Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is the queue for ROTR large enough to handle a non-virtual queue of any particular size? Flight of Passage has a loving gigantic, winding, multi-level queue and on busy days it still snakes out past the entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's pretty big. Lots of switch-backs inside.

I've only been through once but it seemed larger than FOP.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It would be weird for them to begin switching to virtual queues across the parks given all the investment into FP+. It's obviously a great solution for some rides, though.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Is the queue for ROTR large enough to handle a non-virtual queue of any particular size? Flight of Passage has a loving gigantic, winding, multi-level queue and on busy days it still snakes out past the entrance.

You mean the entrance of Pandora land, and not the ride itself, right? Because yeah.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

You mean the entrance of Pandora land, and not the ride itself, right? Because yeah.

I haven't seen it at the Pandora entrance since opening, but it comes out the FOP entrance regularly.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Countdown to people staying on property being able to get a boarding group up to a week before.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

chitoryu12 posted:

I haven't seen it at the Pandora entrance since opening, but it comes out the FOP entrance regularly.
It still stretches to the bridge to Africa every morning.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Beachcomber posted:

Countdown to people staying on property being able to get a boarding group up to a week before.

Bleh, wouldn't that just shut Rise out for anyone not staying on property? I mean I know they want people in their hotels, but that seems really dumb...

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Boxman posted:

The problem is that they need to change something in addition to opening a new attack toon if they want boarding groups to not be gone after 30 minutes every day.

I know this was meant to be 'attraction,' but let's take a moment to appreciate how perfect this autocorrect is for this thread, and particularly for the upcoming new attraction at the moment.

When Toons Attack II: Pete's Revenge

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
https://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/consumer-electronics/portable-devices/ar-in-a-contact-lens-its-the-real-deal

I don’t think this is how universal will do it

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

HS's tiered FP+ is just broken. You've got Slinky, AS2, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and RnR all as tier 1, so you can only pick a single one. RotR is virtual queue, Smugglers is standby only. You have no choice but to wait in long lines, and with everyone showing up super early to get RotR boarding groups, the park is full at 7:01 and wait times are immediately super long. They need to adjust the tiers.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
They need to get RotR into normal operations and open two or three more attractions. They specifically need more family friendly, all heights things that aren’t shows. Something that is teacups tier where the wait is always pretty low and you can just get on it. Runaway railway won’t be enough to get things there.

Oh and I think Studios is the only park without a play area so uhh, get a play area.

Dren fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 17, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
RIP Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. I spent so much time there as a kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

couldcareless posted:

Same. I thought I dreamt it until a theme park video mentioned it and my mind flooded back

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Given you are supposed to be toy-sized in TSL, they really ought to just recreate that play area.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

couldcareless posted:

When did that go away? We took my oldest through there in 2013 when she was 6 and loved it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Crini posted:

When did that go away? We took my oldest through there in 2013 when she was 6 and loved it.

They got rid of it in 2016. A sad day imo.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The play areas are something it took me a while to appreciate but now I realize that they’re the most amazing thing for young kids. Having a place they can go run around for an hour is great for them. We took the kids to Tom Sawyer island for the first time and they loved it. We always hit the Boneyard and even with all the construction in Epcot they left the family play area in tact. It’s weird that there’s nothing in Studios now that Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is gone.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, and I think that's a bad idea. I bet the Studios are seeing a lot more meltdowns from both kids and parents.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Apparently the boarding groups for RotR at Disneyland ran out within minutes, at least according to the LA Times.

Also people who drove 7 hours to ride the first day somehow didn't know about the boarding pass system.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
According to wdwnt, people were faking boarding passes on their phones and the CMs weren't scanning each person's so a bunch of people got through.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

couldcareless posted:

According to wdwnt, people were faking boarding passes on their phones and the CMs weren't scanning each person's so a bunch of people got through.

Plus if they didn’t scan them, couldn’t you get back in line and ride it twice??

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rancor lightsaber or go home.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/cchard/status/1218604556994609153?s=21

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

chitoryu12 posted:

Nice. I was boring and did knowledge and defense, but they’re all so cool looking.

I do wish you could mix and match from the different styles, though I understand why they don’t. I’m sure it’s probably hard to make all the different pieces fit together.

What color did you pick? I went with green.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

chitoryu12 posted:

What up saber bro!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

couldcareless posted:

What up saber bro!

Holy poo poo.

