Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

hell yeah king, two sad bois who aren’t going to the great white north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My best friend in high school was canadian and I miss the guy a lot, but the idea of spending a million hours to visit Ottowa is like, uh I dunno man. I bet I could get him to go to quebec with me which justifies it a bit more.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

I have a bunch of chilli plants just coming into fruit now, and jalapeno poppers are definately in my future.

Also, fermented chilli sauce.

I had 6 jalapeno plants at one point and the heat got every single one in a heatwave. They made a ridiculous amount of fruit

Laserface posted:

Finished work for two weeks and tomorrow I'm off to central Canada to live the mountain life, snowboard, buy weed in a shop and eat poutine.

If I'm lucky I'll find a Sheila and never have to come back to this lovely country

Send photo of poutine

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Me and the Mrs talked about doing a few years abroad contracting. I said Singapore or Scotland, she suggested new Zealand but Scotland also got a good response. I'd even consider Ireland

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have a penis chili plant growing atm, he is a grower not a shower rn

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
If I lived in Canada I'd try and get a produce stall and live a letterkenny life

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Gromit posted:

I can't even give mine away. Then again, my knob can't take the cap off a bottle so I'm not exactly top-tier.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

I have a penis chili plant growing atm, he is a grower not a shower rn

I think I got some seeds for one. I need to live in a more temperate climate that doesn't scorch me plants

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Had a really pretty visitor today, never knew they were even in Sydney.

Rose-crowned fruit dove

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Outrail posted:

Golden or Banff?

Staying in nelson, riding at whitewater and maybe a day at red.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's the night before I'm brewing a beer, which is the traditional time to begin creating the actual beer recipe.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I learnt that lentils can be made into a beer

Penis chili!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jestery posted:

Penis chili!

I have seen a lot of Penises in my time and that does not look like a Penis.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tokamak posted:

It's the night before I'm brewing a beer, which is the traditional time to begin creating the actual beer recipe.

Bit early isn't it?
Sometimes I'd come up with mine while looking at the grain bags at the brew shop

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

maxe posted:

Would dig seeing more of these when you have them

I learned what a trompe is the other day and now I can't stop thinking about trompes

Just got finished scanning.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Btw mb I have a camera with a nice portrait lens but I want something better for distance wildlife pictures, what sort of poo poo am I looking for? I am clueless when it comes to cameras

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Those are nice photos mega, good job

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Btw mb I have a camera with a nice portrait lens but I want something better for distance wildlife pictures, what sort of poo poo am I looking for? I am clueless when it comes to cameras

What camera do you have? Most manufacturers do a cheap and good 70-300mm which will get you all the reach you need for everything except birding.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s a Nikon d3100, I’ve haven’t used a proper camera since high school so I’m still trying to figure out the basics with the lens I have but I definitely want something with more distance. I’m not sure exactly what lens it has but it is 100% close range bc the closeups of my dog are very pretty on auto settings.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are cool, i love the burned grass tree with bugs one

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Visible Stink posted:

Those are nice photos mega, good job

I envy people who can take good photos. I can barely point and shoot.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It’s a Nikon d3100, I’ve haven’t used a proper camera since high school so I’m still trying to figure out the basics with the lens I have but I definitely want something with more distance. I’m not sure exactly what lens it has but it is 100% close range bc the closeups of my dog are very pretty on auto settings.

If you want to have fun and experiment I'd recommend chucking it into Aperture Priority (The A mode) and playing around. That'll select shutter speed for you based of manually set apeture and you can see how that effects your photos. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to only shoot full manual.

Nikon SLRs are cool because the lens mount never changed. You can get really cheap full manual lenses from a range of makers from as far back as 1959 that'll work with your camera.

There's a Brisbane camera fair every July and you'll get handfulls of Nikon lenses for $10 each.

If you wanna do some learning I highly recommend The Art of Photography essentials playlist for the fundamentals of exposure and composition.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGEE7pGLuppT2MB0a7TYgBx_ZHDDHaEr6

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Laserface posted:

Staying in nelson, riding at whitewater and maybe a day at red.

Noice. Kootenays are getting slammed with powder this week. Almost a meter of snow in my driveway over the last 4 days. Snowblower died and we had to go with an engage 4wd and slam the pedal manouver just to get onto the street. Owns bones.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'm getting reports of wanky forbidden coast canal floods after the pissdown last night. I think we are unilaterally saying this rain is a sign from god that the GC titans should be kicked out of the NRL before the 2020 season starts

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

This is my housemate's dog. He is called Buddy, he's part Kelpie part staffy. He's I think 7 or 8 months old and is relatively well behaved but is v bored at the moment because it's raining

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Look for a 70-300 if you're being cheap or go 70-200 if you got a dick made of cash. Either will let you get closer to wildlife/perv on neighbors.

You likely have a 18-55 on it which is wide to portrait. The ring around the front will say what it is.

Outrail posted:

Noice. Kootenays are getting slammed with powder this week. Almost a meter of snow in my driveway over the last 4 days. Snowblower died and we had to go with an engage 4wd and slam the pedal manouver just to get onto the street. Owns bones.

Flight to Vancouver is delayed so I'm probably gonna miss my flight to cranbrook and also my poparide rodeshare to Nelson but ehhhhh better than being in the office.

Worst case I spend a day in Vancouver smoking legal fat doinks.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

McSpergin posted:

This is my housemate's dog. He is called Buddy, he's part Kelpie part staffy. He's I think 7 or 8 months old and is relatively well behaved but is v bored at the moment because it's raining

oh hell yeah!!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Laserface posted:

Look for a 70-300 if you're being cheap or go 70-200 if you got a dick made of cash. Either will let you get closer to wildlife/perv on neighbors.

You likely have a 18-55 on it which is wide to portrait. The ring around the front will say what it is.

Flight to Vancouver is delayed so I'm probably gonna miss my flight to cranbrook and also my poparide rodeshare to Nelson but ehhhhh better than being in the office.

Worst case I spend a day in Vancouver smoking legal fat doinks.

Stuck in Vancouver is infinitely better than being stuck in Cranhole. When you pass through it'll be the closest I've been to a goon in a loooong time. What I'm saying is gently caress off mate this is my turf.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jestery posted:

Penis chili!

Purple UFO chilli

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's a cool chilli, possums ate all the leaves off our chilli plant, we moved it and they're growing back but I doubt we'll get any fruit off it

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

drat possums. How dare they.

I need to learn how to overwinter these ones, because they are growing really well and I don't want to have to start again next year.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Finally some actual wet rain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

New Point Break remake looking real good

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shoutout to my furiously painful butthole roid

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Outrail posted:

Stuck in Vancouver is infinitely better than being stuck in Cranhole. When you pass through it'll be the closest I've been to a goon in a loooong time. What I'm saying is gently caress off mate this is my turf.

Looks like I'll be stuck in cranbrook, at least until I figure out if I'm gonna rent a car and drive myself to Nelson or get my friends to come pick me up. In the interest of saving everyone time the former is looking like the best option.

Maybe I won't crash and die on icy roads in total darkness?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Dumbass bicycle delivery guy in the M5 tunnel causing chaos

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I ready about the "kratsky method" and am very excited to try it out

It's like a very chill hydroponic set up that need next time no monitoring

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Jestery posted:

I ready about the "kratsky method" and am very excited to try it out

It's like a very chill hydroponic set up that need next time no monitoring

Misread as kransky method, now I want some snags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Can you edit posts in locked threads? If so Korgan needs to change the last post in the old thread to this

https://youtu.be/McCDWYgVyps