Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Mr Interweb posted:

itshappening.gif

Thinkspot may leave its beta phase but its membership never will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Halloween Jack posted:

Thinkspot may leave its beta phase but its membership never will

:pusheen:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
tyler the creator was a MDE fan which cracks me up

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there was a funny sketch where he was saying he was the president of bank of america, then giving out an address and then saying poo poo like 'it would not be cool if someone came to my home and killed me and my family. do not do this.' while wielding a knife. It was so bizarre and over the top

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scionix posted:

tyler the creator was a MDE fan which cracks me up

People on this very forum were all about MDE when it first came up

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i liked MDE and thought it was funny then sam hyde went nazi

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Heath posted:

People on this very forum were all about MDE when it first came up

Oh I think MDE was hilarious but unfortunately Sam Hyde went a lil crazy

what can you do

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Some good messages in a couple sketches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLWvu51Vk4E

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i suppose it might be embarrassing to have found MDE funny at one point, and in retrospect i can see how hyde's thing veered toward the alt-right so in the end he's making "jokes" about detonating ryder trucks in largely black public housing projects or something like that. but i think if this thread has taught us anything it's that fascist-minded people are not comic book characters, but often just pathetic losers, albeit dangerous ones. i mean, they're just fascists, is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWEZ9iPQ65g

the idea that someone who goes in that direction can never be clever or funny ever is not really how i look at it. and speaking of getfiscal i've been listening to YCW and babyfinland made a point there about celine -- the anti-semitic french novelist -- that he joined up with the fascists because celine thought of himself as a loser and that he was so weak-willed he might as well get on with the winning team, and for him during world war II that appeared to be the fascists. whoopsie.

to shift the conversation a bit, one thing i've been thinking about again is how to respond to nazis flexing on people. like okay, you ended up in a situation where some nazis treated you like a jew for the first time in your entire life, when before this everything was going swimmingly. but there are a lot of people in america who are flexed on by white supremacy all the time, except the white supremacists who are doing it are the cops, or predatory service providers, or any number of things. so how you react, or just act, is going to have to start with you first thinking about that and taking it into account so your actions don't bounce back and make the situation for those people even worse -- since a white middle-class kid can probably walk away at any point

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Jan 17, 2020

animist
Aug 28, 2018

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yea he missed his chance to ask gun girl what she considers a fair price for a bj

To be fair, asking "so is there a fixed price you charge for blowjobs, or do you give a group discount?" may have been a rhetorical slam-dunk in that conversation, but it would also sound incredibly bad if quoted out of context.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

to shift the conversation a bit, one thing i've been thinking about again is how to respond to nazis flexing on people. like okay, you ended up in a situation where some nazis treated you like a jew for the first time in your entire life, when before this everything was going swimmingly. but there are a lot of people in america who are flexed on by white supremacy all the time, except the white supremacists who are doing it are the cops, or predatory service providers, or any number of things. so how you react, or just act, is going to have to start with you first thinking about that and taking it into account so your actions don't bounce back and make the situation for those people even worse -- since a white middle-class kid can probably walk away at any point

the proper response is whatever robs them of as much power as possible. since fascism is all about exercising power, there is nothing worse than looking weak and foolish.

for cops, it seems like filming them is about as good as it gets. im reminded of that video from a while back where a guy walked up to some cops hassling some black kids and loudly told them their rights while filming.

he was apparently notorious enough for filing and pressing legit harassment complaints (with video evidence) that the cop's partner straight up just got back in the car. granted, that seems like a good way to end up commiting suicide by multiple gunshot wounds to the back of the head, but probably less so for white folks.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monday’s don’t care about your feelings

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

should've copied getfiscal. he's also a weird-looking troll, but he's a weird-looking troll dedicated to self-improvement and love instead of self-destruction and hate

getfiscal is good canadian talent, it's not a strict secret, but most of canada's finest don't bother marketing to America and are therefore unknown to the likes of the NYT. On the other hand, you have grifters like Jordan Peterson and Family who leaped southwards to glom onto media's trailings

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what I mean, basically, is that famous sketches like williamsburg street fashion basically rely on you, the viewer, having certain attitudes towards a specific third party, that is Brooklyn hipsters. and not just certain attitudes but an emotional attachment to those attitudes, such that you’d feel vindicated or pleased by seeing them enacted by Sam. i still think those people are super annoying, my sister lived in that area for years and I hated visiting her, but because I just don’t care about Brooklyn hipsters as much as sam does I don’t find the sketch as funny as his fans do. whereas to find Premium Prices funny I don’t have to care or even really know about cheaply produced late night commercials.

