Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Snack Bitch posted:

The only thing I enjoyed about The Greasy Strangler was how quickly I decided to turn it off.

It rules, you weenie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Danzig directed a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioTeabUte4c

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tonight I'm getting loaded on box wine and checking out Universal Solider: Day of Reckoning a second time to make sure it holds up.

Spoiler alert:it will

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Friday the 13th reboot > Nightmare on Elm Street reboot > Child's Play reboot

Cum at me horror bros

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 16, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Friday the 23th reboot > Nightmare on Elm Street reboot > Child's Play reboot

Cum at me horror bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4a0sQ5spY

Outside of that, yes

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Cum im me horror bros

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yes

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Tonight I'm getting loaded on box wine and checking out Universal Solider: Day of Reckoning a second time to make sure it holds up.

Spoiler alert:it will

Watched the uncut version yesterday. Goddamn.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard that it was getting peals of unintended laughter from festival crowds.

It's very high on my list of priorities at the moment.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Danzig is just a complete goober and a himbo and it's wonderful.

I 'm not really that into his music but the idea of Danzig always makes me smile.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Furies is alright

Furie however rules.

Not a horror movie by any standards though but rather a Vietnamese action flick about an ex-gangster retired to the countryside who must save her daughter from organ harvesting kidnappers by beating the poo poo out of a whole bunch of mooks.

Oddly fitting double feature.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've seen some Verotika comics and the only good thing to come out of them was one extremely Clive Barkeresque story by Grant Morrison.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Halloween Jack posted:

I've seen some Verotika comics and the only good thing to come out of them was one extremely Clive Barkeresque story by Grant Morrison.

Also really early translations of some of the assorted Devilman manga since Danzig was buddies with Go Nagai

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Not technically horror, but John Carpenter’s narrating a doc about synthwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnW-CsFVwI

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ruddiger posted:

Nice. I know people like to joke that he just smokes weed and plays video games these days, but he puts a lot of time into his music too. If you ever have a chance to see him live, it’s a really fun show.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

gey muckle mowser posted:

he just smokes weed and plays video games these days, but he puts a lot of time into his music too

You act like that's not an integral part of the music writing process

As a musician, buddy, let me tell you-

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

This looks barely any more competent than a glorified college film being screened at a small, independent theaters indie horror showcase.

Extremely stoked.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Danzig is just a complete goober and a himbo and it's wonderful.

I 'm not really that into his music but the idea of Danzig always makes me smile.

the way he can't stand like a normal person is forever etched into my brain. God bless him.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
danzig has been flexing non-stop for 40 years

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I heard him described somewhere as looking like he’s from a planet with 2x earth’s gravity.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wow, Carl's only 5'3"?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pomp posted:

danzig has been flexing non-stop for 40 years

My friend had a really funny documentary on Danzig on VHS, I still occasionally think about him talking about how awesome Wolverine is and quietly giggle to myself.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Does someone have that tweet about how his twitter account was hacked and how he absolutely does NOT eat hot dogs and will find whoever did it and pay the ultimate price? With the attached picture of him in the green patterned goth shirt?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

Does someone have that tweet about how his twitter account was hacked and how he absolutely does NOT eat hot dogs and will find whoever did it and pay the ultimate price? With the attached picture of him in the green patterned goth shirt?

i'm dying

edit: holy poo poo where's kvlt

Pomp fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 16, 2020

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Danzig is a national treasure

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Samhain November Coming Fire tho

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Pomp posted:

i'm dying

I had a huge smile on my face just thinking about this.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

so yall remember last month when I livetweeted Species 3?

https://twitter.com/RobinDunne/status/1217886105741099008

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Which franchise is better, Species or Subspecies?

Species 1 probably had a bigger budget than the entire Subspecies franchise so it’s not entirely fair, but then again it’s not an amazing movie or anything

I’ve only seen three movies combined from both franchises; not sure I’m in a rush to expand that

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

Which franchise is better, Species or Subspecies?

Species 1 probably had a bigger budget than the entire Subspecies franchise so it’s not entirely fair, but then again it’s not an amazing movie or anything

I’ve only seen three movies combined from both franchises; not sure I’m in a rush to expand that

The best movie overall of those two series is Species. But Subspecies has three films with Anders Hove as Radu, making it the overall winner.

I've mentioned it before, but Radu featured heavily in my nightmares as a kid. I believe he was my first experience with the classic Nosferatu-style vampire. Even before that Are You Afraid of the Dark episode.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

When I worked at a video store I saw way too many Subspecies movies, I think Bloodstorm (4?) and Vampire Journals are the only ones I kind of remember. IIRC Vampire Journals is a spinoff?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The interesting thing about Subspecies is how they all kind of very sequence of events flow together. Like cut out the credits and it's one long movie

Like the first three. I think the later ones don't.

The real question

Subspecies series vs Warlock series

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 17, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The third Warlock really sinks the series' average, but I'm still giving it the edge over Subspecies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The first two Warlock movies really resonate with my 90s upbringing in a way I can't really verbalize.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've got the 2 dollar Shudder sub from around the holidays and I'm looking for some good stuff to watch. I'm not much into overly campy horror (although I'm not opposed to it if it's actually good horror. Just really don't like intentionally dumb movies/horror themed comedy) and it looks like there is a lot of it. Totally open to foreign movies. Anyone got any recs they could throw my way?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

veni veni veni posted:

I've got the 2 dollar Shudder sub from around the holidays and I'm looking for some good stuff to watch. I'm not much into overly campy horror (although I'm not opposed to it if it's actually good horror. Just really don't like intentionally dumb movies/horror themed comedy) and it looks like there is a lot of it. Totally open to foreign movies. Anyone got any recs they could throw my way?

From a quick glance at the app here are a couple non-comedy/campy ones I really like:

Revenge
The Exorcist III
Hagazussa
November

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

veni veni veni posted:

Demon
Audition
The Wailing
Next of Kin
Ganja and Hess
The Void
Mandy
Starry Eyes
Noroi

And it doesn't fit your qualifiers, but One Cut of the Dead is one of my favorite movies from last year. It's goofy, but clever.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Mandy
The Void
Knife + Heart

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Three From Hell is coming to Shudder soon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ruddiger posted:

The companion album has been out for over two years. Track list:

Deckard Returns
by Chrome Canyon

The Vale of Shadows
by Gunship

Fatal Affair
by Power Glove

Makita
by Geno Lenardo

Idle Withdrawal
by Com Truise

Lost in a Love
by Daniel Davies

Silver Shadow
by Robert Parker

A Mission to Remember
by Waveshaper

Black Rain
by Code Elektro

The Osbourne Effect
by German Engineering

Triage
by Giorgio Moroder & Raney Shockne

Night Stalker
by Carpenter Brut

Crash & Burn
by John Bergin

Dead of Night
by Dance With the Dead

A Hero's Journey
by Lazerhawk

Rebar (Prologue)
by Ogre

Fleshman
by John Bergin

Stargate
by Mega Drive

Appearance of the Mysterious Traveler
by Voyag3r

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

veni veni veni posted:

You can't really go wrong with any of the current "Shudder Essentials", but here's my recs:

Viy
The House of the Devil
Creepy
The Changeling
Cold Hell
Exorcist III
Dead & Buried
Dogtooth
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Phenomena
God Told Me To

I could go on an on, there are a lot of good to great movies on Shudder and not all of them are even strictly "horror". That's just a random sampling of movies I've enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Who is the true horror fan though who has seen all 26 Witchcraft films though

They will lead us

And destroy us