Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

TheAgent posted:

weird they aren't just delaying it to line up right next to the next gen console releases but it wouldn't surprise me if they gave it another six week bump to November (the traditional console release month)

even so, since the PS5/XSX are now 100% backwards compatible with their earlier gen, buying it in September means you can play with some extra bells and whistles a few months later when the new consoles hit. I'm sure they'll have a massive "LOOK AT ALL THE IMPROVED poo poo IF YOU BUY A NEW CONSOLE!!! loving gently caress LOOK AT THE PORES ON KEANUS FACE" thing a few weeks before the new next gen launch

Why bother? Release it in September and you can have idiots buying it twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Strangler 42 posted:

I look forward to having to hose out my space suit because I died with my bowels full and they released when I died trying to move a box.

I liked the original Randall Jarrell poem a lot better :(:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

DapperDon posted:

Folks, I think they have found actual gameplay here.

https://twitter.com/TheAstroPub/status/1216032496019759104?s=20

Funny how it's just a black and white slideshow to conceal the jank... or maybe he is just trolling us. This is the beauty of Store Citizen, you can never tell.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

DapperDon posted:

It's like the Ken Burns Civil War documentary but instead of dying of gangrene people are dying of door and ladder inflicted injuries.

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'

DapperDon posted:

Stop doing this crap! It totally misrepresents what the next person foolish enough to give CI more money is going to get in return for their real money 'investment.'

Fine, if you want to rearrange your own memories of what might have been into a clever out of context false narrative for your own enjoyment / sanity, do that; but stop presenting these fabrications to the world like it ever was or will be a thing anything like what was repeatedly promised to us.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

UnknownTarget posted:

What I would like to see is a space combat game where I can get out and board enemy ships.

So basically, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare without the dumb-gently caress military bro storyline.

I feel like that concept would be the golden ticket: Small-Scale Trucking, Raiding, and Combat with persistent universe features like guild-stations/planets and limited capital ships with interesting space locations like in Freelancer (Because real space is pretty boring.)

Things we don't need:
• Exploration/Mining - Made for solo play and more suited for screen-saver games like ED/No Man Sky.
• Frivolous Mechanics - Cargo Tetris, Pooping/Peeing, Planet exploration, all stuff that's great for roleplay but pointless for a spaceship game.
• Newtonian Space Physics - No one gives a poo poo if thruster placement is unrealistic because pretty ships are much more fun to look at.
• UQHD Fidelity - You can make pretty pixels without bringing modern computers to their knees.

I realize now that Star Citizen is aiming to be Second-Life in space: pointless variety to act out fantasies instead of actual gameplay.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tsar Mikey posted:

There really isn't a way to make it compelling in a way that isn't going to look like a Star Citizen feature list, so I would just do what X4 does: provide the option of running around the ship and station if you want, because that kind of thing can be fun for a little bit to get a sense of scale. I realize I'm being harsh toward ED here since we don't even know what space legs is going to cover. Maybe it'll be a fun diversion to the main game, and not a well executed version of SC's grabby hands gameplay.

Comedy answer:
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic kicking Thargoids into convenient spike walls I've placed around the ship.

We’re pretty much on the same page, especially the Dark Messiah bit. I take it that you’ve experienced ‘Bulletstorm’?

The problem is always making the world work. Star Wars Galaxies was one of the first to attempt to mix the gameplay of foot and spaceflight, but they managed to come up with something that was the worst of both worlds.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I feel like survival mechanics suck the realism and immersion out of games. People in real life eat when they're hungry, not when a bar is depleted for arbitrary reasons.

So, starving to death because you skipped lunch is the dumbest poo poo and only makes it even more obvious that you're playing a game.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Songbearer posted:

They should have made a heavy metal space game

GWAR Citizen

If they did, then--and only then--the sandworm would not be a joke.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ClownBobo posted:

Stop doing this crap! It totally misrepresents what the next person foolish enough to give CI more money is going to get in return for their real money 'investment.'