Limmy has a sketch that's basically the same thing except instead of interviewing hipters, he does a funny imitation of them. you can tell which of the two is carrying some level of hateful spite because the MDE sketch is like 40 minutes long and it's pretty boring unless you're fuming the whole time. limmy's is like 2 minutes

Slim Jim Pickens has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Jan 17, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I respect Garfield both as an individual and as an intellect and will reasonably come up with terms that we both shall find agreeable

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...7b7110f12e.html

This story is saying another three guys in Georgia were arrested in connection to Mathews. Looks like the FBI was watching him for awhile.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

pick up the pace posted:

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...7b7110f12e.html

This story is saying another three guys in Georgia were arrested in connection to Mathews. Looks like the FBI was watching him for awhile.
:stare:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
conspiracy to commit murder!

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Samovar posted:

What was your boss's response to that?

I got a bog standard “you may be right but you need to be open minded and not react so sharply in situations like that”. we have a lot of people on all sides of the spectrum do work with us. I decided not to bring up the fact that I kept my mouth shut when they decided to have David Frum be a keynote speaker for an event we did.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember a Whitest Kids U Know sketch where the setup is that two guys are doing a script reading between a man and a woman, and the man wrote it so that the woman just degenerates into "I'm Karen I'm so stupid" while he screams at her. It's the kind of humour that makes your skin crawl, watching this enraged douche fantasize about degrading his girlfriend.

MDEP:WP devoted half an episode to being that guy.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Dr. Killjoy posted:

did the Australian guy who topped himself face any actual harassment or did he just see a parade of tweets calling him an unfuckable milksop or accusing him of having lower T than the drag queen he harassed and then decided “welp it’s all over for me now”?

mind you I certainly wouldn’t believe the likes of IT Glinner, but is there anything to his narrative?

No-one has said what was in his note and there's usually multiple things going on when you're about to kill yourself (speaking from experience, but also confirmed by therapists etc). In his case, he looks like he was going to be investigated by his university for breaching the code of conduct, and having a transcript that says 'non academic misconduct' closes a lot of doors in this country. I seem to recall that the transgender person he harassed was also weighing up legal options, though I'm not sure if that would have an effect or not. But like I said, a lot of things happening at once, it all builds up and next thing you know you're under a train.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember a Whitest Kids U Know sketch where the setup is that two guys are doing a script reading between a man and a woman, and the man wrote it so that the woman just degenerates into "I'm Karen I'm so stupid" while he screams at her. It's the kind of humour that makes your skin crawl, watching this enraged douche fantasize about degrading his girlfriend.

MDEP:WP devoted half an episode to being that guy.

WKYK was great, not gonna apologize. one of my favorite skits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38O-PcjXh0k

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/prospektiba/status/1218086019548893185?s=20

holy poo poo they sentenced him to half the earths lifespan!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

He only got twenty years?!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sedisp posted:

He only got twenty years?!

idgi

are you 40

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alan Smithee posted:

presidential pardon

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

did the Australian guy who topped himself face any actual harassment or did he just see a parade of tweets calling him an unfuckable milksop or accusing him of having lower T than the drag queen he harassed and then decided “welp it’s all over for me now”?

mind you I certainly wouldn’t believe the likes of IT Glinner, but is there anything to his narrative?

the statement his parents released implied that he got it the worst from the tories who put him up to it and then felt embarassed

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 13:35 on Jan 17, 2020

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thats definitely a font lol where do i get the trump handwriting font

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

use a polygraph

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

stefan should be happy

gwyneth paltrow is selling us her eggs

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Farm Frenzy posted:

just go a web search, there are several

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

malls don’t exist anymore dumbass

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm going to hurt myself rolling my eyes some day when listening to a right wing free market shitbag complain about the free market operating in its most benign and obvious functions.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Sir this is a Victoria Secret

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

*looks at a store full of lacy, uncomfortable, expensive lingerie*

"Clearly this store exists to benefit women"

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

:smuggo: WOMEN :smuggo: BE :smuggo: SHOPPING :smuggo:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

he must miss the time when a good 30% of every mall was a gamestop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mono posted:

Sir this is a Victoria Secret

*storms into VS in order to yell at drag queen hour*