Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah I just thought I saw 120hz as a next gen selling point somewhere along with the SSD stuff and "no load times!" which is gonna be a bust when games are held-up by servers/matchmaking because they're online-only.

I think most right thinking people can tell the difference between matchmaking and an actual loadtime. Either way it's gonna get better than it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Stuff like COD will probably cheat it and stop covering up finalizing match connections with the map loading screen so it seems better.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah I just thought I saw 120hz as a next gen selling point somewhere along with the SSD stuff and "no load times!" which is gonna be a bust when games are held-up by servers/matchmaking because they're online-only.

Rainbow Six: Siege runs in 1080p120 on the X, The Division 2 supports variable frame rate up to 120 as well. All uncapped games could theoretically benefit but I wouldn't expect it; the nextgen thing is 4k120 since that requires HDMI 2.1

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think most right thinking people can tell the difference between matchmaking and an actual loadtime. Either way it's gonna get better than it is now.
Loading into a shared zone in something like Destiny is both at the same time; if your connection is bad it inexplicably (to the player) takes longer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

Rainbow Six: Siege runs in 1080p120 on the X, The Division 2 supports variable frame rate up to 120 as well. All uncapped games could theoretically benefit but I wouldn't expect it; the nextgen thing is 4k120 since that requires HDMI 2.1

most stuff even on the series x isnt going to be able to hit native 4k120, at least not with pretty graphics cranked up. a 2080ti on ultra settings at 4k will see dips below 60fps on some games still.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SUNKOS posted:

Did DMV do well? I hope they continue pumping those out.

That director is rumored to be looking to start dragons dogma 2 next based on nothing but vague statements about how he could have made that game instead of dmcv but wanted to redeem dmc series first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

If I had picked up studios like Rare and Silicon Knights for exclusives thinking I was getting a good deal, I would think all studios needed this treatment too.

1/3rd of a billion dollars in 2000's dollars for rare is just so crazy
I doubt they got anywhere near that figure buying 10 studios last year even with inflation.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

That director is rumored to be looking to start dragons dogma 2 next based on nothing but vague statements about how he could have made that game instead of dmcv but wanted to redeem dmc series first

I want a Dragon's Dogma 2 more than pretty much anything else Capcom could do right now. But I would gladly give them money for an RE4 Make that was just 4 but even more HD this time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

I want a Dragon's Dogma 2 more than pretty much anything else Capcom could do right now. But I would gladly give them money for an RE4 Make that was just 4 but even more HD this time.

Didn't DD2 go the path of the dying mmo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It went the path of perfunctory asia only bad mmo but it wasnt labeled 2

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

BisterdDave posted:

I know what they're trying to insinuate by using that term and I think it's hilarious. Sometimes I miss Xbox Ambassador, but they're spirit is truly in this thread.

Couple of pages and a new thread title. It's just too easy. :troll:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Oh dang we got another puppetmaster on our hands

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Whats leaving GamePass this month?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone else having trouble resubscribing to ultimate? Can't use live right now, tried every method available, all give the same error and try again later.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Whats leaving GamePass this month?

Just Cause 3 and Lego City Undercover are the only 2 announced as leaving soon

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello all, do not admit to being a puppetmaster, it is incredibly sad.

Also please do not fall for this kind of trolling and cheerleading. Do not post about those posters, just refute stuff like that that looks ridiculous. Thank you!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Also please do not fall for this kind of trolling and cheerleading. Do not post about those posters, just refute stuff like that that looks ridiculous. Thank you!

Thanks VG

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VideoGames posted:

your new av terrifies me

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Xbox is saving me from myself, can't resub to anything. Guess I'll just play my switch backlog.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

No problem :)

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

your new av terrifies me

Thank you! It is a mix of my four favourite gaming things.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Thank you to everyone itt who told me about the excellent psnow service which I will sign up to when it becomes available in my region in *checks google* some time

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Thank you to everyone itt who told me about the excellent psnow service which I will sign up to when it becomes available in my region in *checks google* some time

What region?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

But they're not exclusives!!!!!!!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

univbee posted:

What region?

