Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"Way different" is a huge stretch. Nobody really notices that and it's not like you can just tell what the exact style is unless you play alot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the icon is noticably different in terms of shape and more importantly it has a completely different color for each one. or you can just press the goddamn circle button

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

https://gamestalk.net/post-138725/

styleswitch confirmed

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The world of DMC3 isn't ready for Dante's new stand, 「FREE STYLE」

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1217660052351250433

Quicksilver and Doppleganger are included in the style-switching, hell yes! They're mapped to double-tap left and right on the dpad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That really owns and I'm glad they're doing it.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

But what could the other two announcements be? Nintendo costumes? Playable Lady?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

But what could the other two announcements be? Nintendo costumes? Playable Lady?

The current running theory which seems to have strong evidence is "Dante in Smash."

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

ImpAtom posted:

The current running theory which seems to have strong evidence is "Dante in Smash."

I mean the next two dates they outlined were the 30th and Feb 13th, while the next Smash character is getting revealed later today

Fake edit: Wait a minute. Feb 13th is the day before Valentines. It’s definitely playable Lady

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is loving awesome.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I remember picking up Devil May Cry 3 at the Gamestop at Universal Citywalk on my birthday, so I am more than excited to pick it up for the switch when it is released.

I still don't know if Dante will be in Smash, but I will try and main it if he does. I did like DmC Dante and unlocking the sexy shirtless version in Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale, so who knows what costumes will be in this version.

DMC3 was my favorite of the series, so here's hoping something exciting happens soon.

But I will be okay if we get DMC5 Nero or a V trophy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How's the Switch ports of 1 and 2?

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
One of the other announcements could be related to weapon equipping. Maybe allowing you to equip 3 Devil Arms and 3 guns at once instead of 2 each? Or maybe letting you swap them in the start menu? Opening up the style options like this is super awesome and they could also do something with the weapons (like the Style Switcher mod does).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

RBX posted:

Even if the port of 2 was amazing would you even be able to tell?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Im guessing the next update increases weapon slots.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Some European Nintendo outlet accidentally spoiled that its Nero in Smash, not Dante, but the tweet got taken down. Seemed extremely real.

EDIT: just double checked my source and I was wrong. Lmao

DBLEDIT: https://twitter.com/stickybm/status/1217099937567121409?s=21

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 16, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
In 15 minutes we will know if it's right. If it is, I'm going back to smash to SLAM DUNK some fools.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
nah it's just some loser from fire emblem

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Less anime guys with swords!”
“Ok then, we’ll take Nero and Dante and work on something else.”
“Wait please come back”

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Absurd to me that non-fans associate Dante with swords instead of guitars, gauntlets and pizza

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Bust Rodd posted:

“Less anime guys with swords!”
“Ok then, we’ll take Nero and Dante and work on something else.”
“Wait please come back”

Nero and Dante aren't anime, they're real and look after me and tuck me in at night

V is pretty anime though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

RBX posted:

they're based on the recent HD collection version and don't seem to introduce any issues. dmc1 HD is the second best version after the original ps2 japanese release and the HD version of 2 is actually the definitive version (for whatever that matters) because it has an actual reason to beat DMD and an actual reason to change your melee weapon

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Looks like I'm buying DMC3 for the 6th time. drat.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Alkarl posted:

Looks like I'm buying DMC3 for the 6th time. drat.

Like hell were you not gonna see the Crazy Party cutscene in glorious 4k anyway

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtN1enXOMgo

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1222912270679691265?s=19

Full free weapon switch confirmed too. drat, Free Style mode sounds fun af

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The holy trifecta of Rebellion, Beowulf, and Agni & Rudra

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Radial Menu thing sounds really loving good.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it's such an obvious choice the fact that its not in dmc5 is pretty astounding since they realized after dmc4 that just mashing the one button to cycle through causes a longer possible min delay between swapping through two different weapons (so they let you reduce your loadout so you can swap between stuff instantly dmc3 style)

it makes stuff like jumping to avoid an attack, pulling out nevan and using air play to get some bats to stun them before running back in a lot more fluid instead of having to mash the trigger like a maniac with the PC mods that let you have all your gear

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Last extra feature for DMC3 on Switch is local coop for the Bloody Palace.
It's pretty cool idea.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this is totally a test bed for 5SE features

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Pomp posted:

this is totally a test bed for 5SE features

Or DMC5 was the test for DMC3 on Switch :v:

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Local co-op has me jazzed. I was really hoping it'd be in DMC5 but I'm glad its here so I can play as my idiot weeb man and show my friend my motivation.

If you know what I mean.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Report from Local Co-op, pretty drat fun! Although sadly if you want to be on equal levels at all you would need to do a full playthrough with Virgil to get blue orbs/unlock all his moves and various summon swords upgrades. There is an option to not load a save but then it just sets either player to like they started up a brand new game so i can't imagine you would get super high up in the floors that way. But if you wanna just jump straight into co-op after beating the game or using the cheat code that still works then it is certainly an option.

Did Vergil in 4 get more style from letting the sword sheathing animation play out entirely? It's been a while since i've played either 3 or 4 but i don't recall that being a thing.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

Did Vergil in 4 get more style from letting the sword sheathing animation play out entirely? It's been a while since i've played either 3 or 4 but i don't recall that being a thing.

Yes, and also you needed to let him sheathe Yamato in order to pop Summoned Swords that are stuck in enemies. Otherwise, DT Rapid Slash spam wouldn't actually do much damage, because all of it was concentrated on the Summoned Swords you create.

You could also keep shooting swords until you hit some limit, but that's lame.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, the Special Edition of V was just announced for the PSV. Playable Vergil and something that looked like Legendary Dark Knight mode.
Oh my lord.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Katana daddy has come to

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We had no indication this was coming, did we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HE CAN TRANSFORM INTO V! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA