Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Obfuscation posted:

Your license will expire in 2033 no matter what it says on the card, this changed few years ago.

What the gently caress? I'm gonna have to learn to drive again?

The 50s were fine because I was never gonna make it there but there's at least a 20% chance I'll be alive 13 years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

bloom posted:

What the gently caress? I'm gonna have to learn to drive again?

As far as I know it's just a doctor's check + new photo + send Trafi some money and you get a new card.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Obfuscation posted:

As far as I know it's just a doctor's check + new photo + send Trafi some money and you get a new card.

Saatanan Kekkoslovakia.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Rich people don't like to drive around in vans or trucks though.

Companies can own other types of cars too. Also, quite a lot of those vans and cars with a "huoltoajo" sign are privately owned, but the company just pays expenses.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Darkest Auer posted:

Companies can own other types of cars too. Also, quite a lot of those vans and cars with a "huoltoajo" sign are privately owned, but the company just pays expenses.

Also contractors that are separated from the entity that employs them by 15 middleman companies.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Literally Marxist-Leninist Party MP Anna Kontula got caught Monday trying to sneak into Gaza to join Hamas and take down Israel.

Ilta-Saatana posted:

Kansanedustaja Anna Kontula halusi rikkoa lakia – miksi kenenkään muunkaan pitäisi noudattaa sitä?

Thankfully the 4th estate is keeping its eyes open.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
if Konna Antula is the messiah who shows us the way to freedom then so be it :anarchists:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"I just saw a guy smoking a joint - why shouldn't I murder and eat your children?" -Ilta-Sanomat

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006373747.html

vitunmoinen spede posted:

”Kritisoimalla ainoastaan Israelin saartoa Gazasta, ja olemalla kohdistamatta mitään kritiikkiä tai toimenpiteitä Egyptin vastaavaan saartoon, on kyseinen kansanedustaja International Holocaust Remembrance Associationin (IHRA) määritelmän mukaan melko todennäköisesti syyllistynyt antisemitismiin”

loving amazing discourse from these geniuses. Literal nazis wishing their destruction marching on streets and THIS is what they comment on.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fated To Be Fat posted:

loving amazing discourse from these geniuses. Literal nazis wishing their destruction marching on streets and THIS is what they comment on.

i am amazed that you are amazed by the standard level of discourse regarding israel in the west

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

Kurnugia posted:

i am amazed that you are amazed by the standard level of discourse regarding israel in the west

thats it, ive got ligur brain, nazbol gang for life

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is parliament in recess or something?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Fated To Be Fat posted:

It seems like the new discourse, unfortunately. UK's Corbyn was hit with a wave of antisemitism charges, and now that that seemed to work, they are using the tactic elsewhere also.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
lol they called their organization "ihra"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

which, coincidentally, is also paavo arhinmäki's password

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It seems like the new discourse, unfortunately. UK's Corbyn was hit with a wave of antisemitism charges, and now that that seemed to work, they are using the tactic elsewhere also.

jekku on jenkeistä tuttu, muut vaan kokeilee niitä myös täällä koska me kaikki eletään ameriikassa ja se on wunderbar

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's going to happen to Bernie, which is going to be especially galling. But yeah, not looking forward to "leftism is actually antisemitism, please ignore the literal nazis" discourse.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is parliament in recess or something?

It, in fact, is! That's how the Constitutional Committee has time to spare on the bullshit Haavisto investigation. I am already expecting this process to get weaponized on a larger scale by the opposition, since we need only the signatures of 10 MPs to launch a weeks-long convoluted series of hearings and investigations into any nothingburger they can come up with. I am just resisting the urge to start calling it Al-Holghazi.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 15, 2020

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
"Leftism is inherently antisemitic" is such an amazing feat of backwards logic because it rests on the basic premise that all jews are fervent capitalists and that's somehow not supposed to be the antisemitic part

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Have we already discussed the proposed extension of mandatory education?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Adaptabullshit posted:

Have we already discussed the proposed extension of mandatory education?

The only education you need is elämäm_koulu.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Meinasin jo iloita että viimeinkin poliitikko sanoo jotakin järkevää Israelin suhteen,

Iltapaska posted:

Kansanedustaja Anna Kontula (vas) puolustelee omaa toimintaansa Gaza-protestissaan ja kehottaa Juutalaisten maailmankongressia menemään itseensä antisemitismi-puheissaan.

– Juutalaisten maailmanneuvosto ei ole minuun ollut minkäänlaisessa yhteydessä. Oletan, että viesti ei ollut suunnattu minulle, vaan yleisemmäksi keskustelupuheenvuoroksi, Kontula sanoi.

– Juutalaisen maailmanneuvoston tulisi nyt mennä itseensä ja tutkia sydäntään tarkoin, ja pohtia kuinka viisasta on inflatoida niinkin vakava käsite kuin antisemitismi politiikan työvälineeksi, jossa funktiona on lähinnä turvata Israelin asekauppapoliittisia intressejä, Kontula jatkoi.

mutta nyt kun oikeastaan tutkin asiaa niin keissihän on nyt se että tätä jatkuu kunnes joku hoksii että hetkonen, vasemmistoliittohan tässä lähinnä vain kärsii jos ei pyydetä anteeksi tätä hirveää antisemitismiä. Ellei sitten juttu tule lakaistuksi maton alle kun jotain muuta kiinnostavaa tapahtuu ja ISIL yms. eivät annakaan enää palstatilaa tälle.

e: Niin ja tarkennan vielä, tuo viimeinen vaihtoehto ei tapahdu koska esim IL on jo keksinyt otsikon joka tulee melko varmasti kummittelemaan jatkossakin:

Ruflux fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 16, 2020

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Gortarius posted:

The only education you need is elämäm_koulu.