Australia; it’s probably happening sometime this year but I got revved up by the Xbox thread to play bloodborne on my pc and not being able to find a concrete date was a bit of a burn

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Nobody seems to care about Australia even when the whole freakin' country is on fire it sucks

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

drat. How are things with Australian ISPs now anyway? Is it still expensive/impossible to get unlimited data on a physical line for most of the country? Do they still do the thing where specific services have local servers and these are unmetered?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SUNKOS posted:

Nobody seems to care about Australia even when the whole freakin' country is on fire it sucks

Uh maybe you missed it but the richest man in the world had his company (not himself of course) donate the amount of money he makes in about 5 minutes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Uh maybe you missed it but the richest man in the world had his company (not himself of course) donate the amount of money he makes in about 5 minutes.

Incorrect.

It was how much he makes in 3 minutes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Intel&Sebastian posted:

10,000 dollars less than an instagram model raised by trading nude pictures of herself for donation receipts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Children of Morta's on pc game pass, p quick considering it came out in October

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh nice, Cyberpunk has been delayed until September 17th, my wife's 40th birthday. Guess I might as well sell my Xbox now and wait for Series X.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I reeeeeeeeally hope they've delayed it to be a next gen release. The original "gameplay demo" looked incredible, both the interior areas (rescuing that girl out the bathtub) and the outside (sheer amount of differing NPCs and complex geometry) leaving it actually looking like a dense city full of people. All the gameplay videos since then have looked significantly downgraded with barely anyone around and visual fidelity has taken a massive hit. I hope it just goes to next gen so we get something like the original videos, and then current gen can get the downgraded version they've been showing since.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SUNKOS posted:

I reeeeeeeeally hope they've delayed it to be a next gen release.

Same but they won't, it'd piss way too many people off and they even say in the tweet they want it to be the crowning point of this generation. I'd say it's an absolute nightmare getting it running on the OG XBOX one

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

univbee posted:

drat. How are things with Australian ISPs now anyway? Is it still expensive/impossible to get unlimited data on a physical line for most of the country? Do they still do the thing where specific services have local servers and these are unmetered?

Not really, with NBN pretty much every ISP now offers unlimited data for copper/cable/fiber and fixed wireless services, although they now measure speeds in "typical evening speed" instead of getting what you sync at (i.e. you buy a 50mbit service with a typical evening speed of 40mbits). NBN also has an Australia wide 25Mbit Satellite service (which does have data caps) for the people in the middle of nowhere, and it has been used for the bushfires in setting up quick Internet access which is neat as:

https://twitter.com/NBN_Australia/status/1216570221026136066

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Probably a gtav move where it gets released and then a badass next gen version pops up after sales roll off.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sony finally getting on that "exclusives are bad for business" bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/1217919414626070547

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

American McGay posted:

Sony finally getting on that "exclusives are bad for business" bandwagon.

Conveniently timed with Stadia getting onto it lmao

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/16/21068913/google-stadia-120-games-2020-10-exclusives-4k-controller

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hzd is gonna be on steam or like a pilot for a psnow pc download service?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Probably a gtav move where it gets released and then a badass next gen version pops up after sales roll off.

Yeah, I checked and saw where they said what Phallus referred to about current gen, so I'm going to hold off on buying and wait for it hopefully getting a remaster or whatever. Not too big of a deal, the new Doom game coming out looks loving awesome, the Ori sequel looks fun as hell too and hopefully TLOU2 is a return to form for ND. I should probably buy a Switch but I've always liked Nintendo games and disliked the hardware, if any console manufacturer should be doing the "Our games are everywhere!" thing it's Nintendo.

They also really need to make a sequel to Mario Strikers Charged because that was so fun on the Wii. Definitely one of the best local multiplayer games before indie devs started pumping them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cyberpunk will 100000% end up on next gen consoles in a better form. There's no way they spent 5 years on this only for the definitive version of it be released on 8 year old hardware.