Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Gardener's pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

Please tell us more.

Recipe HERE. Full disclosure, it is my blog. I finally broke down and made one.

Edit: In my defense, there is literally ZERO fluffy personal backstory/anecdotes in a recipe. Just info needed to make a food.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Grand Fromage posted:

Gardener's pie.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

droll posted:

Looks great. However Shepherd's pie is made with lamb. Cottage pie is made with beef. What you made isn't Shepherd's pie. You should invent a new name for your magnificent pie.

“Lying Pie” because you think it’s going to be full of meat.

“Tofu gravy wearing a potato hat” has a nice ring to it too.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Doom Rooster posted:

Recipe HERE. Full disclosure, it is my blog. I finally broke down and made one.

Edit: In my defense, there is literally ZERO fluffy personal backstory/anecdotes in a recipe. Just info needed to make a food.

this looks fantastic

thank you for not mommyblogging

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

BraveUlysses posted:

this looks fantastic

Agreed, and it's less mommyblogging and more "Google seo demands it" I think.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

:hmmyes:

This looks incredible

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

this looks fantastic

i feel the need to inform you all of this chrome extension

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

silvergoose posted:

Agreed, and it's less mommyblogging and more "Google seo demands it" I think.

Yeah basically. As long as they keep it all together at the front and I can skip down to the recipe, rather than the two being mixed together, whatever. If you can make money cooking on the internet instead of wage slaving at some garbage job I'm not going to be mad at you.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Wanted to send my old wok off with some honor, so I cooked one last meal in it before tossing it in the garbage. Made a delicious shrimp stir fry.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Made Kenjis chilli Verde with chicken. As a person who loves cream fat way too much there's a healthy dollup of sour cream to be mixed in. Fried the tortillas up timed just perfectly to still be warm but not oily too. I think this is the best version of this recipe I've ever made. Fish sauce makes the difference.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Should I start a breakfast thread? Not seeing one around at all.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I mean you can have breakfast for dinner, and dinner for breakfast.
So...

:justpost:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I would love more cuisine or meal specific threads in this sub

that tofu wearing a potato hat pie looks delicious.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I'd read it.

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it
Tonight I made white miso risotto with some soy glazed brussels sprouts:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just rename to a post ya culinary pics thread.

Carotid posted:

Tonight I made white miso risotto with some soy glazed brussels sprouts:

I am interested in both of those things please share how to make.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
My wife had a craving for clams in savory broth and none of the restaurants around here had what she was after on their menu so we took matters into our own hands.

$17 in clams from the local fishmonger well worth it. (we added cheap chorizo and a ton of shallots and a cheap white wine)

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 19, 2020

Carotid
Dec 18, 2008

We're all doing it

apatheticman posted:

I am interested in both of those things please share how to make.

The risotto is Kenji's awesome recipe here. I used an Instant Pot without having to change any of the instructions.

And the brussels sprouts are just sprouts mixed with 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic glove, mixed and roasted for 30+ minutes at 400 degrees. Just keep roasting until they start crisping up a bit, then add toasted sesame seeds when they're done.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Starks posted:

Do you have a recipe? What do you replace the meat filling with?

I’ve been looking for a good vegan shep recipe for a while.

This recipe is veggie rather than vegan but you can figure out the substitutions I'm sure. Green lentils are a great filling, really pleasing texture.

Knight Corgi
Jan 5, 2014

Good ol' hong shao rou (Red braised pork) on a bed of koshihikari rice and some bok choy.
In other words, Chinese braised pork belly on Japanese rice with some Chinese veggies.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Knight Corgi posted:

Good ol' hong shao rou (Red braised pork) on a bed of koshihikari rice and some bok choy.
In other words, Chinese braised pork belly on Japanese rice with some Chinese veggies.

That looks great. This is my favorite dish to blow through the Costco pork belly my dad drops off

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

overdesigned posted:

My wife had a craving for clams in savory broth and none of the restaurants around here had what she was after on their menu so we took matters into our own hands.

$17 in clams from the local fishmonger well worth it. (we added cheap chorizo and a ton of shallots and a cheap white wine)

gently caress yeah, nice

I have been craving mussels lately, but my girlfriend hates seafood and will not even consider clams etc. It's the one thing food item I haven't been able to make something she likes

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

THE MACHO MAN posted:

gently caress yeah, nice

I have been craving mussels lately, but my girlfriend hates seafood and will not even consider clams etc. It's the one thing food item I haven't been able to make something she likes

That sucks! My wife is obsessed with shellfish, I can't possibly make enough mussels or clams for her. It's awesome. Best thing I can do is come home with a bag of clams and melt some butter, it's like our honeymoon again.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

gently caress yeah, nice

When I first started dating my wife, the only seafood she ate was tuna and shrimp. She wasn’t into anything else. Calamari kind of got her started on other seafood. I guess once you taste good calamari and admit that squid is good, you’ll be open to trying lots of other seafood.