Fine, if you want to rearrange your own memories of what might have been into a clever out of context false narrative for your own enjoyment / sanity, do that; but stop presenting these fabrications to the world like it ever was or will be a thing anything like what was repeatedly promised to us.

It's a compulsion I have sometimes.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
See how they honour pgabz!

Is no ini file sacred?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think we're going to see more and more backlash against SQ42 as backers who either never really cared about it or stopped caring about it to focus on the PU start expressing this kind of opinion:

:reddit: Squadron 42 was always part of the deal, but over the last couple of months, it's been pissing me off more an more that they redirect ever more resources from SC to SQ42, to the point where it feels that only a skeleton crew is left to work on SC.

I mean, SQ42, okay, I'll play it. Maybe it's even going to be good, I dunno. But even if it is the best single player game of all times (and I very much doubt that since gameplay seems to have a pretty low priority) , I won't be playing it for longer than a couple of weeks, or months at best. Because single player. Star Citizen, on the other hand, I'll be playing for years, and probably on an almost daily basis.

So yeah, I'd very much prefer if the manpower and resources went into SC instead of SQ42, but I understand they want SQ42 out of the door.

However, I feel like I'm getting reeeeally close to the point where I'll go "gently caress Squadron 42!".

Bolded emphasis mine - it'd be hilarious, but I think the opposite is true. SQ42 clearly has a skeleton crew on it at this point, unless CIG is mismanaging the project even more than we think. But they've used SQ42 as an excuse for PU delays in the past so they can't walk that back now, and it's taken root in backers' minds, creating anger at SQ42.

Again, this is why I think CIG will eventually move to cancel or fold SQ42 into the PU. Very few people who are current contributors actually care about SQ42, and those that are probably have paid for it already. They've focused so much on creating and selling things to that group that they have no hope of appealing to anyone outside it - if SQ42 released tomorrow, and was good, it would STILL fight an uphill battle of "Oh, that game that's insanely late and sold thousand-dollar ships? Who even cares about that anymore" with the general public.

If anything, I think the opposite would be a better option. The words "Star Citizen" are poison in the minds of anyone but the most fanatical devotees to the Cult of Roberts. I think it would be better to roll Star Citizen into Squadron 42--a game that has barely any press at all surrounding it--to try and re-brand if they ever actually release a game (they won't, so ignore everything I said).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

AntherUslessPoster posted:

I was NOT loving ready to be hurt in a thread about Shart Scamizen.

Could be worse. You could have been the dude that found out about this in the stadia thread.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Glory to the Stimpire

https://i.imgur.com/iwYrwGJ.gifv

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

DapperDon posted:

Edit: I thought this was the guy who played all of SQ42 but it isn't. That was Tyler Witkin.

Dooguk fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 17, 2020

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'

DapperDon posted:

It's a compulsion I have sometimes.

Not you Don, the shill cub.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

funkymonks posted:

You know what actually surprises me? Despite how idiotic the prices are for ships, you can still actually buy a jpeg without much hassle. How have they not introduced some gatcha mechanic yet? How are there not more limited time skins for each nonexistent ship? There are still a lot more levels of grift left to implement.

This is the power of Turbulent. A very competent marketing company with highly capable people to the point where they are even building out pieces of Star Citizen purely to show off for marketing purposes.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

Well, the ‘shake up’ sounds like someone taking the reins. Accountability appears to be making an appearance, so I wouldn’t put it past them to have agreed a steady and controlled phase out of the Bobbers family as it transitions to the control of the board, rather than the bored.

SoTA’s slow raspberry of a death isn’t really a good pattern for the incandescent level of disappointment that Star Citizen will produce. There’s a good quarter billion reasons, some of which don’t give a flying gently caress about Crobbers, and a really unhealthy level of expectation.

I'm very curious to see how it goes. Once you start talking about stuff like "accountability", "management" and "direction" seriously and not as a joke about how bad it is, your biggest flaw is Chris Roberts.

What're they going to do to him? He's already absolved himself of all wrong doing and incompetency.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

I'm very curious to see how it goes. Once you start talking about stuff like "accountability", "management" and "direction" seriously and not as a joke about how bad it is, your biggest flaw is Chris Roberts.

