Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
skub. I must have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!
You can also now set pronouns in your Votefinder user profile. To do this you can go to My Profile (from the top menu) after logging in and set them. Once this is done, it will look like this

Also I added amberpos theming. I'm not sure why. It might have just been to irritate Podima

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Bernstrike posted:

skub. I must have it

im anti skub myself

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

alli again posted:

You can also now set pronouns in your Votefinder user profile. To do this you can go to My Profile (from the top menu) after logging in and set them. Once this is done, it will look like this

Also I added amberpos theming. I'm not sure why. It might have just been to irritate Podima

blessed update

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

alli again posted:

:yeah:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that'll help a LOT. there are too many moments where i thought nat20 was short for natalie and stuff haha

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

alli again posted:

PLEASE revert amberpos

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mr. Steak posted:

that'll help a LOT. there are too many moments where i thought nat20 was short for natalie and stuff haha

:allears:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am an "idiot", please refer to me as such. Thank you for your cooperation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Dick Bastardly posted:

Excuse me, but that word is ableist, and making jokes about people of neurodivergent mental abilities is a bad look. We aren't far from a time in history when that label was used by eugenicists to classify people to be segregated from society in asylums and even targeted for forced sterilization.

This thread's title should be changed, as well, because we have all learned by now that irony doesn't make it okay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Excuse me, but that word is ableist, and making jokes about people of neurodivergent mental abilities is a bad look. We aren't far from a time in history when that label was used by eugenicists to classify people to be segregated from society in asylums and even targeted for forced sterilization.

This thread's title should be changed, as well, because we have all learned by now that irony doesn't make it okay.

please dont belittle real issues by pretending to care about them in a joking way

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(sorry for buzzkill)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Don't engage Lumpen.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

but he gave me a very ornate ring!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am a .... um... person.. who... hang on, see now I feel like if I belittle myself (no matter what word I use) I am somehow being insensitive even though I actually am stupid and deserve to be treated as an individual who is capable of belittling oneself without the judgement and persecution of a person who is not "stupid" just because they feel the need to defend myself from myself. I can call my stupid self whatever the heck I want and that takes nothing away from other normies and stupid alike.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I AM STUPID, gently caress YOU IF YOU DISAGREE

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hey you’re A-OK in my book Bick Dastardly

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

alli again posted:

still tempted to do a CGApos stylesheet

I have to teach the web fundamentals course at work in six weeks, may as well practice my CSS

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Sandwolf posted:

hey you’re A-OK in my book Bick Dastardly

:unsmith:

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Podima posted:

PLEASE revert amberpos

no

Epsilon Plus posted:

still tempted to do a CGApos stylesheet

I have to teach the web fundamentals course at work in six weeks, may as well practice my CSS

🙏🙏🙏

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

please dont belittle real issues by pretending to care about them in a joking way

👏

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Dick Bastardly, you may be an idiot, but you’re our idiot. And I won’t let anyone tell me different.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*rushes forth and attempts to strongheadedly make a ridiculous and confused argument about nothing, in honor of my SA mafia community and friends*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dick Bastardly posted:

*rushes forth and attempts to strongheadedly make a ridiculous and confused argument about nothing, in honor of my SA mafia community and friends*

the only posting tradition our community has, brings a tear to a man’s eye

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Lumpen posted:

Lumpen makes a good point

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
“Idiot” is ableist language, it’s true. But of the various forms of ableist language in common use, it is amongst the less severe. Still, the idea that is any form of objective measurement of “intelligence” is one writ in ableist and racist notions, which would be my reasoning for getting rid of “idiot.”

Personally, my personal word of the moment that I’m worried about is using “lame” to meaning boring. Don’t care for it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meinberg posted:

“Idiot” is ableist language, it’s true. But of the various forms of ableist language in common use, it is amongst the less severe. Still, the idea that is any form of objective measurement of “intelligence” is one writ in ableist and racist notions, which would be my reasoning for getting rid of “idiot.”

Personally, my personal word of the moment that I’m worried about is using “lame” to meaning boring. Don’t care for it.

Mr. Steak posted:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

stop digging, thread

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I am being entirely serious. I’m disabled. My girlfriend is disabled. Many of my friends are disabled. I spend a lot of time thinking about the way that our society views and presents disability and about how those ideas are then encoded into language. I’m sure most people think that I’m being “too PC” or “virtue signalling” or a “SJW cuck” or whatever people say, but I assure you that I’m being sincere.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
some things and people are just really loving stupid

case in point, this post

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What happened to this thread

Let’s discuss whether a jester has any place in any game. I say no because it goes against the core rule set of the game which drives behavior. We find and lynch scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Leaving behind the fact I genuinely couldn’t conceive of someone being linguistically prescriptive to that extent, I don’t believe you can have actually read Beauvoir or Sartre to misapply that concept so significantly

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
don't use "dumb" anymore either.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Let’s discuss whether a jester has any place in any game. I say no because it goes against the core rule set of the game which drives behavior. We find and lynch scum.

I agree, unless you have something very specific you're going for. Mods should not lie in flips.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Other potential discussion topics: Sarazanmafia when

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I hate jesters (this could track back to like Electric 6 Mafia...3 or something) because it just totally goes against every other player’s goals. No one should want to die (save maybe a bomb in the right instance) and to have a player who has no interest in NOT saying scummy things... they’re just gonna get lynched extremely early, it’ll look scummy to town and it’ll look easy to scum.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I am being entirely serious. I’m disabled. My girlfriend is disabled. Many of my friends are disabled. I spend a lot of time thinking about the way that our society views and presents disability and about how those ideas are then encoded into language. I’m sure most people think that I’m being “too PC” or “virtue signalling” or a “SJW cuck” or whatever people say, but I assure you that I’m being sincere.

the end result of this line of thinking is not saying anything negative or positive about anyone because everything is out of our control due to our genetic traits and entire course of life (trajectory of atoms from big bang resulting in creation of our surrounding environment/pressures) being set in stone at the beginning of time (400 years ago.) snooze won't let me say the B word and it makes me mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the b word is boner