Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Poker Night at the Inventory 3 where Geralt is upset they're not playing Gwent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

The next game should be “Ciri aimlessly teleports”

A pretty big part of the last Witcher book was "Ciri aimlessly teleports" and it owned, so hopefully yes.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Twilight, Winnie the Pooh, Macbeth and Calvin and Hobbes are all canon to The Witcher games.

and soul calibur!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A big flaming stink posted:

and soul calibur!

And Monster Hunter

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

I think Hearts of Stone is the best writing across all the Witcher games combined. It’s real good.

More like the best farting. HAW HAW HAW

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This is my first time playing in 4 years and I'm so rusty.
I think ng+ was a mistake here, i can't seem to restock my potions when meditating (just gives me an "alchemy: you cannot do this now" error message)

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Replaying this after many years and just got through first half of family matters with the bloody baron and this poo poo is good.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I finished the main game (good ending with Ciri making her own choices) and just, man I just loved it. What a great great game. I saw that Hearts of Stone is only $4 so picked it up. What can I expect? If I’m using the masterworked griffin gear and a red/blue hybrid character for the most part is there some radically different but just as killer build I should switch to, to mix things up? And if so what would be the armor to build to match it.

I could see maybe a full alchemy build that allows for stacking multiple decoctions to amp up DPS during fights. Or maybe a full blue build, but that latter doesn’t seem too viable with how combat usually goes. The masterworked griffin with a bunch of points in light/heavy attack (especially Rend, holy poo poo that trivialized the boss by stunlocking him) matched with super frequent support spells is just a really fun way to play.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
all builds are useless against the might of the giant frog

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Get superior golden Oriole and trivialize the frog battle.

Also make sure you pick a fight with Olgierd at your second meeting for one of the best scenes in the game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

After reading about different armor set perks, think I might have to hunt down the masterworked cat gear.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Blind Rasputin posted:

After reading about different armor set perks, think I might have to hunt down the masterworked cat gear.

Try this with your current gear; first two tiers of Quen and Yrden for alt modes plus Axii filler, the upper tiers are pretty garbo if you went deeper in Signs. Sign Intensity soft caps around 140% so you can replace some if you're over 200 or something.

Then go Alchemy. Acquired Tolerance is key to use multiple concoctions then whatever you want. Blade oil is good but not flashy, bombs are fun.

Don't forget the generic Griffin School skill for tons of stamina. Fill in the rest of the points wherever just stay away from the upper tiers of Signs/blue

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It loving sucks that you have to stand up for some creepy loving rapist to get a cool fight.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah that first Olgried fight is a really tense moment. The designers really stepped up their game in HoS with the fights. Mechanically and otherwise.

hobbesmaster posted:

The next game should be “Ciri aimlessly teleports”

Ciri throws an empty wine bottle into the camp fire. Spins around until she feels real dizzy, and just as she's about the hit the ground - she teleports.

Ciri roulette.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

itry posted:

Yeah that first Olgried fight is a really tense moment. The designers really stepped up their game in HoS with the fights. Mechanically and otherwise.

Those loving spider-things are the best and most frustrating addition. The combat AI is diabolical with those, especially if you're in range of 3 or more at a time.

Also, back to fav quest lines. The sidequest Paperchase in B&W is the *best*.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 17, 2020

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Blind Rasputin posted:

I finished the main game (good ending with Ciri making her own choices) and just, man I just loved it. What a great great game. I saw that Hearts of Stone is only $4 so picked it up. What can I expect? If I’m using the masterworked griffin gear and a red/blue hybrid character for the most part is there some radically different but just as killer build I should switch to, to mix things up? And if so what would be the armor to build to match it.

I could see maybe a full alchemy build that allows for stacking multiple decoctions to amp up DPS during fights. Or maybe a full blue build, but that latter doesn’t seem too viable with how combat usually goes. The masterworked griffin with a bunch of points in light/heavy attack (especially Rend, holy poo poo that trivialized the boss by stunlocking him) matched with super frequent support spells is just a really fun way to play.