What're they going to do to him? He's already absolved himself of all wrong doing and incompetency.

"Original Concept"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sandweed posted:

I think you are wrong, the nature of this project allows them to scale with the funding, both up and more importantly down. They are never required to produce actual proof of their progress in fact many of the backers encourage them not to. Roberts can dissolve entire studios, present it as a streamlining of the process, and the faithful will defend it. There is plenty of redundant positions that could go before the main money making process is endangered, like barista and senior mocap producer.

The death of Star Citizen will be slow and boring.

I feel a lot of the backers these days that don't want CIG to show proof are the people who never go to the doctor or hospital no matter how bad something is. If they don't know it's a problem it's not a problem, and more importantly something that won't make them sad.

Knowledge is not always happy, and there are people who avoid knowing some things so they can purposely keep themselves ignorant and just enjoy the moment. Reality is a bitch and not everybody is capable of dealing with it, even when it comes to stupid video games. Made worse if it's grown from a stupid video game into a more serious obsession or addiction.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jumptown wars?

That's not how you spell "Jonestown".

Incidentally, why is that vid all 'cowboy old west era' music and vignetting? Do citizens know that the 'old west' wasn't actually in space? Might be a silly thing to wonder but, is the 'Ryan Archer' syndrome contagious to the point where even SC's fans are just taking the good stuff from other games and laying it into what they one day imagine in the future SC might possibly be if it isn't a massive scam?

Or have I got this wrong and they are hyped for some SC gameplay where their commandos are fighting against savage space Indians with futuristic black powder Colt revolvers and rolling block rifles? Because it's a really stupid mix of genres.

gently caress, when even the fan vids piss me off because they can't help but try in vain to make SC seem as good as something like RDR/2 by literally just copying certain elements. This is truely the dumbest timeline.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hav posted:

More the external communications wind down, maybe a board reshuffle, then an announcement that there’s an opportunity for a new group to come in and take charge. Literally a PR overlay, where you’ll be reassured that Chris is still the owner, but he’ll be spending more time with his family.

The *aim* would be to disengage Chris et al from ‘responsibility’, so he has to slide under the table. Sandi’s already done this. Ortwin wouldn’t give a flyer, everyone else is pretty much collateral now.

Still, their mailing lists must be gold, considering the loose flapping wallets that it has.

I'm personally looking forward to the next three things Star Citizen is going to bring:

1: Chris Roberts follows his Origin buddy Richard Garriott in magically stepping aside as a "Creavtive Director" while announcing he's never really been the CEO just some hanger-on with good ideas.

2: Chris Roberts kicks off a new kickstarter, featuring verbiage like "we learned a lot with Star citizen and were going to do it right this time" sort of taglines. It will of course launch with great artwork and big dreams and little else.

3: They just announce Star Citizen is done and has met the original goals somehow, and they are taking donations for Star Citizen 2 now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

Incidentally, why is that vid all 'cowboy old west era' music and vignetting?

It's a parody of the Ken Burns The Civil War documentary.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm still firmly in the camp that Chris never had any ideas beyond the little pieces he saw in other games or movies. "Wouldn't it be cool if." In his mind he only sees the microcosmic action moments, without any thought of what organically strings them together. There are about 4 or 5 solid gameplay ideas linked to Star Citizen, but no connective tissue between them. Even leaving the engine choice and programming challenges aside, what exactly does he think the game will look like? Even the MVP? Dogfighting and capital ship battles? Flying to derelicts, repairing their systems, and flying them home? Ground battles?

Tribes (1999 if I remember right) had planetary ground battles with flying vehicles that you could have passengers firing from the sides of - is that what he's going for on the ground? What does adding spaceships that can go back into orbit in real time actually add to that experience? Doesn't it actually break it, if I can fire missiles into the fray from orbit?