Im kinda on the fence with the whole proposed thing.

Yeah, it would give youths some vocational education. I dont really know how well can someone with only a secondary school diploma fare in the job market.

Thenagain, where would all these pakkoamis/lukio people go to work?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Kontula is 100 percent in the right.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Ruflux posted:

jotain muuta kiinnostavaa tapahtuu ja ISIL yms. eivät annakaan enää palstatilaa tälle.

Ja tapahtui, PS-porukan ja Niikon kiinabisnekset lävähti esille.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Onko tämä Ville Vähämäki se vitun saunan vuokraaja?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Adaptabullshit posted:

Im kinda on the fence with the whole proposed thing.

Yeah, it would give youths some vocational education. I dont really know how well can someone with only a secondary school diploma fare in the job market.

Thenagain, where would all these pakkoamis/lukio people go to work?

Just tryna keep them off the streets for a bit longer tbh.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

doverhog posted:

Kontula is 100 percent in the right.

A-ha! So you admit she's a nazi anti-semite! :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Persut kepuaa aina.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Look, guys. I know that PS has in it's ranks rapists, gaslighters, scammers, drunks, idiots, aatu fans* and racists, but you gotta understand that they will give Suomi takaisin and rajat kiinni and rautaa rajalle and taivaan isä säätää säät ja ilmastot etc.

Only PS can make these things happen because only they have been successful in unifying all these dregs of society into a single force.

You can both beat your wife AND make a difference. You can drink yourself into a never-ending stupor AND get to Brussels. You can be an uneducated piece of white trash AND you can still get to eduskunta. Never give up on your dreams.

So to all the haters: Just back the FRICK off.

Capiche?

*Nazis were cunts, their leader looks like a washed up Charlie Chaplin, and then they also got joned hard and lost the war, so I don't know why you would want to join up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: Rudimentary Finns are treasonous puppets of Kreml and Big Business.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I can't believe that these populists would turn out to be corrupt liars!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Aktiivimalli 2: Aktivoi harder

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriouspost: Rudimentary Finns are treasonous puppets of Kreml and Big Business.

Puppets of Kremlin? Beijing is not going to like that!!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Puppets of Kremlin? Beijing is not going to like that!!

Like they care about us.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
At least the Kontulan Anna Incident produces some wild takes

https://twitter.com/SeidaSohrabi/status/1217883955577466880?s=20

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Sohrabihan on kokoomuslisko joka tykkää esiintyä Lähi-itä- ja islam-asiantuntijana puoluetoverinsa Atte Kalevan tapaan.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Who keeps coming up with these wonderful ideas? (Linkki iltasyöpään)

quote:

Kansanedustaja vaatii suomalaisen vesihuollon yksityistämisen estämistä: ”Järjenvastaista ja vaarallista”
Tänään klo 13:10 (muokattu klo 15:24)
Keskustan Mikko Kärnä pelkää suomalaisen veden päätyvän ulkomaiseen omistukseen.

Jyväskylä on ensimmäisenä suurempana suomalaiskaupunkina valmistelemassa vesihuoltonsa osittaista yksityistämistä.

Suomalainen vesihuolto on lähtökohtaisesti ollut perinteisesti kuntien ja kuntayhtymien sekä julkisomisteisten yhtiöiden hallussa.

Nyt Jyväskylä haluaa sanomalehti Keskisuomalaisen mukaan löytää ”kehittäjäkumppanin” parantamaan kaupungin oman vesihuoltoyhtiö Alvan liiketoimintaa ja tuloksellisuutta. Esiselvityksen mukaan potentiaalisia ostajia löytyy sekä kotimaasta että ulkomailta.

[...]

Kärnä muistuttaa, että muualla Euroopassa - esimerkiksi Saksassa ja Ranskassa - jo kertaalleen yksityistettyä vesihuoltoa on palautettu julkiseen omistukseen.

– Vesihuolto on jouduttu ottamaan takaisin kaupunkien vastuulle, koska asiakasmaksut ovat nousseet pilviin ja huoltovarmuus heikentynyt.

Jyväskylän lisäksi myös Ähtäri selvittää vesihuoltonsa yksityistämistä.

Kärnän mukaan yksityistämisessä on tulevaisuudessa vaarana monista dystooppisista scifi-elokuvista tuttu tilanne, jossa suuryritykset hallitsevat maailmaa omistamansa veden avulla.

I'm guessing that bit about dystopias and the wily Rushkis / Chinese stealing our precious bodily fluids is mostly meant as red meat for kepu's base, but how do these ghouls proposing these things have the gall to claim this won't increase fees and hit the working poor relatively quite hard. We've seen what happened with the power grid, why would this be different? I understand that Jyväskylä is under a lot of pressure (pun unintended) to not increase taxes, but this is also doubleplusungood IMO.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Privatising water is such a fundamentally bad idea with literally no upsides to anyone except the people doing the privateering that it's going to happen all over.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Kaupunginhallitus is

1 KD
2 Kesk
2 Kok
1 PS
3 SDP
1 Vas
3 Vihr

Pöytäkirja doesn't mention who voted for/against, but the KD and PS members did make counterproposals to shitcan or delay, both of which failed. So I'm guessing at least one of SDP or Vihr are being giant idiots since the original proposal passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SDP is incredibly corrupt and on the municipal level their only goal is to berner everything. The difference to Kepu is they usually get away with it.