Now my wife eats just about anything from the ocean. Sashimi, escargot, oysters... the only seafood she really hasn’t been down with the last few years is uni.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Escargot is not seafood.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

prayer group posted:

Escargot is not seafood.

Just a mollusk

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I constantly forget escargot isn’t seafood.

I think it’s because snail salad is insanely popular where I live, and those snails come from the ocean. So mentally I just bunch them together I think :downs:

On that note, my wife also eats snail salad.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Doom Rooster posted:

Blackened Cod with Mustard Cider Slaw.

Made this but the lazy way (not that it’s complicated to start). Bagged coleslaw stuff, didn’t feel like chopping parsley, but the dressing was delicious and so was the fish-good blackening mix that isn’t too over the top. A++ and thanks for sharing your blog-looking forward to trying some of your other recipes.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Here’s a potato, leek, and mushroom soup. Heavy cream bothers my wife’s stomach, so I use sour cream instead. Comes out drat good in my opinion.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Here’s a potato, leek, and mushroom soup. Heavy cream bothers my wife’s stomach, so I use sour cream instead. Comes out drat good in my opinion.

This looks spectacular, especially with the sour cream. Got a recipe?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Aunt Beth posted:

This looks spectacular, especially with the sour cream. Got a recipe?

This is what I jotted down for this one.
At the end I thought the flavor was a slightly flat, so I added some garlic powder and that really gave it a little extra dimension. So next time I’ll probably add a little sliced or minced garlic in with the leeks and mushrooms at the beginning.

You can also probably make it a little more savory by using only butter instead of half olive oil.

1 sliced leek
3-4 cubed potatoes
4-5 sliced white button mushrooms
4 cups chicken stock
Olive oil
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Tarragon
Cayenne

Sauté sliced leeks in butter/olive oil. Add salt/pepper. When leeks have Mostly softened, add sliced mushrooms. When both have softened to desired level, add cubed potatoes and 4 qts chicken stock and a little tarragon and cayenne pepper.

Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. While potato’s are softening, scoop out about 1 cup of liquid into separate bowl let cool slightly in refrigerator. Mix in a couple tablespoons of sour cream and whisk together. Pour mixture back into simmering soup and stir in. If you add the sour cream directly to the simmering soup, it will most likely curdle. Add one tablespoon of arrowroot powder or corn starch to thicken. Season to taste.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I made a chickencheese. Go to the chickencheese thread. Make a chickencheese. You've still got like 5 days!

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
I made BA Rick's chili colorado

I like the color a lot

E: just ate a couple chili tacos and man this stuff is good and very filling

fart store fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 25, 2020

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
his recipe is good for chile colorado, but I would definitely use thyme instead of sage, and he doesn't add orange skin when braising.

pretty sure it is delicious nonetheless, it's a dish I've forced in a pinch with even less ingredients and its always delicious.

back home we scoop up the fat that builds up when braising and use that instead of lard for the refried beans, then serve the beans with a scoop of the pork and it's called 'beans with poison'... my mouth is watering

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
I went to the store to buy stuff for soup and left with ingredients to make aguachile.

It's like ceviche, but spicier, you cook the shrimp in blended lime, cilantro, and serrano liquid.

Then add red onion, cucumber, cilantro, serrano, and avocado in slices.
I also sprinkle some powdered chile de arbol because serranos in the US are lame and about as hot as a regular jalapeño back home.

Enjoy with ice cold beer, crackers, or totopos.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 26, 2020

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

ogarza posted:

his recipe is good for chile colorado, but I would definitely use thyme instead of sage, and he doesn't add orange skin when braising.

pretty sure it is delicious nonetheless, it's a dish I've forced in a pinch with even less ingredients and its always delicious.

back home we scoop up the fat that builds up when braising and use that instead of lard for the refried beans, then serve the beans with a scoop of the pork and it's called 'beans with poison'... my mouth is watering

Thanks for the advice on the thyme and orange. I might try that next time.

And drat I wish I'd waited to read your post before I threw the skimmed fat away. I even have a bunch of frozen cubes of homemade pintos in my freezer. Next time, I guess.

Also your aguachile shrimp thing looks delicious and refreshing.

fart store fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 26, 2020

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

I made a chickencheese. Go to the chickencheese thread. Make a chickencheese. You've still got like 5 days!

Goddamn. That is a good looking sausage.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

I'm glad you posted in this thread because I wanted to say GODDAMN but I probably won't have time to make a chickychee next week.

GODDAMN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Made this but the lazy way (not that it’s complicated to start). Bagged coleslaw stuff, didn’t feel like chopping parsley, but the dressing was delicious and so was the fish-good blackening mix that isn’t too over the top. A++ and thanks for sharing your blog-looking forward to trying some of your other recipes.

Oh awesome! Super glad you liked it, yours looks great!

Honestly, I use bagged mix at home the majority of the time since it is fast, easy, and doesn't leave me with 4lbs of leftover cabbage.