Games are defined by their limitations, not their possibilities. Here are the rules, here are the boundaries, and here are your tools. Work it out. It's no accident that some open-world games wind up being less than they could be because the player has too much freedom, and can cheese the mechanics to the degree that they're not playing a game any more. Saint's Row 4 comes to mind. I thought that game was a great game, and a funny parody, but it illustrates my point this way: at the beginning of the game, you can drive around GTA style. All the expected physics and mechanics are there. Then you get super-powers, and you never get in a car again. There's no need, and the entire substructure of that portion of the game is rendered obsolete instantly.

Star Citizen is theoretically filled with these kinds of dead-end mechanical interplays. What are ground battles, exactly, when you have orbital ships that can fire planetside? Why even have the battles at all? You need to go into space and fight there now. Why are people fighting anyway? In Planetside 2, you have control areas so you know what your goals are and where to go. Why is anyone doing anything at all in an open universe where nothing matters and there are no goals?

And the "make your own goals" bullshit is developer-speak for "we have no idea." Chris is trying to build a sandbox with no sand in it.

I hope for a post mortem on it all someday from somebody who was there from close to the start.

My personal opinion is that he started off genuinely honest. He wanted to make a game; but he wanted to make it for money, not because he wanted to be a gaming rock legend again.

The Kickstarter went well, and he was well happy with the results. He kept adding stuff and stretch goals and people kept spending more and more money. He wondered what would happen...

So after the Kickstarter he kept his own site up to continue taking donations. Because the Kickstarter was a hot nest of fast money. He just had to say something ridiculous and people threw money at him. But at the time he still felt like he was a super hero and would deliver the game. Also he felt he had the money to do it because he believes money is everything. He's a greedy bastard and wants nothing but money and fortune and all the things that go with that lifestyle. Especially the lifestyle.

So somewhere along the way, probably around the time 10FtC stopped being broadcast he realized making games was hard as hell and he wasn't doing it. There were deals with outsource companies but a lot of them went sideways, mostly because he's a toxic person and a terrible manager. Unfortunately he's also the big boss.

There was a very obvious decision made on how to maintain the flow of money for as long as possible before the show was over. They started pumping out ships people can buy, and non ships, and anything and everything.... people can buy.

Gameplay and all his dreams and promises have become bullet points to "try to achieve" for the ultimate goal of cutting it off at any moment and claiming to have delivered mostly/some of their promises and move on.

This was about the point CR stepped out of PR and went off to go do whatever he wanted and Sandi went off to go be a movie actress. They had enough money, they could still show up now and then, and CR still had ultimate and destructive control over everything with a stranglehold grip. This grip was twofold in that he doesn't want any secrets to get out about any true intentions, and he doesn't want anybody to do anything to cut down his gold bar dropping tree.

"The game" is an afterthought at this point. It's all about stuffing in as much stuff as people can buy into it, while he tries to focus on his passion project with half-attention so he can relive the days of wing commander. He likes feeling powerful and better than his peers. He's probably got a bitter streak too that's helping to drive his determination to run this thing into the ground until it can't move anymore or he gets utterly bored with it to the point he has found another passion project.

He's filthy rich now. He's successful without ever having to have actually made a game. He can market ice and ice add-ons to penguins, or at least has people under him who can arrange for that to happen. He's made his family and close friends and allies rich in the process as well.

To him, the game is already over and won. All this is is an extra Porsche or another trip to Europe or vacation.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Popete posted:

It's a parody of the Ken Burns The Civil War documentary.

That's a strange choice of documentary to parody from. SC is itself it's own parody imho. It would of been better and more pertinent to the subject to style it in the same way the Enron documentaries were made.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think we're going to see more and more backlash against SQ42 as backers who either never really cared about it or stopped caring about it to focus on the PU start expressing this kind of opinion:

:reddit: Squadron 42 was always part of the deal, but over the last couple of months, it's been pissing me off more an more that they redirect ever more resources from SC to SQ42, to the point where it feels that only a skeleton crew is left to work on SC.

