Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So who is the stupid take here, Meltzer or the person who thinks Meltzer's take is serious when he's joking?

Because even if Dave is being serious I think he's allowed to change his opinion on a match he rated over 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Endless Mike posted:

No, he was banned with a 30 day probation attached. I'm pretty sure he paid to unban himself before it was decided he was banned from PSP.

He did, yeah. And now he's reduced to reading the forum and trying to tweet hot takes about how terrible we all are for not wanting to deal with his lovely attention grabbing "oh I totally know scoopz, tee hee" shtick.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Cavauro posted:

might as well post the funny 0six tweet from that thread also. if that's the guy i'm thinking of
https://twitter.com/O61469/status/1217570354031316992

I'm the sadest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

im the smallest of reasons

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty much all of these takes boil down to :qq: WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO WWE :qq:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

So who is the stupid take here, Meltzer or the person who thinks Meltzer's take is serious when he's joking?

Because even if Dave is being serious I think he's allowed to change his opinion on a match he rated over 20 years ago.

It's also possible that he thinks that rating still stands despite it being a 2-stunt "match" or whatever. It carried a mystique and was loving wild, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a technical masterpiece to get lots of stars.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

Pretty much all of these takes boil down to :qq: WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO WWE :qq:

wrestling evangelism is sad when its for a promotion that's doing thousands of dollars in business a quarter. its extra sadder when you're stumping for a multi million dollar corp for free.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But they invented wrestling women!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

The best part of the rovert experience is when you realise he's got thousands of followers but none of his likes break into double figures meaning the majority of follows are paid-for bots

I wanted to see this, and quickly scrolled through what must have been 100 of his tweets/retweets that were all done.....in the last hour?! That’s some stamina.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I blocked him when I saw he began retweeting comments I'd make on other people's accounts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I will probably get an angry DM from him over misrepresentation but whatever. its all part of the plan.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

trev is the only person here that I've ever bought a custom title for and I'll always be proud of that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

might as well post the funny 0six tweet from that thread also. if that's the guy i'm thinking of
https://twitter.com/O61469/status/1217570354031316992

If someone who's tweeted gleefully about killing Palestinian children agrees with you then you might want to rethink the decisions you've made

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who's the guy chiming in?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who's the guy chiming in?

some boring rear end islamophobe atheist.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

some boring rear end islamophobe atheist.

I was more asking who he was when he was posting here , since he obviously has an axe to grind

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wandered too deep into wrestling Twitter and have seen more tweets pointing out both TNA on Spike and ECW on Sci Fi drew 1 million viewers a week.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 16, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sometimes I get bored at work

https://twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1217146216301125632

https://twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1217934367617699840

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will never forget the time you annoyed someone so much they insulted your curly hair

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/status/1217618956737032192

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/status/1217636896953765890

Every post they make is amazing

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/status/1217947161465364481

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
None of these idiots actually know what "mark" means

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

AEW looks fake. But NXT is the new UWFi

https://twitter.com/realIconnick/status/1217700183624036354?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realIconnick/status/1217851831625404416

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you took an MRI of that guy's brain would it look more like jelly or still have some solid matter and the consistency of a strawberry preserve?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The observation that only things that are actually bad on some level get the fanatical kind of fandom continues to be eerily accurate.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pinche Rudo posted:

If you took an MRI of that guy's brain would it look more like jelly or still have some solid matter and the consistency of a strawberry preserve?

a perfect, gently throbbing, sphere of plasma.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pinche Rudo posted:

smooth as a balloon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

smooth as a balloon

So hella smooth an Okada covets

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was more asking who he was when he was posting here , since he obviously has an axe to grind

i can't remember but i was assuming it was someone who used to go by something oh six on here, or maybe still does, or it could be a completely different person. That last option would make me feel sorry so i am sheepish to bring it up specifically. dominator? something like that. i shouldn't post more about it due to it becoming kind of a potential bad subject to stick on as far as talking about posters from off-site stuff. There is a chance that guy from twitter has never even posted here and i'm nuts

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i can't remember but i was assuming it was someone who used to go by something oh six on here, or maybe still does, or it could be a completely different person. That last option would make me feel sorry so i am sheepish to bring it up specifically. dominator? something like that. i shouldn't post more about it due to it becoming kind of a potential bad subject to stick on as far as talking about posters from off-site stuff. There is a chance that guy from twitter has never even posted here and i'm nuts

Or he's a lurker, the paywall is kinda selective when I lurked

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm very sorry to that guy who i probably thought it was and who may not even exist here and might be from some other old forum i used to go to and mixed it up with SA. I love you Dude!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

perfectly spherical orb made only of WWF catchphrases.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Don’t really watch the fed but I watched the last takeover and the triple threat match one that card was more choreographed, convoluted, excessive, and try-hard than any bucks match I’ve ever seen

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

I asked about this pages ago but I cant believe this argument is a thing. As someone who used to watch lots of wrestling but now is into MMA and has done muay thai the "real" fighting is far faker looking to me than the fancy high flying poo poo this is complaining about. The fancy moves and spots at least have the benefit of having little or nothing real to directly compare itself to. Also it takes more athleticism and coordination than sloppy and bad form striking, grappling and submissions these guys have a hard-on for.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love how they complain about "choreographed spots" when we have definitive proof, across multiple interviews and leaked footage, that every single WWE show down to the fake UK brand is literally scripted and choreographed move for move across the entire show. Right down to the entrances and "chaotic brawls" where the wrestlers are told exactly what to do.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I legit don't understand what realistic means anymore. In terms of wrestling I've always said something doesn't look realistic if you can see them figuring out the spots, if it doesn't flow. But these guys seem to think wrestling should look like a real fight? Except it never has. And couldn't. Even shoot style doesn't really look like a real fight.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

did wrestling always (like from the 80s in the big leagues) have agents? does new japan have agents?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure there's always been someone who helps put matches and angles together, convey what the booker wants, and make sure everything makes sense in the big picture. How much involvement they had or what they were called has probably changed from time and place.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the booker used to have a few fellers going around letting people know what they wanted to see in very general terms, or bookman would often do that himself if it mattered. there weren't match agents until wwf. wrestlers spitballed with eachother and with other wrestlers who weren't involved if they wanted advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oh but seriously I posted:

did wrestling always (like from the 80s in the big leagues) have agents? does new japan have agents?

We know that New Japan doesn't have agents -- other than knowing the finish and maybe an angle, the wrestlers are trusted to go out there and call it in the ring. Moxley talked about this on his first NJPW match, when he got in the ring and realized it was just him and his opponent, with nobody yelling in his ear about what to do.