Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/handleyzo/status/1217619189181112320?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Steyer is too pure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
^^^^gripweed!!!

https://twitter.com/handleyzo/status/1217619189181112320?s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
She might actually believe what she was saying but her handling of the whole thing without providing any context at all makes it very hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Steyer’s likability probably jumped a few points.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Meanwhile Mayor Pete continues to pander to his core demo:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1217625015417475072

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

CubanMissile posted:

Steyer’s likability probably jumped a few points.

i have been dying to see that clip with the curb music played over it when steyer walks up.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Warren won’t drop this and is gonna end up having some god awful press conference.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

She might actually believe what she was saying but her handling of the whole thing without providing any context at all makes it very hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

That seems more like trying to passively aggressively prove yourself to be telling the truth. If you know CNN will hot mic you, create a scene where you declare your innocence, but make sure you phrase it in a half assed way where Bernie doesnt respond "you know what I actually said." "You called me a liar in public" is ambiguous enough to make the publicity the subject instead of what she said. And CNN works with it because the drama gets them money.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I guess at this point what does she have to lose? What do any of them have to lose? For the top four candidates in this race, this is all their absolute last chance to be president. Three of them are too old and this is literally Pete's only chance to get out of local politics. So gently caress it, why not burn bridges?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Honestly I think the best thing for Sanders to do is just ignore her from now on, ghost her completely. Let her campaign flail and lash out as they fade in the polls, it's only going to make her look worse

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Was going to post “incoming claims that Bernie is gaslighting Warren” but it’s sadly already happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...e%3F_amp%3Dtrue

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

rscott posted:

Honestly I think the best thing for Sanders to do is just ignore her from now on, ghost her completely. Let her campaign flail and lash out as they fade in the polls, it's only going to make her look worse

Agreed. He can't sink to her level.

I don't think he even called her a liar, did he? I'm pretty sure he was just "hell no I didn't say that"

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

They're going to see stuff like that crappy 538 poll saying "wow Warren's favorability is up!", decide that correlation DOES equal causation, get encouraged and double down on this line of attack.

And even if Warren did somehow turn this into a primary win she's guaranteed to lose the general election because she's basically torched her credibility on this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rscott posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOSdRMSG_k

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

I guess at this point what does she have to lose? What do any of them have to lose? For the top four candidates in this race, this is all their absolute last chance to be president. Three of them are too old and this is literally Pete's only chance to get out of local politics. So gently caress it, why not burn bridges?

This isn't Pete's only chance. We'll be dealing with the little poo poo for years. I could see him trying to primary Bernie in 4 years if Bernie wins and runs again.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked Warren. Then the DNA test destroyed like 80% of that because it's was an astoundingly bad, dumb, thing to do. Now I have zero support for her and at this point I actively dread thinking about having to vote for her after her surely doomed general election campaign.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mat Cauthon posted:

She knew that mics were rolling and tried to set him up.

Yep. Wouldn't be shocked if one of her campaign folks tipped off CNN to let them know she was going to "confront" him.

This whole thing this stupidly obviously coordinated. Warren and her advisor "pals" want to get their narrative going and CNN wants to do to politics what Food Network did to cooking shows - lots of one dimensional fake personalities yelling and ganache-ing with drama bombshells conveniently appearing whenever viewer attention needs to be boosted.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Lame Devil posted:

Was going to post “incoming claims that Bernie is gaslighting Warren” but it’s sadly already happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...e%3F_amp%3Dtrue

quote:

Watching the Tuesday night kabuki in slo-mo, you can see that Sanders (I-Vt.), who’s notoriously irritable and suffers from cardiac issues, was riled by whatever Warren said, and by her refusal to be touched. He shook a finger at her. Then again. He seemed intent on freeing her right hand to grab it.

Holy poo poo.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Meatball posted:

Agreed. He can't sink to her level.

