Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

That lady is a great argument for the complete denuclearization of our military and planet.

By setting them all off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

joat mon posted:

By setting them all off?

Denuclearize the sun.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Flying_Crab posted:

That’s a great point. That’s kind of where I was going with prisoners needing to be counted in their home area for census/redistricting purposes, although that doesn’t really help with statewide elections.

But then even in their home area white people are going to be a larger proportion of the eligible electorate than the population generally.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

By setting them all off?

By any means necessary. We can't afford to take any option off the table at this point.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Impeached in the rear end for making a perfect phone call

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I guess he could just be several weeks behind, because he has already been impeached, we're just waiting to see if they punish him for it.

Just wait until he catches up to what he did in Iraq.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Eh, I don't like the idea of murderers being able to vote but if there are enough people in jail to swing an election then your society has bigger problems

do you think murderers vote out of spite or something?

because boy howdy do i have a major political party for you!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I guess he could just be several weeks behind, because he has already been impeached, we're just waiting to see if they punish him for it.

Just wait until he catches up to what he did in Iraq.

Remember, he's been claiming that he's not really impeached until the Senate takes over.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

They'll vote themselves out of jail!!!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Stultus Maximus posted:

Remember, he's been claiming that he's not really impeached until the Senate takes over.

Well fox was running the whole 'FIRST FAKE IMPEACHMENT!' thing because it had not been handed over yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

Gahh, that's right. loving trump timeline.

Colbert yesterday:

https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/1217629115412623367?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 17, 2020

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

how long before he tweets "TOTAL EXONERATION!!!" (again)?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

colachute posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING
DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF I LEFT THE KURDS BLEEDING

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

:vince:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

colachute posted:

As soonas mcconnel says to

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

colachute posted:

They vote explicitly for more murder and other stuff that makes society bad. This is because they're criminals, they love doing crime and being around crime, duh.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

But enough about the current administration

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

:drat:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So honest question, has Parnas said why he's talking and giving interviews?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 17, 2020

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
He's really jazzed on all their crimes and wants to share them with everyone.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AlexWardVox/status/1217983484838522880?s=19

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

Jfc :perfect:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

loving hell

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

took me a sec lol

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

So honest question, has Parnas said why he's talking and giving interviews?

He’s pissed everyone blew him off and acts like he wasn’t involved with them.

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1217959827504357377?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/TheJewishDream/status/1217820957659877377

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING

yes

I wonder if turtle face is gong to try the power move of immediately calling for a vote to dismiss charges.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Well that's certainly a thing. Can't believe the administration would lie about that. There's no way that wasn't going to come out at some point.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

No wonder Trump loves Jared the most out of his sons, they both have hips wider than their shoulders.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The first attempt at the cover didn’t go very well at all

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

fknlo posted:

Well that's certainly a thing. Can't believe the administration would lie about that. There's no way that wasn't going to come out at some point.

No casualties*

*Actual casualties may vary

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Eulogistics posted:

They vote explicitly for more murder and other stuff that makes society bad. This is because they're criminals, they love doing crime and being around crime, duh.

Many citizens may be willing to sacrifice their freedom for personal gain or passion, but the sanctity of participating in this democracy is what keeps so many would be ne'er-do-wells and cutpurses from turning on society.

Alternatively, lawmakers might not agree on much, but there could be bipartisan support for not having to campaign in prisons--that might result in them having to actually go see what's going on in there.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

fknlo posted:

They loving sharpies a noaa predicition path of a loving hurricane so he wouldn't have to admit he mispoke how are you surprised

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

The Article Above posted:

Many U.S. troops, however, manned exposed positions, including at least one group of drone operators who stayed in an above-ground building to get their drones aloft and avoid ground damage.

I kind of thought the entire point of drones was that it was way more okay to have a robot plane get blown up compared to a real live person so seeing these noble sky aces trying to keep their plane insurance from spiking is pretty wild, but I guess this is the same Army that catastrophically combined two helicopters in flight attempting to find a single handgun.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Look if we cant let other people get their hands on the super advanced M9 do you think we would risk letting them grab pieces of a DRONE

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's because a drone costs several million and a couple of drone operators is only at most $800k in life insurance payouts plus their training costs.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Thanks for letting me pop in here real quick. I have a dumb question that doesn't merit a thread and you seem like a decent lot.

You know how a high-ranking officer might employ an enlisted soldier as a personal aide-de-camp or whatever you call it -- and that enlisted soldier enjoys a certain....uh.... "freedom of action"...far beyond his rank because of who he works for?

Is there a term used to describe this type of coat-tail riding in the military? I'm going to beat you to the punch with "Another day that ends in -y", but seriously...what do you call that sort of power that a low-ranking dude inherits that way?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

What are the chances it was a bunch of junior enlisted launching ravens and pumas while the officers and SNCOs who told them to get them up were secure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AARP LARPer posted:

Thanks for letting me pop in here real quick. I have a dumb question that doesn't merit a thread and you seem like a decent lot.

You know how a high-ranking officer might employ an enlisted soldier as a personal aide-de-camp or whatever you call it -- and that enlisted soldier enjoys a certain....uh.... "freedom of action"...far beyond his rank because of who he works for?

Is there a term used to describe this type of coat-tail riding in the military? I'm going to beat you to the punch with "Another day that ends in -y", but seriously...what do you call that sort of power that a low-ranking dude inherits that way?

Positional authority is the term for the person who is acting on behalf of the commander, sometimes it's coat tail riding sometimes it's legitimate. Depends on the situation really.