Nanigans posted:

Nice. I was boring and did knowledge and defense, but they’re all so cool looking.

I do wish you could mix and match from the different styles, though I understand why they don’t. I’m sure it’s probably hard to make all the different pieces fit together.

What color did you pick? I went with green.

Blue! I wanted something inspired by the Legends canon of Luke’s new Jedi temple and Tenel Ka had a turquoise lightsaber made from a rancor tooth.

Which then failed, causing her arm to get cut off in training, then blew up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want mine to look as close as possible to Luke’s from ROTJ, my favorite lightsaber

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Nanigans posted:

Eh, they're completely modular. You could even buy replacement "scrap" from ebay and REALLY mix and match. I saw somebody put a leather grip on the Protection and Defense one and it looked alright.

When I was there I went for Elemental Nature, but I ended up not liking the rancor tooth, so I went with the other pommel cap. I also went with the other emitter dish. I did end up going with the "leather" grip.

My son went with Protection and Defense, but his lower grip half is already loose. When I swapped parts around to test I think it's just the threading on the lower half. I may get a washer to tighten it up a bit or maybe just ebay a replacement.

The entire design of the system is pretty clever, though.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 19, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I saw that DL was selling loose pieces way back closer to opening but I didn't see any such thing at WDW. Kind of a shame because I'd definitely love to mix and match.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The rancor tooth pommel is the best because it causes the most damage when it slips and lands directly on your toe in the marketplace later.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

couldcareless posted:

I saw that DL was selling loose pieces way back closer to opening but I didn't see any such thing at WDW. Kind of a shame because I'd definitely love to mix and match.

DL did that for a few weeks(?) and stopped, WDW just never started, I think. Some people sell theirs on ebay which is like, fine, whatever, $40 for a one-time replacement piece, chalk up the 100% markup.

I saw somebody with 3d-printed transparent-ish crystals on ebay, seemed reasonable. I kind of want to keep the real ones I got and not mess with them, but I also do want some fun options (like the black one). My son got the Sith holocron but I didn't get the matching Jedi holocron, sadly.

chitoryu12 posted:

The rancor tooth pommel is the best because it causes the most damage when it slips and lands directly on your toe in the marketplace later.

"If there's one Jedi left in the galaxy it isn't you"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

couldcareless posted:

I actually asked a CM in Dok Ondar’s and he said they’re only doing that in Disneyland. (He said it in a different way of course, something like “That only happens on the other side of the planet. Do you understand what I mean?”)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Wow, +1 for me thinking the honey i shrunk the kids play area was a fever dream until y'all just posted about it. That and Body Wars are like two of the most vivid kid at Disney memories tbh

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CelticPredator posted:

I want mine to look as close as possible to Luke’s from ROTJ, my favorite lightsaber

:hfive: Mine too!

I literally asked the shopkeeper to help me pick the pieces that were closest to Luke’s.

Obviously not the same as Luke’s, but I love that it’s *mine*

Best part of the whole thing is the video my partner took of me finally holding it up. She said I looked just as stupidly happy as the nine year olds in the room. She was right.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Hazo posted:

I actually asked a CM in Dok Ondar’s and he said they’re only doing that in Disneyland. (He said it in a different way of course, something like “That only happens on the other side of the planet. Do you understand what I mean?”)

I had my Midwest Garrison 501st patch on a jacket and the counter CM asked me about being from "the land of corn" so I acknowledged that, yes, there's lots of corn, but we're more known for the "nerf"

Nanigans posted:

Best part of the whole thing is the video my partner took of me finally holding it up. She said I looked just as stupidly happy as the nine year olds in the room. She was right.

Yes! The whole thing was hokey and dumb but in the best Star Wars way and I probably had a grin that wouldn't fall off my face starting from when the FO officer CM walked up to the counter while we were waiting outside.

Luke, you say?

e: I also enjoy this stupidly fun joke

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 19, 2020

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Rise of the Resistance is definitely the best attraction of that type I’ve seen. We got to the park at like 6:15 and there were already maybe a thousand people waiting. We got boarding group 94. There were probably hundreds of people that didn’t get in until like 7:05 or whatever and were pretty disappointed.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Spoiler for the Jedi Fallen Order game

omg you can make the Savi lightsabers!!!!!!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Disneyland guest discovered to actually be King Arthur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Anyone who doesn't admit to trying to do this very thing is a God drat liar