I mean, SQ42, okay, I'll play it. Maybe it's even going to be good, I dunno. But even if it is the best single player game of all times (and I very much doubt that since gameplay seems to have a pretty low priority) , I won't be playing it for longer than a couple of weeks, or months at best. Because single player. Star Citizen, on the other hand, I'll be playing for years, and probably on an almost daily basis.

So yeah, I'd very much prefer if the manpower and resources went into SC instead of SQ42, but I understand they want SQ42 out of the door.

However, I feel like I'm getting reeeeally close to the point where I'll go "gently caress Squadron 42!".

Bolded emphasis mine - it'd be hilarious, but I think the opposite is true. SQ42 clearly has a skeleton crew on it at this point, unless CIG is mismanaging the project even more than we think. But they've used SQ42 as an excuse for PU delays in the past so they can't walk that back now, and it's taken root in backers' minds, creating anger at SQ42.

Again, this is why I think CIG will eventually move to cancel or fold SQ42 into the PU. Very few people who are current contributors actually care about SQ42, and those that are probably have paid for it already. They've focused so much on creating and selling things to that group that they have no hope of appealing to anyone outside it - if SQ42 released tomorrow, and was good, it would STILL fight an uphill battle of "Oh, that game that's insanely late and sold thousand-dollar ships? Who even cares about that anymore" with the general public.

I've said this for a long time.

People aren't buying ships to play the single player poo poo-tier wing commander game.

They want to be Firefly and Star Trek and Star Wars while being the grand admiral or the lowly smuggler guy with a hidden compartment. They want to make their own character and go their own way.

The funniest part of this whole thing is how Chris Roberts sells Star Citizen but focuses on squadron 42.

This is because this is his passion project. He wants to make that touching WW2 story in space that wins awards and honor. He wants to weave that story people love and he wants to work with all the big name actors and feel and look powerful and great.

He could care less about your multiplayer poo poo show except for the fact he can sell you stuff in it. Everybody has been and always will be funding the research and motion capture for squadron 42, and Star Citizen is just the aftermath leftovers a small team is able to glue together to keep the money rolling in until, in CRs mind, his masterpiece is unveiled to the world and it dominates all sales and companies and shuts down Rockstar almost for how good it is.

This has always been his narrative and it doesn't matter how far back you go in time it was always his primary focus. Star citizen was just the tit squadron sucked on to get the money out of it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

There are no traditional "survival" aspects in SC, there never will be, it was just another way to entice the 'survival' minded gamers who like to play things like Scum, Fallout and DayZ into parting with their money.
Like everything in SC, each seperate part/feature/design is designed to grift money from a different group or groups of players.

DayZ/Fallout/Scum guy = "Toilets and hygene? Food and drink? Wow sounds like my kind of game!"

Iracing/Forza/Nfs guy = "There's ship races? With trophies? Wow sounds like my kind of game!"

Battlefield/COD/CS:GO guy = "There's FPS shooting and capture the flag and soon team based land vehicle arena stuff? Wow sounds like my kind of game!"

E:D/X-wing/WC guy = "There's flying ships in space? Wow sounds like my kind of game!"

NMS/E:D/Empiryon/AAF guy = "There's proceedural planets to land on and make bases? Wow sounds like my kind of game!"

And so on...

This exactly. :)

They hit every market, every niche, every possible angle. They hit it hard and it didn't matter if it contradicted something they said 6 months ago.

This was a very excellently targeted marketing campaign designed to extract money from every possible gamer trope and fill them with hope for the best game possible.

Star Citizen is the one game where players both feel like they will be protected from PVP and will also be the most violent PVP experience ever. CIG fed into this with a PVP slider, npc police for your property, while also talking about death of a spaceman and fights deadlier than CoD with huge repercussions.

Despite these fast fights and repercussions it was also somehow Harvest Moon where you could farm in space and hunt procedural animals on planets.

You could drive a tank or car but also fly a space ship and somehow all of these are threats to each other despite the space ships having enormous advantages in every way possible.

Every ship could compete with itself and it was a skill game, unless it wasn't and your ship was also impenetrable to plebs. But also plebs were powerful and every ship was amazing, until it wasn't somehow and you couldn't even put a box in it.

