and waiting for you?

Yeah but I wanted a nice place to sit as well before I broke down and bought an admirals club membership for $550

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

no shot i'd risk expensive broadway tickets on counting on a flight into new york being on time

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Mandalay posted:

Yeah but I wanted a nice place to sit as well before I broke down and bought an admirals club membership for $550
This may change eventually, but it's actually cheaper just to get the credit card that includes a membership.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

That’s a little close for LGA. They’re doing construction so the Uber/cab situation can be a true shitshow depending on if they’re bussing people to the second location. There’s also TERRIBLE public trans options to Manhattan. Just go a little earlier and have time to go to a cool bar near your show.

ALSO there’s a crazy ramen spot in westside called Ippudo Ichiran where you sit in an individual study booth and they serve you the best ramen this side of the pacific.

taco show fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 16, 2020

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Alright thanks! Will take the earlier flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Midjack posted:

Don’t gently caress around and 28 will still be clear at that time. It’ll get drastically worse the longer you wait.

Is Old Ox to Ariane (in green) a viable way to get to the rental car z0ne if 28 (in magenta) is messed up?