Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Queens are bad, except in the context of bees, ants, and cats.

And drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

So I got Lloyd Russell-Moyle and Ian Murray confused and it was the former that called the PLP a pack of cunts. I can only speculate that I confused them because Russell-Moyle reminds me of a scottish stand up comic.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Queens are bad, except in the context of bees, ants, and cats.

And cuck

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eh not always.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm sure it does but it also sounds like a character from dora the explorer so

Kinda racist. Not a good look.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking of job stuff, anyone know any online coding courses that are reputable enough to put on a CV? I'm job-hunting, and people want some knowledge of HTML and CSS, but learning them in a classroom is an absolute pain.

Depending what "some knowledge" means:

If you can't find a course, one thing you could do is download "Instant WP" on to your computer, and using one of the freebie theme templates that comes with it, edit the css file with a text editor and do stuff like try and change background colour, font colour and generally mess around to find out how things work. (Source: me learning css) and also with a text editor write some basic webpages which if you save them as html files you can then open in your browser (I used to hand code all my webpages in HTML in the days before wordpress, css and so on). This is better than being in a classroom.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Neil Coyle is such a world class poo poo. And support JessFlips.

https://twitter.com/coyleneil/status/1217716046813179904?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Today I learned that Dora the Explorer's full name is Dora Márquez and that Cheech Marin and Ricardo Montalbán both appeared as guest voices on the show.

So today isn't a complete waste. :toot:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Junior G-man posted:

What's he even on about here? I feel as though there's a point he's trying to make but I don't get it. I know Thatcher didn't do at least some of those things

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Paperhouse posted:

What's he even on about here? I feel as though there's a point he's trying to make but I don't get it. I know Thatcher didn't do at least some of those things

Defending New Labour basically. The Blairites point to those things to say that they were different from the Tories when the overall rationale of New Labour was still very in line with them.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

This case has just been thrown out by the judge :)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

floofyscorp posted:

Haha, gently caress the police :v:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

thespaceinvader posted:

Kinda racist. Not a good look.

Give the gently caress over pal it's funny because the two halves rhyme, it would be equally funny if it was some white dude called I don't bloody know 'Walter vaulter' or whatever

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CoolCab posted:

I am - wildly uncharacteristicly - with Tijuana on this one. I'll travel, a bit, particularly if I have to for work or similar, but I hate it. I think I've moved to a new place about as often as I've traveled somewhere new for pleasure.

who the gently caress enjoys airports

I love a good airport, me.

It depends on my initial mood and the weather and of course the airport itself, but sitting in the departure lounge it feel like an other-worldly place and puts me in right weird - but not bad - mood.

Can't describe it really, but i get the same feeling standing on a motorway bridge at 2am on a clear night

When i die i wouldn't mind dying at an airport at the end of a holiday. It's me, I'm the complete weirdo

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

floofyscorp posted:

It's always a good day when blatant bullying tactics by the police blow up in their faces.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Paperhouse posted:

Apparently the new hotness is to defend Blairism by bigging up his interventions in Kosovo and Sierra Leone and the minimum wage and banning fur farming and just ignoring all the tough on yobs and scroungers poo poo and ignoring the North.

ThomasPaine posted:

Give the gently caress over pal it's funny because the two halves rhyme, it would be equally funny if it was some white dude called I don't bloody know 'Walter vaulter' or whatever
Infinite Arthur de Gobineaus emerge from the sewer to glare at me as I ask if Bambos Charalambous is white.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Junior G-man posted:

Imagine not having those moments of thinking "Who the gently caress is sending this to my timeline!?" before seeing it was liked by Simon Hedges.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Airports are grim but i must admit I quite like the weird way that once you're through security they feel like these enclosed special places you're usually not allowed to be anywhere near where all normal rules are suspended and you can drink at 8am and pay a 30 quid flat fee to go sit in a posh room eating and drinking for free for hours. I don't know how people work in the environment, it always felt to me like that would sully the vibe of the place

E: one of the coolest experiences I've had was having a ridiculous layover in Frankfurt, getting in at like 3am and not flying out till 2pm. I decided to splurge on the by the hour airport hotel because gently caress sitting on benches for 11 hours after a 10 hour flight where I didn't sleep. Absolutely amazing comfy bed, cheap beer in the vending machine, best shower I've experienced and the kicker was the window looked out right over the runway so I got to be a giddy kid again looking at planes

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 16, 2020

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I love the Labour right people who are simultaneously going "Tony Blair (PBUH) did nothing wrong" and "Why have we been losing the Labour heartlands for 20 years?!?!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Corbyn's fault.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
People keep talking up Singapore Changi airport, but I'm not clear on why besides a water feature, but I guess I'll see in March.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Vancouver airport is very cool and has trees and aquariums and a river running through it just don't think about how it's literally built on 'unceded' indigenous land lol

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

ThomasPaine posted:

Airports are grim but i must admit I quite like the weird way that once you're through security they feel like these enclosed special places you're usually not allowed to be anywhere near where all normal rules are suspended and you can drink at 8am and pay a 30 quid flat fee to go sit in a posh room eating and drinking for free for hours. I don't know how people work in the environment, it always felt to me like that would sully the vibe of the place

E: one of the coolest experiences I've had was having a ridiculous layover in Frankfurt, getting in at like 3am and not flying out till 2pm. I decided to splurge on the by the hour airport hotel because gently caress sitting on benches for 11 hours after a 10 hour flight where I didn't sleep. Absolutely amazing comfy bed, cheap beer in the vending machine, best shower I've experienced and the kicker was the window looked out right over the runway so I got to be a giddy kid again looking at planes

Frankfurt Airport is the absolute worst for layovers (and does a ton of them) with the exception of having a bratwurst cart after literally every other travelator.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BizarroAzrael posted:

People keep talking up Singapore Changi airport, but I'm not clear on why besides a water feature, but I guess I'll see in March.

