Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Megabound posted:

Went to Mt Cordeaux on the weekend to shoot the regrowing bushland last weekend. The only wildlife we found was cicadas and their roar was deafening, real desolate stuff.

I have more to scan and process this evening, but I found this tree very striking.

Would dig seeing more of these when you have them

I learned what a trompe is the other day and now I can't stop thinking about trompes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

well why not posted:

what’s the semi hateful stereotype for the Northern Beaches? As in the area from Manly - Palm Beach.

Its like The Shire except they have more money, further away from everything and a loving pain in the arse to drive into/out of. the locals are like the worst people of Sydney and the worst people of the central coast combined into one turbo-bogan.

They act like nowhere else in Sydney has beaches.

its Sydneys G*** C****

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rich people i thought

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its like you lose all your street cred if you ever lived there

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
It was surf rapists when I was growing up there

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac posted:

Rich people i thought

its rich bogans who grew up on the streets.

so you're unlikely to get rolled by lads walking down the street, but you will absolutely get chewed out by a woman that looks like P!NK who reckons you stole her car space in the woolies car park.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

its rich bogans who grew up on the streets.

so you're unlikely to get rolled by lads walking down the street, but you will absolutely get chewed out by a woman that looks like P!NK who reckons you stole her car space in the woolies car park.

Have lived here for 6 months (probably closer to St Ahves than the beaches) and this is absolutely true.

My co-worker is born and bred northern beaches and he's an ex cone punching bogan

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yep these are it. Lifelong resident and you’re all basically spot on. Particularly the point about Surf Rapists. Yikes those guys were intense.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Palm beach on the forbidden coast is surprisingly chill for a place both on the gc and with it’s own smallish Centrelink bc of the large number of housing commission places out the back of the beach front. I worked there while I was at Burleigh and there’s a pretty sizeable homeless population for what it is but all the rich yuppies in thongs at worst ignore them completely. Kinda reminds me of Byron right before it shifted from chill trendy to hyper crystal fuckwit trendy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think the moment for me Byron went to poo poo was when the bong shop on the main drag changed their name from ‘the bong shop’ to something like ‘awakened energy’ around the mid 2000s but it’s probably a very subjective moment to define between each person, I know for a fact people I knew living there at the time were lamenting me getting around shirtless with rum in a pineapple as having ruined the place

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Can confirm

I have had to do this too in a state school classroom

Pretty funny

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think the moment for me Byron went to poo poo was when the bong shop on the main drag changed their name from ‘the bong shop’ to something like ‘awakened energy’ around the mid 2000s but it’s probably a very subjective moment to define between each person, I know for a fact people I knew living there at the time were lamenting me getting around shirtless with rum in a pineapple as having ruined the place

I left the far north coast at the end of 1994. Byron had well and truly gone to poo poo by then.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Eating battered fried pickled jalapeno slices. Highly recommended

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Eating battered fried pickled jalapeno slices. Highly recommended

I have a bunch of chilli plants just coming into fruit now, and jalapeno poppers are definately in my future.

Also, fermented chilli sauce.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Palm beach on the forbidden coast is surprisingly chill for a place both on the gc

in case you were not convinced that the northern beaches is Sydneys Gold Coast, there is a Palm Beach in the northern beaches also.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
It's even raining in Perth today, how nice. Off to buy a sausage roll

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I managed to get all of the security cahmehrahs mounted. I haven’t run the cabling yet so I can’t survey my angles and there’s probably a couple of hours just aligning them right but i can’t wait to get 1080p footage of someone stealing my cameras

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Laserface posted:

in case you were not convinced that the northern beaches is Sydneys Gold Coast, there is a Palm Beach in the northern beaches also.

a place so rich it had a boomer movie named after it

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress else is camera meant to be pronounced the er is right there

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

BurgerQuest posted:

How the gently caress else is camera meant to be pronounced the er is right there

like a camry mate, ie the p[erfect car

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ili posted:

Nah I think they're just discussing the AFL.

It's also the sign for swans. So there's a few layers of redundancy there.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

not a bad deal on ballsacks really

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Finished work for two weeks and tomorrow I'm off to central Canada to live the mountain life, snowboard, buy weed in a shop and eat poutine.

If I'm lucky I'll find a Sheila and never have to come back to this lovely country

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Laserface posted:

Finished work for two weeks and tomorrow I'm off to central Canada to live the mountain life, snowboard, buy weed in a shop and eat poutine.

If I'm lucky I'll find a Sheila and never have to come back to this lovely country

good luck gently caress australia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tokamak posted:

southern sydney

Ah k.. No recommendations sorry.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Had a hell tasty ribeye steak for lunch today on the parents dime. Man.... it was so good. Still thinkin bout that steak

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Golden or Banff?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah I wouldn't mind meeting a canadienne. gently caress leaving aus but, nowhere in the world I'd rather live.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
You're lucky if your cokes getting cut with anything stimulant related these days. As an immigrant I was and still am shocked at how poo poo all the drugs are over here. Also Canada is loving grouse and I'd still be living there if the whole idea of the place didn't just send me into a spiral of depression thanks to the ex.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Leaving Australia to live within driving distance of the United States of America sounds... counterintuitive at best.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah Canada seems really cool but I’m pretty sure Canada is just cold and polite Australia anyway. Can see the argument for cold weather being less stressful maybe

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Kins posted:

Leaving Australia to live within driving distance of the United States of America sounds... counterintuitive at best.

People don't seem to want to admit it but a lot of dumb bullshit seems to diffuse across the border. Especially work related poo poo, 'yes you should get a good wage and suitable conditions but no I don't think we should have to pay you a a better wage or benefits. Not my fault it's unfair now get back to the coal mine you ungrateful cur.' seems to be a common theme. gently caress I miss Australian working conditions.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Anemone Thief posted:

not a bad deal on ballsacks really

I can't even give mine away. Then again, my knob can't take the cap off a bottle so I'm not exactly top-tier.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shoutout to the painful haemorrhoid on my rear end in a top hat today

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

nah i’ve got too many as is

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I see they've got scrotum keyrings and scrotum bottleopeners, what else would you like to buy in scrotum format? I'm thinking like a phillips head screwdriver. A corkscrew perhaps.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I see they've got scrotum keyrings and scrotum bottleopeners, what else would you like to buy in scrotum format? I'm thinking like a phillips head screwdriver. A corkscrew perhaps.
Doorstops, paperweights, hackeysacks, coin purses, medical waste containers.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Canada is super cool but it’s now dead to me because my ex is Canadian

It sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Dude McAwesome posted:

Canada is super cool but it’s now dead to me because my ex is Canadian