I don't think he even called her a liar, did he? I'm pretty sure he was just "hell no I didn't say that"

He just said "No, I didn't say that" then CNN asked Warren why he said it. Like with that spurious script Warren supporters were saying was a terrible attack on her, when it was actually very mild and measured criticism about how if she could grow her base.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

CNN is going to scream non-stop about this, huh? I really hope this doesn't stick on the other networks.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Roluth posted:

CNN is going to scream non-stop about this, huh? I really hope this doesn't stick on the other networks.

I mean confrontation audio was a wet fart that people can decipher how they want and won't change anyone's minds and seems like most people have decided gently caress Warren so imagine it will die out since it's not being effective.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Roluth posted:

MSNBC had quite a few people actually criticizing them for such obscene obvious bias. I was pleasantly surprised.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

“It means to tell the truth no matter what the cost is,” Mr Steyer said. “For a while now, I have drawn it on my hand every day to remind myself to always tell the truth. I later discovered that it has traditionally been known as a Jerusalem cross.”

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Draynar posted:

I mean confrontation audio was a wet fart that people can decipher how they want and won't change anyone's minds and seems like most people have decided gently caress Warren so imagine it will die out since it's not being effective.

I hope you are right. Just...why now, and why Bernie? That's the big thing I'm stuck on. Does she think she can recapture the leftists she lost when she crashed a not so long ago? Is she trying to grab centrist credentials? Why go negative on such a dumb comment?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Not surprising. She's the type of person to always interpret things in ways that are favorable to her own self-image and ambitions. She has probably convinced herself that she was telling the truth, because acknowledging otherwise would both imply bad things about herself and (in her understanding) hurt her political ambitions.

It's also not impossible that she was making a deliberate attempt at stirring up poo poo and getting Bernie to say something that sounds bad, but I don't think she's quite that "calculating."

She’s the Peggy Hill of this primary.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

I did see a lot of pieces on other major networks criticizing Warren and especially CNN for this whole nonsense, as well as how Bernie was treated during the debate. I don't think this is going to have a huge impact, but I'm afraid its gonna be *just* enough to help Biden.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Roluth posted:

I hope you are right. Just...why now, and why Bernie? That's the big thing I'm stuck on. Does she think she can recapture the leftists she lost when she crashed a not so long ago? Is she trying to grab centrist credentials? Why go negative on such a dumb comment?

Because he's the only candidate she could realistically go after. The Media wouldn't play ball if she was going after Biden. The media already laid the ground work with the whole Bernie Bro bullshit in 2016.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Roluth posted:

I think she's also bad at attacking other candidates, or at least someone with bad instincts for it. It's why she's someone who goes in on more complicated policy first.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1217617717198495745

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Roluth posted:

She wants a job in the Biden admin just like how she shrugged Bernie off in 2016 cause Hillary made a deal with her. She's poo poo and not to be trusted to deliver a "progressive" administration.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

What a loving joke. If other media don't tear this sham to pieces..

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

She wants a job in the Biden admin just like how she shrugged Bernie off in 2016 cause Hillary made a deal with her. She's poo poo and not to be trusted to deliver a "progressive" administration.

And to get it she torched her carefully manicured persona and made that impossible with the stupidest scheme in the world.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I think Steyer might be my #2 candidate now lol

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Yeah what the gently caress. I actually like Steyer more than Warren.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Don't trust a ho, don't trust me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I still don't believe this is what she's going for, if for no other reason than her campaign really is dumb enough to think this would help her chance of winning. Remember, these are the people who thought the DNA test was a good idea.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Roluth posted:

She wants to win and Bernie is in her lane, ahead of her. It's now or never. That's all there is to it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Tom Steyer is just a minor threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I think Steyer might be my #2 candidate now lol

Steyer is above Pete, Amy and Biden, not like that is a hard bar to clear. Maybe better than Yang too?

He may be a billionaire and have some bad opinions, but at the minimum he's human and not senile.