Get both dlcs, they are fantastic and B&W is the best ending to a series I have seen so far.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Proteus Jones posted:

Also, back to fav quest lines. The sidequest Paperchase in B&W is the *best*.

Who knew you could have that much fun in a bank.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Get both dlcs, they are fantastic and B&W is the best ending to a series I have seen so far.

it needed more Geralt running a vineyard quests. Use your Witcher senses to properly blend the wine!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I dunno, at the end of Witcher 3 I was retired in some mansion villa looking thing laying in bed all day and slaying monsters for old times sake every once in a moon while the hot redhead wife made all the bread and paid the bills. What more could geralt ask for?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It loving sucks that you have to stand up for some creepy loving rapist to get a cool fight.

Did they ever say what the guy was guilty of? I can't remember. Regardless I always stand up for the guy because I get a cool fight out of it and because it foreshadows Geralt's choice at the end of the DLC where he stands up for a bad person against a greater evil even if they don't deserve it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

I dunno, at the end of Witcher 3 I was retired in some mansion villa looking thing laying in bed all day and slaying monsters for old times sake every once in a moon while the hot redhead wife made all the bread and paid the bills. What more could geralt ask for?

You actually get to play out that ending in B&W though.

Though you seem to have made a terrible choice along the way

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEkLGQthMk

Yen is the right choice

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did they ever say what the guy was guilty of? I can't remember. Regardless I always stand up for the guy because I get a cool fight out of it and because it foreshadows Geralt's choice at the end of the DLC where he stands up for a bad person against a greater evil even if they don't deserve it.

He was sexually assaulting the daughter of the house's owner.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

He was sexually assaulting the daughter of the house's owner.

Who are we talking about here? The dude who was beheaded in front of the manor house Von Everec is slumming in?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I think Yen is the more toxic relationship and thus should be avoided. Codependency and emotional abuse have no place in a partnership.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think Yen is the more toxic relationship and thus should be avoided. Codependency and emotional abuse have no place in a partnership.

loving someone with amnesia and lying about your identity is v healthy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, i think a lot of people's problem with yen is that her and geralt's relationship is so independ-

wait, codependent? did you say geralt and yennefer's relationship is COdependent?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arcsquad12 posted:

Twilight, Winnie the Pooh, Macbeth and Calvin and Hobbes are all canon to The Witcher games.

Disney buys Netflix & CDPR, summonable Geralt in KH4.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Paracelsus posted:

Disney buys Netflix & CDPR, summonable Geralt in KH4.

Geralt in Smash to see if he can out-gravel solid Snake

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

geralt's already shown up in monster hunter and soul calibur i can't imagine CDPR would balk at sticking him in smash

the smash fans getting yet another idiot swordfighter after they just announced the 15th one yesterday on the other hand

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Smash is going to be 50% Fire Emblem reskins before long.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

They'll put Meatboy in Smash before Geralt gets there.

(All in the same new fighter pack)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm going to replay this. Why is everyone sold out of digital codes for the PS4? Is the only place I can buy this game digitally on the lovely overpriced Playstation Store?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colonel Whitey posted:

Are the other quests in the game that nuanced and interesting? I’ve seen people say that it’s the best quest in the game so I’m worried it’s downhill from here.

Don't worry, I think some of the later storylines are even more memorable and interesting. People just talk about the Bloody Baron because he's the first big chunk of questing in the game.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
God loving dammit I’m starting to get into Gwent

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Colonel Whitey posted:

JacknicholsonfromTheDeparted.gif

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Colonel Whitey posted:

:getin:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hobbesmaster posted:

*nods sagely*

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

chaosapiant posted:

Who are we talking about here? The dude who was beheaded in front of the manor house Von Everec is slumming in?

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Colonel Whitey posted:

One of ussss.