There are so many many many ways that the concept of SC is basically "no concept.. just whatever you want to hear to make you spend money" is sickening. I'm not sure I can think of any other games that did this; or at least were this hugely successful by never being anything.

Star citizen is so awesome because it is so hugely undefined. No two people will have the same "know" of what the game is "definitely going to be like".

And this isn't even getting into the toilet people and the weird sexual fetishes a whole different group of people are dreaming of.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
A game has a SAM truck doesn't make much sense on paper or practically. Then you remember the game also has a battle tank. I guess for shooting at the missile truck?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

The Titanic posted:

The funniest part of this whole thing is how Chris Roberts sells Star Citizen but focuses on squadron 42.

This, except instead of being Squadron 42: The Video Game his interest is even further narrowed down to Squadron 42: The Movie. The cult is so firmly established at this point that no one cares if their Second Life In Space thing doesn't exist but actor mocap does. As funny as reddit is to mock the sad ending to all of this is that they'll let him absolve himself.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Strangler 42 posted:

I look forward to having to hose out my space suit because I died with my bowels full and they released when I died trying to move a box.

You shoot a guy and instead of the usual "blood spray" it's just brown poo poo flying in globs everywhere. This is the kind of fun Star Citizen deserves.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Titanic posted:

You shoot a guy and instead of the usual "blood spray" it's just brown poo poo flying in globs everywhere. This is the kind of fun Star Citizen deserves.
I got this image in my head of Chris Roberts sinking millions of dollars into an accurate simulation of the death of a spaceman in zero G where the rail gun perforates his bowels and he flies around with his detritus based propulsion system. Roberts just flapping his meaty paws describing how it "should" look and intern after intern quitting when he describes swimming in space.

I wonder if Chris has seriously asked around for zero-G mocap now that I think about it

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

colonelwest posted:

“Well you see Cyber Witcher IV has really been in development for 15 years, because one of the CDPR devs once mentioned in passing in 2005 that it would be cool to make an 80’s Cyberpunk styled game. So SC being a broken pre-alpha after 8 years is normal and good. Buy an Idris.”

This is correct except the comparison to SC. Because, you see, SC has actally only been in development since 2018. Late 2018. Really late 2018. Almost mid-2019, honestly, when you factor in the holidays and weekends and commute time and lunch breaks. Can you believe everything everything they've done completely from scratch in just 6 short months??

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Spiderdrake posted:

I got this image in my head of Chris Roberts sinking millions of dollars into an accurate simulation of the death of a spaceman in zero G where the rail gun perforates his bowels and he flies around with his detritus based propulsion system. Roberts just flapping his meaty paws describing how it "should" look and intern after intern quitting when he describes swimming in space.

I wonder if Chris has seriously asked around for zero-G mocap now that I think about it

When SC hits a billion dollars in total funding someday, Chris will partner with Elon Musk to send Gary Oldman to space for a week long zero-G mocaping session.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 17, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

MilesK posted:

Ryan Archer tax

Original work, definitely not a photoshop trace, do not steal.

I am so happy to have popped into this thread again after such a long time to see Archer still doing what he does.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

colonelwest posted:

When SC hits a billion dollars in total funding someday, Chris will partner with Elon Musk to send Gary Oldman to space for a week long zero-G mocaping session.
It won't happen but the greatest end possible for SC is Chris killing a dozen actors in space looking for zero G mocap

Mocap live deaths from clipping through doors

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

They will soon dominate us and we will happily accept this domination.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thoatse posted:

#notallforumdads

#goonlivesmatter

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

#goonlivesmatter

#irememberbeforetheinternet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sillybones posted:

A game has a SAM truck doesn't make much sense on paper or practically. Then you remember the game also has a battle tank. I guess for shooting at the missile truck?

Correction, the game has a SAM truck. The tonk was never seen from again after being sold :)

Also did they ever fix the sam truck, or do the missles still fly out from it and just skitter around the air before exploding randomly ?