Hope you don't mind squat toilets!

Otherwise, uhh, I guess it's not bad? The restaurants are fairly diverse and not too expensive, and there's some entertainment options too.

e: And I thought Frankfurt isn't too bad - compared with Paris CDG or Amsterdam Schiphol it's not too cramped or cold, you've got lots of spaces to sleep on if it comes to it and there's some shops (albeit not as many as in Heathrow or Changi).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 16, 2020

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Miftan posted:

Frankfurt Airport is the absolute worst for layovers (and does a ton of them) with the exception of having a bratwurst cart after literally every other travelator.

One thing I've noticed going abroad more is how the 'sit and get wrecked in one of the many bars' airport tradition is uniquely British, one Italian guy I know looked at me like I was mad when I told him I got a single beer without food waiting for my flight alone. Quite a few of the ones I've been through abroad have only had one bar where any UK equivalent would have 5 in the same space

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

One thing I've noticed going abroad more is how the 'sit and get wrecked in one of the many bars' airport tradition is uniquely British, one Italian guy I know looked at me like I was mad when I told him I got a single beer without food waiting for my flight alone. Quite a few of the ones I've been through abroad have only had one bar where any UK equivalent would have 5 in the same space

Americans do it too if that makes you feel better? Most british airports don't have that many pubs in them anyway, to be honest. Lots of food places that will serve you alcohol, sure, but the pubs aren't as common.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Oh I don't much care, it's probably healthier, just an observation. Glasgow for example has 3/4 bars in the relatively small main departures bit but Shanghai had like 1 in a room 20x the size

E: also we (not just in airports) have a weirdass ordering system in pubs, pretty much every other place I've been has been all table service even in cheap places

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 16, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ThomasPaine posted:

How do they cope with airports if they are sober?

Nah, I don't really the like of being drunk on a plane. One pint maybe beforehand just to be civilised but no more than that.

Instead, they should just sell tranquillisers at airports.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Private Speech posted:

Otherwise, uhh, I guess it's not bad? The restaurants are fairly diverse and not too expensive, and there's some entertainment options too.

e: And I thought Frankfurt isn't too bad - compared with Paris CDG or Amsterdam Schiphol it's not too cramped or cold, you've got lots of spaces to sleep on if it comes to it and there's some shops (albeit not as many as in Heathrow or Changi).

Last time I was in Frankfurt it had a full on sex shop on the main concourse AND an "erotic cinema" somewhere in the basement.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

yaffle posted:

Last time I was in Frankfurt it had a full on sex shop on the main concourse AND an "erotic cinema" somewhere in the basement.

Right but with how sprawling it is you don't really get the same concentration of "shopping and recreation areas" like in say Heathrow. There's a fair few featureless hallways with maybe a single newsagents or something.

e: are you kidding me why would you autocorrect "hallways" as "hall ways"

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 16, 2020

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Changi is an impressive airport, built devastatingly on top of coral reef.

Singapore continues land expansion.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Private Speech posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a squat toilet in Changi, though it could well have the token installation for the locals who must use them. It's nicer by far compared to Heathrow and there's a bigger variety of stuff to look at.

Also if you smoke you have to stand in a cubicle with the other smokers so you can share the carcinogens.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Z the IVth posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a squat toilet in Changi, though it could well have the token installation for the locals who must use them. It's nicer by far compared to Heathrow and there's a bigger variety of stuff to look at.

What? I uhh. I've been there maybe a dozen times. It's more like they had a single "European" token toilet, at least in the departures area, and not in all of them at that.

I don't mind using them too much if I really have to, but looking for one I'm used to was definitely an annoying enough experience that I remember it.

I also seem to remember you're from there so frankly I can't explain it. It's not been too long ago either.

e: I think the arrivals and transfers are different in that, to be fair. But otherwise I really don't know

e2: The shops and restaurants are good though.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 16, 2020

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh I don't much care, it's probably healthier, just an observation. Glasgow for example has 3/4 bars basically everywhere apart from those 3 stations on the subcrawl

Glasgow has an unhealthy but extremely convenient relationship with alcohol you say? :cheers:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

Isn't it Frankfurt that has the giant sex shop and erotica museum?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I was very surprised that in Shanghai, China's big showpiece city, it's still very rare to get sitting toilets outside of places specifically geared to cater to tourists/expats and super exclusive expensive places (there is a lot of overlap here). Squat toilets are fine I guess but even in otherwise nice restaurants/bars they were often loving filthy and didn't have any toilet paper (and I dare not poo poo in one anyway because my very out of shape legs would almost certainly see me fall backwards right in there)

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

I didn't realise squat toilets were a thing in Japan til I landed at Haneda airport and the first cubicle I stepped into was a squat toilet. Luckily they have Western-style toilets in most places too, although not so much in some the grimier nightclub spots we visited. As a woman, trying to use a squat toilet while wearing skinny jeans and being very, very drunk was a fairly harrowing experience.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
I genuinely hope this happens and is filmed.

https://twitter.com/damocrat/status/1217587930107207681?s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Did you see any of the robot bidet toilets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Isn't it Frankfurt that has the giant sex shop and erotica museum?

If it is I've not seen it, but it's a pretty massive airport from what I remember.